[#1]
I have a feeling KC and STL might experience some problems - In Da Streets
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That wouldn't surprise me a bit, and maybe the college kids in Columbia too.
View Quote

That would not surprise me at all. I'm glad that I don't have any doctor appointments there for about 4 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a feeling KC and STL might experience some problems - In Da Streets
View Quote

Possibly.  Strangely some people have a problem when rights are taken away.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:11:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Abortion is NOT a “right”. Show me a provision in the Constitution allowing it!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Abortion is NOT a “right”. Show me a provision in the Constitution allowing it!!!

What once was legal now isn't. That is a right that was taken away, even if it doesn't fit every definition of the term.

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What once was legal now isn't. That is a right that was taken away, even if it doesn't fit every definition of the term.

View Quote

It used to be legal to own slaves as well.  By that interpretation, was it my right as an American to own slaves?  Yes or no?  We can play word games all day.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#8]
To define access to abortion as a 'right' is absolutely foolish. Nowhere in the Constitution does it enumerate this so it is covered by the 10th Amendment where it should be handled.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]Quoted:[/b

View Quote

Sorry, but abortion laws are not so-called "rights" and was determined by the highest court of the land and voted on by a majority number of Supreme Justices of the time when R vs W came before them, and has once again changed by a majority number of judges of this time to be the "NEW LAW".

All the Supreme Court said in its majority vote and overturned RvW, was that it was not for them to make a ruling of law upon, as it isn't listed as a Constitutional Right, and that the ruling was to be returned to the State's to decide if abortion is legal to have there.

Abortion is a medical or personal need/want (for whatever reason) and falls under State Laws is what the Supreme Court is saying. It doesn't prevent a person from traveling to another State to have safely done.

But at what costs? Does insurance cover it or pocket cash is what I think this is all about.

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It used to be legal to own slaves as well.  By that interpretation, was it my right as an American to own slaves?  Yes or no?  We can play word games all day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When pistol braces get banned and the gun community screams out about rights being taken away be sure to tell them they are wrong.

I hope you authoritarian conservatives enjoy this short term gain/long term loss.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Abortion has been essentially banned in Missouri for several years now. There was only one clinic in St. Louis performing abortions and they didn’t do many surgical abortions. I imagine the KC area women won’t notice any difference (unless Kansas gets on board). Illinois is still open for business.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Love this June
Constitution upheld one day corrected the next.
The modern holocaust has been slowed and eventually will be stopped for good.
If you don't want a baby don't get pregnant.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#15]
As far as the abortion ruling. It did not actually ban abortions if you take the time to read the entire ruling. What the ruling did was take it out of the federal government hands and give that choice back to the states to decide. And this falls within the 10th and 14th amendment.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When pistol braces get banned and the gun community screams out about rights being taken away be sure to tell them they are wrong.

I hope you authoritarian conservatives enjoy this short term gain/long term loss.
View Quote

Lame argument.....don't remember anybody saying owning a pistol brace or slidefire was a "right".  Just that it's was a non-firearm that conformed under the GCA, NFA, and banning it wouldn't prevent anything.  They were questionable when they came out anyway.  You can still own SBRs and automatics, so no "rights" were lost.....only a technicality that let people skirt the NFA for a while.  Yeah still BS, but

Just because something isn't illegal currently doesn't mean it's a "right".  Rights are in the constitution and they specifically spell out the "right to bear arms" and the rights of states to make their own laws.  So if you're so butthurt about this, sell us your guns, move to California, and give up other rights.....can't have it both ways.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lame argument.....don't remember anybody saying owning a pistol brace or slidefire was a "right".  Just that it's was a non-firearm that conformed under the GCA, NFA, and banning it wouldn't prevent anything.  They were questionable when they came out anyway.  You can still own SBRs and automatics, so no "rights" were lost.....only a technicality that let people skirt the NFA for a while.  Yeah still BS, but

Just because something isn't illegal currently doesn't mean it's a "right".  Rights are in the constitution and they specifically spell out the "right to bear arms" and the rights of states to make their own laws.  So if you're so butthurt about this, sell us your guns, move to California, and give up other rights.....can't have it both ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#19]
It was predictably fun watching the Sunday morning news shows spin the narrative.  The sales pitch is obviously that this decision pushed every middle of the road soccer mom further left and will end up a big W for the D's.  I think there are more pro life soccer moms than what the media wants you to believe there are.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's the Federal one. Missouri has some kind of trigger law, and made them illegal because they were no longer preempted federally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As far as the abortion ruling. It did not actually ban abortions if you take the time to read the entire ruling. What the ruling did was take it out of the federal government hands and give that choice back to the states to decide. And this falls within the 10th and 14th amendment.

