Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2020 5:27:30 PM EDT
https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Governor-Parson-Stay-At-Home-Order-Missouri-Update-569699931.html

Does anyone remember how the reason to lock this down was to prevent the hospitals from being overwhelmed? I do not think that these 'lock down' order are constitutional at any level, but it would be much more palatable at the county level and then counties that have clusters can do it. If you put the 5 counties surrounding Springfield together, at maximum there are 26 confirmed cases in the first 16 days of April. I say maximum because Greene is the only one I saw with the days each one was reported on. Why in the world does this area of the state require another week of continued economic destruction?

Im all for keeping the virus controlled, but we do not have to sacrifice entire industries to do so.

First post .

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm seriously sick of this shit. More people are suffering financially than have this stupid fucking virus. By a VERY LARGE margin. The mayor of KC extended the order until the 15th. Parsons may be losing my vote honestly, and Mayor Lucas has done nothing but waste money since the day he stepped in office. I hope he gets recalled.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Governor-Parson-Stay-At-Home-Order-Missouri-Update-569699931.html

Does anyone remember how the reason to lock this down was to prevent the hospitals from being overwhelmed? I do not think that these 'lock down' order are constitutional at any level, but it would be much more palatable at the county level and then counties that have clusters can do it. If you put the 5 counties surrounding Springfield together, at maximum there are 26 confirmed cases in the first 16 days of April. I say maximum because Greene is the only one I saw with the days each one was reported on. Why in the world does this area of the state require another week of continued economic destruction?

Im all for keeping the virus controlled, but we do not have to sacrifice entire industries to do so.

First post .

View Quote

Welcome!  Here is your answer-

Parson wants to be elected.  He needs STL and KC to be elected.  If he opens the rest of the state before STL and KC he is afraid he won't be elected because it is not fair.  Parson ashoe.

I am road tripping to Jeff City April 21st for the protest.  Parson made it clear he does not care about the protest.  Hopefully I can make a donation to a non essential business that is not open while in Jeff City.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
They can pack sand, I'm not staying at home because of paranoia.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
While Missouri isn't as bad as some other states right now with their BS lockdowns, local and state politicians have seemed to have forgotten about a little detail called the US Constitution and the peoples' civil rights. I've been reading about different federal lawsuits against state and local governments around the country. It will be interesting to see how all the lawsuits turn out.

I am also finding it hard to believe the numbers of people that have been infected and the death toll. For example, Montgomery County health dept. is stating 4 cases while KOMU is reporting 6 yet Audrain County with a much larger population is reporting zero cases.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
It's called...'The Bill of Rights' and NO politician has any right to override them...period! We are responsible people and we are the government and we will take the necessary precautions to stay safe and keep others safe and healthy. I've written our mayor, city manager and all alderman today along with Governor Parson...and after the rape of our rights I will NOT vote for him...period!

Why not advise all businesses that have continual contact with the public require patrons to wear masks...think no shirt, no shoes, no service here. Then have an employee in mask and gloves with an infrared forehead thermometer take patrons temps BEFORE they enter the business. The thermometer is not touching anyone although it has to be within 6" of peoples foreheads to register. Of course require the 6' distance when plausible. All restaurant workers should wear masks and gloves with restaurant patrons removing their masks only to eat.

Just some ideas on business start-up.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Trump announced a phased plan to open things back up, and it can even be done county by county. I hope our governor uses it.

https://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/editorialfiles/2020/04/16/WHReopeningDoc.pdf
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While Missouri isn't as bad as some other states right now with their BS lockdowns, local and state politicians have seemed to have forgotten about a little detail called the US Constitution and the peoples' civil rights. I've been reading about different federal lawsuits against state and local governments around the country. It will be interesting to see how all the lawsuits turn out.

I am also finding it hard to believe the numbers of people that have been infected and the death toll. For example, Montgomery County health dept. is stating 4 cases while KOMU is reporting 6 yet Audrain County with a much larger population is reporting zero cases.
View Quote

Chumpmiester so far I can confirm that there are no cases reported in Audrain. I live in Mexico and have been trying to keep up on it. The most we've had is a teacher from another county works at the middle school and had it.  Possibly was in the incubation stages before school let out. That is all we have seen to my knowledge.

