Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2018 9:00:56 AM EDT
I lived in HI from 1989 to 1999. When the assault pistol ban was passed I modified my magazines by riveting a spacer between the spring and floor plate like many others did and hoped it was good enough to remain legal.  When I moved to WA I drilled out the rivets and restored them to standard capacity.

My question is, has anyone in HI ever asked their senator or representative to request an opinion from the Attorney General to define what "readily restore" means in regards to modifying mag capacity?  Thanks.

Randy
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 2:26:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Most plugs for pistol mags i have seen were either riveted or epoxied in place.  i would guess that “readily restorable” would mean using a screw instead of a rivet or simply popping the mag open and adding a spacer to restrict the follower from depressing beyond 10 rds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top