That's the Federal one. Missouri has some kind of trigger law, and made them illegal because they were no longer preempted federally.

Yes I am well aware of that fact. The state "trigger" law went into effect about an hour after the SC decision was made public.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I found it mildly amusing the other day when one granny-age protestor was holding a sign saying "Honk for my rights - Roe" on one side and "Give me my rights back" on the other side.

She got maybe 4 people to honk out of the hundred or so cars driving by, then my teenager says "why is she worried about her right to abortion when she's so old?"
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lol
View Quote

Like Kamala Harris......when pressed and you don't have an answer, just laugh hysterically!!  That'll prove your point!

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gca & nfa are both illegal "laws" that need to be struck down.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#25]
The only thing I really get out of this is the pleasure of watching the leftist abortionists melt down.  What is possibly most bothersome is how many of the pro choice people dance around the issue and call this "women's health".  But that's a common theme of the left, inventing an entirely new language to confuse the real issues.  I really like Liz Warren and AOC calling for impeachment of the 5 justices that disagree with them.  There's also a deepening hatred for white trash, rural, deplorable, gun toting rednecks out here in the sticks that can outnumber the KC, Columbia, STL leftists and thwart their agenda.  They don't mind eating our food though.

What I've wondered is what's Missouri's approach going to be?  Do nothing?  Convene a special session?  Wait until January when the regular session goes back?

Edit:  Another point.  Sitting here watching 41 news this morning and there's a story they're running that's unbelievable.  It's about an adoption agency and they're essentially saying how much harder this ruling is going to make their jobs.  Especially because a majority of the babies are of african decent and they want to match them with african parents since they better understand their culture.  Problem is there's not many of those that meet their qualifications to adopt.  

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/adoption-experts-working-to-navigate-impact-from-roe-v-wade-decision
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If being opposed to murder makes me an "authoritarian conservative" I'll gladly take the title.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:14:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To define access to abortion as a 'right' is absolutely foolish. Nowhere in the Constitution does it enumerate this so it is covered by the 10th Amendment where it should be handled.
View Quote

So you are saying that the only "rights" we have are those that are specifically called out in the Constitution.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:03:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:09:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've heard through the grape vine of ARFCOM that certain federal government agencies are getting ready to get their dicks slapped hard.  Over making their own interpretations of laws according to their own opinions rather than consulting Congress first.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Like Kamala Harris......when pressed and you don't have an answer, just laugh hysterically!!  That'll prove your point!

https://nworeport.files.wordpress.com/2021/04/image-1120.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

https://nworeport.files.wordpress.com/2021/04/image-1120.png

You are ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So you are saying that the only "rights" we have are those that are specifically called out in the Constitution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not what he said. He specifically mentioned the 10th.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 10th covers "powers", wouldn't the 9th be more applicable?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Pro-Abortion folks had 50 years to codify abortion into law.

There is a very specific reason why they did not, they always wanted it on the potential chopping block in order to have a talking point for elections.

Leftists would rather have the power to control your vote, than to use their power to give you rights.

Endlessly grasping for the feds to save you from the problems they create.

The constitutional aspects of Roe were shit to begin with and the fact that it took so long to correct it really says something.

The Republic must be preserved, State's rights and limiting of Federal powers must be of the absolute highest priority, regardless of emotions, if this nation is to survive for our children.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Abortion has been essentially banned in Missouri for several years now. There was only one clinic in St. Louis performing abortions and they didn’t do many surgical abortions. I imagine the KC area women won’t notice any difference (unless Kansas gets on board). Illinois is still open for business.
View Quote

There is a "clinic" in Overland Park KS, just a minute or two across the state line.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There is a "clinic" in Overland Park KS, just a minute or two across the state line.
View Quote

Looks like 1 in KC,MO as well?
https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/kansas-city-planned-parenthood-to-resume-abortion-services
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Last updated Sept. 10, 2017
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think the only Mo clinic now is in St. Louis.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, they brought it back in 2017.  I haven't seen anything saying it has closed since then.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah, they brought it back in 2017.  I haven't seen anything saying it has closed since then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is still there as the Patty Brous Health Center (Incorporated Under Planned Parenthood Great Plains).

I attempted to book an apointment online and abortion was not an option.

I went to the Overland Park website and abortion was an option on their online appointment scheduler.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top