Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2019 3:34:26 PM EDT
I know we have some where like to participate in counter marches/protests.  Both of these event will be at city parks.  Be funny to watch the reactions to people open carrying.  If you do go, make sure to film the entire thing in case there is any confrontation.

https://wearorange.org/

Duncan ParkE FIFTH St
Lexington, KY 40508
32 mi away

When:Saturday, June 8, 4:00 PM
Join Moms Demand Action, and our community partners, for Wear Orange! This is a family friendly event which will include food, music, art activities, and a petting zoo. WEAR ORANGE DAY is observed in early June throughout the country, with thousands of people wearing the color orange and turning community landmarks orange to bring attention to the epidemic of gun violence. This is the third year for the WEAR ORANGE observance in Lexington and the second in conjunction with the VIP Peace Walk. Long-time activist Anita Franklin started the peace walks in April 2015, a year after her son Antonio Franklin Jr. was shot and killed in that very park, an innocent victim of the gun violence epidemic that threatens our country.

Frankfort - wear orange farmer's market table

Franklin County Farmers Market Pavilion
RIVER VIEW Ct
Frankfort, KY 40601

When:Saturday, June 8, 8:30 AM
It's not only Wear Orange Weekend but also Chidren's Day at the Farmers Market! This is our chance to share our Be Smart message with the families of Frankfort.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if they will show up at the NGD show tomorrow? LOL...
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
They've been working hard over here in Louisville.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm hoping for rain. Lots of it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, just read the Wave3 article. They met with Mayor BIKELANES year (no surprise he's lighting up landmarks for them, can't imagine we would get the same treatment). Today there's the cookout at a park on Magazine Street about noon time?
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let’s hope it localized. I have roof work to do today.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, just read the Wave3 article. They met with Mayor BIKELANES year (no surprise he's lighting up landmarks for them, can't imagine we would get the same treatment). Today there's the cookout at a park on Magazine Street about noon time?
View Quote
Lighting up the Big4Bridge costs $6000 if you or I wanted to do it.

We should start a 2A appreciation day, June 5? A day where we all OC and acknowledge all the good guns have done
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]
So did anyone go to any of these? I did not see this until today or I would have most likely gone by the one in Lexington.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I was out of town and wasn't able to go.  I skimmed through Kentucky.com and didn't see any mention of it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I am up for it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#10]
The Georgetown newspaper gave the event publicity along with mentioning our local group and the Mayor declaring last Friday "Wear Orange Day".  

It is a shame no viable Republican leaning candidate even tried to run for Mayor of Georgetown.  The election is this fall and the guy from the Republican side is a negative mouse of man who stands no chance at winning.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I think you would be a shoe in for Mayor of G'town!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top