Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2021 12:01:24 PM EDT
Taken our cars, trucks, even lawn mowers to local shops.
Every single time we have to bring them back, for another visit because they were not repaired properly.

Example: Ford Explorer driver's door lock no longer worked (electric) it has been to three shops, the first place we took it we had to bring it back five times! To this day it still will not lock. We're very tired of this.

Anyone know of a mobile repair guy who is reliable and competent for repairs  around Petersburg?

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Mobile? As in ; They come to you?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mobile? As in ; They come to you?
View Quote

@BIG-DUKE-6

Yes, our pickup lost its water pump, won't make it very far . . . a shop near us replaced a clutch last year, $700.00 and then the truck began overheating . . . turns out when they put transmission back in they did not check that all wires were out of the way. They pinched my thermostat wire between trans and engine, causing a short on dash gauge and indicate engine was over heating.

No way I'd take anything back to them!

I used to work on cars when younger at my B-I-L's shop, now I'm too gimp, where is the pride in your work now?

Yeah, sorry for rant, just need someone reliable to do the job properly, not asking for a cheapo job, just a good job.

ETA: dash gauge short correction
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top