Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2021 3:05:38 PM EDT
Miramar National Armory Gun Show any good?

thinking about getting a table there next show March 20/21

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I would have responded earlier, but I haven't had time for Hometown, lately.

By now, you either fent or not, so it might be late.

For future reference, I live about half an hour away, and will go 50% of the time, but only if I have things to do in North Miami Beach or I am really bored.

The show is small and "antiseptic." The floor space is about the size of 1.5 basketball courts. By "antiseptic," I mean that 50-60% of the floor space will be taken by 2-3 mid-sized new gun dealers, 1-2 small new ammo dealers, 1 safe dealer, 1 rifle case dealer.

There will be a couple of people selling the unique/rare/old stuff I go to gun shows to see, but the rest is stuff you can find in a gun store.

I sometimes go, walk past all the tables twice, and I am out of there in an 60-75 minutes without buying anything.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would have responded earlier, but I haven't had time for Hometown, lately.

By now, you either fent or not, so it might be late.

For future reference, I live about half an hour away, and will go 50% of the time, but only if I have things to do in North Miami Beach or I am really bored.

The show is small and "antiseptic." The floor space is about the size of 1.5 basketball courts. By "antiseptic," I mean that 50-60% of the floor space will be taken by 2-3 mid-sized new gun dealers, 1-2 small new ammo dealers, 1 safe dealer, 1 rifle case dealer.

There will be a couple of people selling the unique/rare/old stuff I go to gun shows to see, but the rest is stuff you can find in a gun store.

I sometimes go, walk past all the tables twice, and I am out of there in an 60-75 minutes without buying anything.
View Quote

Cool, I didn't go yet, the next show it will be March 20th. how about the Miami gun show by the airport, any good?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Cool, I didn't go yet, the next show it will be March 20th. how about the Miami gun show by the airport, any good?
View Quote

The Miami show, was originally at the fairgrounds, went to the convention center by the airport, but returned to the fairgrounds.

Much bigger show than Miramar, I would say 3-4 times the numbers of tables.

I think there has been some shrinkage in the number of tables and customers, probably due to COVID.  I know some sellers used to drive down from as far as North Carolina to participate in the shows down here.  

The last few shows have been dominated by ammunition sales.

When I went to the last two at the convention center, it took a good 20-30 minutes in line to get in because of all the "social distancing."

Last week's show was pretty good. I got there a little later, there was no line to get in.  Kept me occupied for a couple of hours.

However, there is a lot of inflation in entry prices the last couple of years. Prices to get in are in $12-14 dollar range now, and the Fairgrounds shows will require your customers to pay $5 for parking.  Not sure if they were charging for parking last weekend, as I went to a strip mall, bought something at a store, ate it, put the bag on the front seat, and then walked about 15  minutes to get into the fairgrounds complex and to the show.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]

The last few shows have been dominated by ammunition sales. If you are selling ammunition, it will move. People are now used to paying a dollar a round without complaint.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I was referring to this show:

Miami Gun & Knife Show
Feb 27th - 28th, 2021

I remember this one being inside of a hotel, the other one at the fairgrounds was bigger
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was referring to this show:

Miami Gun & Knife Show
Feb 27th - 28th, 2021

I remember this one being inside of a hotel, the other one at the fairgrounds was bigger
View Quote

I was mistaken.  The fairgrounds and convention center shows are run by different companies.  

What I wrote about the convention center show still stands.  Smaller than the fairgrounds show, although they have room for more tables. Last two were dominated by ammo sellers, mid-sized, as well as some people cleaning out their garage to take advantage of the current shortage.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]
went to Miami Gun Show today, very small maybe 100 tables, all dealers nobody selling parts, ammo @$2.00 a round fir 9mm and 40...

wasted $12bucks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top