I have been a little surprised that all the surrounding counties have had at least 1 positive case. So I'm wondering if its possibly a lack of people going to the hospital to get tested or we are just that lucky so far.
We are finally starting to get TP back on the shelves at the area stores so hopefully I haven't jinxed us.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Boppie, seems we are neighbors, I'm in Centralia.  I haven't heard of any cases in north Boone county either.

I am wondering if any of the "numbers" are real.  Seems like there may be a percent of the population that are more carriers than actually get the virus.  With many places being told by their county and state health organizations to count any sickness and any deaths as virus related this skews the numbers very quickly too.

I am afraid also that there may be no normal any longer.  The libtards have seized this crisis with a vengeance and will not let go.  Even if (read WHEN!) Trump gets reelected this over reach and deterioration of our liberties may not allow any return to normal.  
I keep thinking about the scene in Star Wars when Senator Palpatine takes over as Supreme Chancellor and says "For the Safety and Security of the Republic" (or something like that...).   We have given up or allowed the politicians to take our liberties all in the name of safety and security and we as a society really haven't even realized it.  911 and the Patriot Act was just the beginning unfortunately.

Sorry, I will get off my soapbox.  Good time to read up on Bible prophecy while we are sequestered at home!

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am road tripping to Jeff City April 21st for the protest.  Parson made it clear he does not care about the protest.  Hopefully I can make a donation to a non essential business that is not open while in Jeff City.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@HunterRose13
I was wondering if we were going to have a Michigan style protest. I have not heard anything about one do you have a link to some info on it?

Quoted:
Trump announced a phased plan to open things back up, and it can even be done county by county. I hope our governor uses it.

https://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/editorialfiles/2020/04/16/WHReopeningDoc.pdf

I took some time to watch the new guidelines presser last night. If my understanding of the timeline is correct, the President tells all the governors the new guidelines in a big conference call about how you can do it at the county level and if you meet the declining cases gate you can immediately reopen.. and Parson turns around and announces he is going to extend the statewide lockdown for 9 days?

I read the Missouri statue on the Governor's powers (44.100) and while it is scary that he is specifically allowed to seize things like all fuel stocks, any means of transportation (except railroads), and communication systems by simply declaring an emergency, I fail to see where he has the power to place every individual in the state under what amounts to house arrest.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@HunterRose13
I was wondering if we were going to have a Michigan style protest. I have not heard anything about one do you have a link to some info on it?

I took some time to watch the new guidelines presser last night. If my understanding of the timeline is correct, the President tells all the governors the new guidelines in a big conference call about how you can do it at the county level and if you meet the declining cases gate you can immediately reopen.. and Parson turns around and announces he is going to extend the statewide lockdown for 9 days?

I read the Missouri statue on the Governor's powers (44.100) and while it is scary that he is specifically allowed to seize things like all fuel stocks, any means of transportation (except railroads), and communication systems by simply declaring an emergency, I fail to see where he has the power to place every individual in the state under what amounts to house arrest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@HunterRose13

Quoted:

Sounds like we are just down the road from each other.
I hadn't heard of any in Centralia yet either. A couple in Columbia but that was about it. I'm not sure about how our rights will get affected yet. I won't pretend to know a lot about how our systems are currently functioning on a state or national level. I do agree that normal is gone and there will be some adjusting at least for awhile.
What that new normal will be I don't know. I could see things being at least some what weird til the end of the year. Not this level but just the varying degrees of trying to get society back to a functioning "socially normal" capacity.
Too many what if's to make any real guesses or throw blame. That's being done enough on a national level for all of us.
I really do hope that people took notice of how Washington reacted to this and decide to clean house and maybe impose some term limits.
There's my soapbox. :)
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Chumpmiester so far I can confirm that there are no cases reported in Audrain. I live in Mexico and have been trying to keep up on it. The most we've had is a teacher from another county works at the middle school and had it.  Possibly was in the incubation stages before school let out. That is all we have seen to my knowledge.

