Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2020 10:04:05 PM EDT
Slightly modded car. Out of state title. Trying to register here.

No CEL. What will eff me on registering here?  2006.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Phoenix or tucson, idk. Everywhere else, you are good as long as the vin matches.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Phoenix or tucson, idk. Everywhere else, you are good as long as the vin matches.
View Quote
Maricopa County.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Whats slightly modified? Did you do away with any emission equipment?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Whats slightly modified? Did you do away with any emission equipment?
View Quote
Aftermarket cat on downpipe. Cat back exhaust with full muffler. Silicone vacuum hoses.

In AZ is that a failure?

No CEL thrown.

Maybe a tune thrown in...
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think the registration process will be any trouble, but you'll have to go thru emissions first. If it won't pass the emissions testing, they're not gonna let you register it.

If the car is OBDII equipped, you should be good to go as long as the check engine light is off.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If the car is OBDII equipped, you should be good to go as long as the check engine light is off.
View Quote
I agree with this.

My 98 4Runner was originally registered in Florida.  I swapped a Lexus V8 into it before registering it in AZ.  When I eventually registered it, I just ran it through the OBDII inspection lane and the guy never said a thing.  I was worried the VIN numbers would show a mismatch but I think the system only checks basic emissions functions of the ECU, CEL on/off, etc.  It doesn't pull the VIN from the ECU and compare it to what the technician enters into the system.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
If it has no CEL and it is got what looks like cats you should have no problem. A lot of folks put headers and hi flow aftermarket cats on and have the car tuned for power and so the downstream O2's are no longer reporting truly . They will do a gas cap test and the OBDII and down the road you go.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Your good. Have built a lot of Buick Grand National/Syclones/Typhoons. all modified and pass just fine with similar mods. OBDII is even easier. as long as there is no codes your good and it will have to pass a visual if its coming from another state. as long as it has all correct emissions equipment your good.Equipment can be aftermarket.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the responses. It should be here in a couple of weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top