Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2018 12:44:41 PM EDT
https://lawcenter.giffords.org/scorecard/#MO

We got an F and we are all crossed out with lines. Ranked 48 out of 50. The question is, how do we make Missouri great again and hit 50?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
F  them,  I'm fairly happy with Gun laws here in Mo.
Now federal laws, I have a few issues with.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dunno about them, but I'm fairly happy with Gun laws here in Mo.
View Quote
I think you missed his point.  It's a Gifford's website.  He said we're not failing enough with them, which means we're succeeding.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think you missed his point.  It's a Gifford's website.  He said we're not failing enough with them, which means we're succeeding.
View Quote
I get it...  My reply was just not well worded as to convey my thoughts...  :) Adjusted it a bit.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Another win for MO
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a good place to me, perhaps I'll move there if Michigan starts passing any gun control legislation.

We just elected a gun control supporter to Attorney General and Governor's positions. Fortunately Repubulicans still control the house and senate. I don't see anything getting past them.

I won't move as long as my father is still alive, he needs help nowadays. Afterwards I have options.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
F  them,  I'm fairly happy with Gun laws here in Mo.
Now federal laws, I have a few issues with.
View Quote
We're a good state (obviously), but we still have a ways to go.

Legalizing DDs would be a huge step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You CAN own both M203’s and M79’s in Missouri. I know this for a fact as I have fired (legally) personally owned ones.
View Quote
Wait.  I thought anything capable of firing an explosive was a no go.

A Carl Gustav Recoilless Rifle is my grail gun.  As far as I know, its a no go in the state of Missouri - am I wrong?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn if we all pull together maybe we can come in 50th place.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#11]
woohoo!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Still not tired of winning!
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Damn if we all pull together maybe we can come in 50th place.
View Quote
Not to be an alarmist, but, it would help my sleeping at night if we could head off the 'extreme risk' confiscation laws being enacted around the nation so to not let them become law in MO.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Good
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes...we must do better....do they go to Z? We have work to do
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Your neighbor to the west of you here.

Was just looking at your link. Did you all notice, that 48/50 is the 'worst' ranking given, and that both Missouri and Kansas are the only two states ranked that 'bad'?

I scrolled down to the 50 state ranked chart. Illinois gets a B+. And they claim it's safer than Kansas. Yet Chicago annually has highest murder rate. Exactly how are they spinning their numbers??
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sounds like a good place to me, perhaps I'll move there if Michigan starts passing any gun control legislation.

We just elected a gun control supporter to Attorney General and Governor's positions. Fortunately Repubulicans still control the house and senate. I don't see anything getting past them.

I won't move as long as my father is still alive, he needs help nowadays. Afterwards I have options.
View Quote
As if the RINO party and Snyder really did gun owners any favors when they owned the entire legislature. They know the fudds will vote for them no matter what, in every election. And they didn't want to upset Dear Leader. Maybe now we'll actually have checks and balances, and MAYBE Meekhoff and the senate will stop killing stuff in committee. Maybe even override some vetoes.

I need to sell my house and GTFO.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Your neighbor to the west of you here.
Was just looking at your link. Did you all notice, that 48/50 is the 'worst' ranking given, and that both Missouri and Kansas are the only two states ranked that 'bad'?
I scrolled down to the 50 state ranked chart. Illinois gets a B+. And they claim it's safer than Kansas. Yet Chicago annually has highest murder rate. Exactly how are they spinning their numbers??
View Quote
That's the whole point of the thread; an anti-gun group labeled us as bad, because our laws aren't restrictive enough for them. Their idea of *safe* is that there are lots of restrictions on guns.

@CRracer_712
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep, I get the gist. Was just pointing out 48/50 as being the worst. I'm curious why not a solid 50?

@67firebird
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Fortunately Missouri is a proactive State. Or should I say most of the legislators outside of the greater cities have
been able to adhere to the Federal Constitution.

While I am not one to have more laws then needed, or having a law that already covers the condition as it exists, sometimes promulgating a preemptive bill to stop any unnecessary actions is a wise choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top