I have been a little surprised that all the surrounding counties have had at least 1 positive case. So I'm wondering if its possibly a lack of people going to the hospital to get tested or we are just that lucky so far.
We are finally starting to get TP back on the shelves at the area stores so hopefully I haven't jinxed us.
View Quote
Yes the teacher at the Mexico Middle School is from Calloway from what I read. I'm thinking the same as you that people aren't getting tested even though the hospital is doing tests. Most of the cases in Calloway were from college students going to spring break. Like I said, Montgomery has 4-6 cases, depending on where you get your info from.

I do most of my shopping in Mexico. As of Tuesday, Walmart still didn't have any TP. Moser's had some but not much. I would rather drive the 22 miles to Mexico than drive 7 miles to Monkey City, everything is cheaper in Mexico. What kills me is that even the flour is still out at Walmart. I know that many people aren't baking around here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#12]
@Flak-Magnet
Details for Reopen Missouri, Tuesday April 21st Jeff City Noon-1PM, pretty loose organization beyond that.  There is a Facebook group if you are on there.

Parson had to get out in front of Trump's announcement to squash any hope or excitement that counties which are virtually un impacted by this may have an opportunity to try and salvage something of their economy.  The state would appear hand cuffed by Parson to KC and STL.  KC extended to May 15, STL has no set end.  I have not real hope that May 3rd will change anything and I fully expect an extension until at least mid May at least and June 1 would not surprise me.  Frankly short of civil discordance I do not believe we will even see any change until after Memorial Day.

So here we sit, watching businesses and livelihoods wither.  I have never done anything political in my life and I am driving to Jeff City Tuesday.  It won't change anything, but at least I can tell my kids I tried.  I guess I don't understand the point of surviving to simply be alive and only allowed to go out and gather supplies, work if fortunate to still be employed, and then scurry back to I homes.

Sorry for the rant guys.  I know I should save it for GD, but I am just heartsick over what I am seeing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes the teacher at the Mexico Middle School is from Calloway from what I read. I'm thinking the same as you that people aren't getting tested even though the hospital is doing tests. Most of the cases in Calloway were from college students going to spring break. Like I said, Montgomery has 4-6 cases, depending on where you get your info from.

I do most of my shopping in Mexico. As of Tuesday, Walmart still didn't have any TP. Moser's had some but not much. I would rather drive the 22 miles to Mexico than drive 7 miles to Monkey City, everything is cheaper in Mexico. What kills me is that even the flour is still out at Walmart. I know that many people aren't baking around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chumpmiester its hit or miss in Mexico right now for TP and flour. As crazy as it sounds. I bake so I always have some on hand. If you need some flour I  can hook you up. TP i've had better luck getting at moser's. They seem to always have at least the industrial roll on the shelf for 4 bucks. I was in there Tuesday and they had several packs of TP though.

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, that's exactly what I see. I am still hopeful that our governor will reverse his decision. (Not holding my breath, but hopeful). Maybe Trumps team will see which governors aren't following the program, and put some pressure on them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Chumpmiester its hit or miss in Mexico right now for TP and flour. As crazy as it sounds. I bake so I always have some on hand. If you need some flour I  can hook you up. TP i've had better luck getting at moser's. They seem to always have at least the industrial roll on the shelf for 4 bucks. I was in there Tuesday and they had several packs of TP though.

View Quote
I greatly appreciate that. I'm okay on flour and TP.  Yes Moser's had TP on Tuesday, I picked up a 6 pack of Charmin Ultra

Now if only Graf's could get some primers in stock! LOL!  I'm down to 400 SP primers and 600 SR primers. I loaded the last of my LP primers but now have a 30 cal ammo can completely full of 45ACP
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's called...'The Bill of Rights' and NO politician has any right to override them...period! We are responsible people and we are the government and we will take the necessary precautions to stay safe and keep others safe and healthy. I've written our mayor, city manager and all alderman today along with Governor Parson...who by the way is NOT running for re-election. At least that's what he said a couple months ago when I heard him speak at our Republican "Meet and Greet".  Of course that could have changed now and after this rape of our rights I will NOT vote for him...period!

Why not advise all businesses that have continual contact with the public require patrons to wear masks...think no shirt, no shoes, no service here. Then have an employee in mask and gloves with an infrared forehead thermometer take patrons temps BEFORE they enter the business. The thermometer is not touching anyone although it has to be within 6" of peoples foreheads to register. Of course require the 6' distance when plausible. All restaurant workers should wear masks and gloves with restaurant patrons removing their masks only to eat.

Just some ideas on business start-up.

View Quote

Cooks at restaurants are already required to wear gloves. Most of us wash our hands enough to be more effective than wearing gloves. I wash my hands every time I bring dirty dishes back to  the kitchen. My hands are chapped basically year around.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#17]
It is dumb, but we have it SUPER easy compared to a lot of the country. So..... I am inclined to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I made a road trip to Bass Pro today, they have roped off the whole store except guns and ammo. They even have tape across the slings, targets, etc etc in the gun accessories isles so you can't buy them.

I was there for some cheap 6.5 Creedmoor to sight in my new rifle/scope. The lady at the front screening people in asked me if I was there for guns or ammo...... "Ma'am, I am here for ALL of your guns and ammo."
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cooks at restaurants are already required to wear gloves. Most of us wash our hands enough to be more effective than wearing gloves. I wash my hands every time I bring dirty dishes back to  the kitchen. My hands are chapped basically year around.
View Quote

My wife being an OR nurse corrected me on that particular thought. She said while they had to wear gloves in surgery, their hands were thoroughly washed before and after wearing gloves. And when they had to put on a new set of gloves they repeated the same process...ALWAYS. So she thought it better that the servers NOT wear gloves but keep consistent with washing their hands.

Thank you for pointing that out...and I hope we all get back to our regular jobs soon!

And thank you for the job you do too!
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My wife being an OR nurse corrected me on that particular thought. She said while they had to wear gloves in surgery, their hands were thoroughly washed before and after wearing gloves. And when they had to put on a new set of gloves they repeated the same process...ALWAYS. So she thought it better that the servers to NOT wear gloves but keep consistent with washing their hands.

Thank you for pointing that out...and I hope we all get back to our regular jobs soon!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife being an OR nurse corrected me on that particular thought. She said while they had to wear gloves in surgery, their hands were thoroughly washed before and after wearing gloves. And when they had to put on a new set of gloves they repeated the same process...ALWAYS. So she thought it better that the servers to NOT wear gloves but keep consistent with washing their hands.

It's been a month and I'm dying to go back to work. I've always had a thing about touching other peoples food and plates after they've eaten. God knows what they have. That is my germaphobia lol.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Well spoke too soon. As of yesterday Audrain Co has its first confirmed case.
No other details. Interesting that its been this long.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well spoke too soon. As of yesterday Audrain Co has its first confirmed case.
No other details. Interesting that its been this long.
View Quote

I saw that too. I'm wondering if they just aren't testing like other counties or what. Especially how busy 54 is and people stopping for gas and what not.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I saw that too. I'm wondering if they just aren't testing like other counties or what. Especially how busy 54 is and people stopping for gas and what not.
View Quote

I'm of the same opinion. I think none of the docs around have found cause to order a test.

Personally I would like to know if it was mexico, farber, vandalia ect?

Not so much to be nosy but just to have an idea of the spread of it in the county. I mean pretty much every small town will come to mexico to shop so it is likely that it was from mexico.

I am curious to see how it goes with the summer though. I saw where alabama is already looking to open up. We were supposed to hit gulf shores over the holiday for a wedding.

That's been postponed but I'm not sure we'll get our money back for the rental because of it though.

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Even people from Montgomery County go to Mexico for their shopping. The first case in Montgomery was in Wellsville. I don't know if it was someone that traveled or working in Columbia.

Even though I'm not effected too much being retired, I am ready for all this to be over.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Here's a list of everybody that filed the tattle tale reports in STL County.  Looks like half of them are against Hobby Lobby and and car washes.

Read through the stupidity.......

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/st-louis-county-releases-snitch-files-local-citizens-called-county-government-snitch-business-owners/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpeugjvtixpy888/RequestedEmails%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Here's a list of everybody that filed the tattle tale reports in STL County.  Looks like half of them are against Hobby Lobby and and car washes.

Read through the stupidity.......

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/st-louis-county-releases-snitch-files-local-citizens-called-county-government-snitch-business-owners/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpeugjvtixpy888/RequestedEmails%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0
View Quote

Wow...
Guess some people up in those areas just get really bored. I wonder if there has been an uptick in binocular sales also. Just so they can see that extra block away.

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Whole lot of people self-reporting that they aren’t essential. I hope their employers take note and let the employee know just how non-essential they really are.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Those folks "snitching" on others is why red flag laws ought to scare the crap out of everyone.

You guys ever find any primers?  I could spot you a few if you need them, depending on what you need.  Just give a shout
I started to buy a couple cases at Grafs a month ago, had them in my hand then decided against it. Wishin I would have done it now. Went back a couple days later and they were GONE!

Anyone going to the drive by protest at the Capital today?  I'm stuck at work in CoMo.  Wouldn't mind going but I've got things to get done before I can leave today...
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Bogg's Creek just got some primers and powder in.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Have not heard or read about any hospital in MO being overwhelmed.

Abundant medical resources are available with no shortages of ICU/vent equipment.

BJC reports a 1368 bed capacity. It has less than 70 Covid-19 patients. It is virtually empty after discharging patients and cancelling all elective surgeries..

Washington University affiliate is going furlough 1300 professional staff.

The medical economy of MO has been devastated by uninformed, confused, uneducated political policy decision makers in our state.

This weirdness needs to end immediately.

What's the rationale behind 5/3? Why the delay?
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't think some counties are waiting. I saw this morning that Franklin County is opening up this weekend. I think I heard that Cole County is going to be opening up ahead of the 5/3 date as well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:44:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Heard the same thing Boppie.  Also heard that Trump and others were cautioning about opening too quickly.
I wish Trump would get rid of his CDC advisors, Birx and Fauci.  Don't they both have ties to the Dems and the Clintons?

I can't say that I have seen anything that warranted destroying our economy the way they did.  Even if the Govt. allowed everyone to open their stores not everyone is going to get out right away.  For the most part I don't think people are as dumb as they look or act and we can look out for our own safety without the Govt's help, just my 2 cents.

Oh, and where is Bogg's Creek? Jeff City?  I've heard the name but never been there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:01:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Heard the same thing Boppie.  Also heard that Trump and others were cautioning about opening too quickly.
I wish Trump would get rid of his CDC advisors, Birx and Fauci.  Don't they both have ties to the Dems and the Clintons?

I can't say that I have seen anything that warranted destroying our economy the way they did.  Even if the Govt. allowed everyone to open their stores not everyone is going to get out right away.  For the most part I don't think people are as dumb as they look or act and we can look out for our own safety without the Govt's help, just my 2 cents.

Oh, and where is Bogg's Creek? Jeff City?  I've heard the name but never been there.
View Quote

I'm not sure about your assessment of the intelligence level of the general population, but I agree that the .gov needs to back off and let business owners conduct business as they see fit.

Bogg's Creek is a gun shop with a pretty decent reloading selection on the east end of Jefferson City.  Experiences vary, but they have always treated me well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, Jeff City. Came under new management last year.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't realize that it was under new management.  Who is the new owner?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the info.  I like to support local folks.  

I guess I see your point on the intelligence level of people!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:19:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kern sold the business to his grand son, then retired. I think his name is Jake, and he's been somewhere else in Missouri managing a gun shop for several years.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#37]
2nd Small Business stimulus got passed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Mayor Lucas introduced his plan today. He calls it the 10/10/10 plan. One of the tens is that if you stay at a place longer than 10 minutes you have to give them your name and number so you can be tracked down. Yeah that's not happening fuck nuts.

ETA: Link
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By bigbryce31186:
Mayor Lucas introduced his plan today. He calls it the 10/10/10 plan. One of the tens is that if you stay at a place longer than 10 minutes you have to give them your name and number so you can be tracked down. Yeah that's not happening fuck nuts. 

ETA: Link
View All Quotes
Mayor Lucas introduced his plan today. He calls it the 10/10/10 plan. One of the tens is that if you stay at a place longer than 10 minutes you have to give them your name and number so you can be tracked down. Yeah that's not happening fuck nuts. 

Wow. Yeah, that is not going to happen. Privacy? Everyone write your contact info here using this pen! Or everyone verbally tell a clerk who can enter it digitally somewhere. Im sure with less than a week's notice businesses will come up with a secure way to record this information and then transmit it to the city (who is equally on the case as far a privacy and security of data).

From this article
Kansas City's "10/10/10 Rule" is expected to be enforced by the health department. Violations of this order "constitute an imminent threat," and "create an immediate menace to public health." Businesses in violation may be subject to a fine, or may be ordered to suspend business.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#40]
(ky3 article) Meanwhile in Springfield the "leaders" announced phase 1 of gradual reopening.
Actual order PDF

Will be re-evaluated in 21 days.

• "Non-Essential" retail may open but.. limited on occupancy (25-10%)..

• Restaurants may open but.. limited on occupancy..

• "Public Gatherings" increased from 10 to 15 people except.. religious gatherings.

• Entertainment, movies, concerts, live performances, dancing, pool, museums, sports, fitness, playgrounds, bars, conferences, nightclubs and brewery taprooms are all ordered to stay closed..

• Religious gatherings are now "permitted" to hold drive-in services.. (I dont believe they were prohibited before?) but only if the vehicles alternate every other spot, and no one gets out of their vehicles and staff cant get within 6 feet of each other.

And the carve out..
This Order shall not apply to government agencies
View Quote

The thing that stands out to me in this is that you can park your cars anywhere you want in any numbers unless it is for religious purposes and in that case "special" rules apply to you as far as distancing. Wasn't there a court ruling about the drive-in services in Mississippi(?) that said it was unconstitutional to place special rules on religious services?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#41]
How about this one... #3....

https://house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills171/hlrbillspdf/0794H.01I.pdf

So they want us to break the law by wearing masks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Brassaholic13:
How about this one... #3....

https://house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills171/hlrbillspdf/0794H.01I.pdf

So they want us to break the law by wearing masks.
View Quote

It looks like you are talking about the requirement to wear masks for personal care services and their customers? I did a double take because I didn't see any mask requirement first pass.

I had wondered the other day if places that were mandating masks were violating the anti-mask laws already on the books. I guess I have the answer to that now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#43]
In IL it's already illegal to carry a gun if you're covering your face.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#44]
That MO bill was proposed back in 2016 / 2017 and didn't pass.  There is no Section 574.055 in the Revised Statutes.

I'm glad I don't live in Kansas City.  I was expecting Springfield and Greene County to be more strict- I'm glad they are not.  It is concerning they single out religious purposes for restriction when not requiring the same from others.

HB 179
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Flak-Magnet:

Wow. Yeah, that is not going to happen. Privacy? Everyone write your contact info here using this pen! Or everyone verbally tell a clerk who can enter it digitally somewhere. Im sure with less than a week's notice businesses will come up with a secure way to record this information and then transmit it to the city (who is equally on the case as far a privacy and security of data).

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Flak-Magnet:

Wow. Yeah, that is not going to happen. Privacy? Everyone write your contact info here using this pen! Or everyone verbally tell a clerk who can enter it digitally somewhere. Im sure with less than a week's notice businesses will come up with a secure way to record this information and then transmit it to the city (who is equally on the case as far a privacy and security of data).

From this article
Kansas City's "10/10/10 Rule" is expected to be enforced by the health department. Violations of this order "constitute an imminent threat," and "create an immediate menace to public health." Businesses in violation may be subject to a fine, or may be ordered to suspend business. 

That's how it starts. A small
erosion of freedoms because of security. I will not fucking comply.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
It is dumb, but we have it SUPER easy compared to a lot of the country. So..... I am inclined to sit back and enjoy the ride. 

I made a road trip to Bass Pro today, they have roped off the whole store except guns and ammo. They even have tape across the slings, targets, etc etc in the gun accessories isles so you can't buy them.

I was there for some cheap 6.5 Creedmoor to sight in my new rifle/scope. The lady at the front screening people in asked me if I was there for guns or ammo...... "Ma'am, I am here for ALL of your guns and ammo." 
View Quote

I stopped in the Springfield Bass Pro yesterday, had to enter in the rear of the store on the gun side. Guns, Bows, and accessories were all for sale. Gun prices were insane. I always wonder who buys a handgun from Bass Pro at MSRP?

Stopped by Cherokee Firearms - they were doing curbside sales only. No customers are allowed in the shop until Monday. I turned around and left. Idiots.

Every other pawn and gun shop in town was wide open for business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top