Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2021 2:02:12 PM EDT
I am wanting to get my son one of the above.

Anywhere in the KC or Columbia area that I can check out offerings in person?

--------
Update.

After he had a blast last weekend, driving his grandpa's golf cart, we decided to go with a go cart.

Called around to many places. All either out of stock, or what they had was out of my price range.

Checking marketplace every once in a while, a couple here and there would pop up, at fairly high prices for the offering, it seemed.

Happened to catch an ad right after work and snagged it. Owner bought it last November, but kid decided they wanted a 4 wheeler instead, hardly looks used. Nothing super fancy, but scored it for half the price of a new one.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/18/2021 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
you should share how old son is , and price range

my 7yr old Grandson has a 80cc 4 wheeler automatic
clutch and you can adjust the throttle to how much gas you
want it to have .
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
10 years old. No prior experience on powered equipment, so I'm wanting something for a novice.

Budget? I don't want to get too crazy, he may or may not take to it. Some of the stuff I was looking at online was in the $500 - 700 range.

Throttle or power limit capability would be a plus.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
In Harrisonville at the Family Center(farm/home type country store for the family) has minibikes that use the large type street knobbie balloon tires for off-roading type rides. Think "Bigfoot" minibike. They use B&S 5 or 6hp motors. Perfect for a young'un to learn on and have all day fun. Hell, I'd even give them a try. They're selling for around $600.

I've sat on one and they seem to be built quite stout.

I would NOT get any of the chinese atv's. They're crap.

Japanese made Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki or Kawasake 80 to 100cc atv's(quads, not the 3-wheelers) however are very good, but limit that throttle or they'll get one hurt in a hurry.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
My vote is for a mini bike, then start saving for a couple of dirt bikes
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. If he likes it, he'll be wanting to level up quickly. Lol
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 2:12:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a 4 wheeler guy. I would get him that or a small dirt bike. At that age he will quickly out grow a go cart or mini bike.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 4:28:34 AM EDT
[#7]
this is the projects that i have for my Grandson he is  10 also one
was was given to me for free it set in a garage for 2 yrs as the
wire harness was toast , the kid grew up ,left home and they wanted it out of the garage but its built 330 kit etc  ... i rewired and had it running in 2 days , the other i picked up to have so he could have a buddy ride with him or his Mom etc... they are both Honda'a 300 ex and a good learning 4 wheeler .
my grandson helps me work on them and keeps them clean . he has put down a build sheet for each one on how he wants to add on to them with my help , but he works and helps me cut wood and work on things around here , he been welding for 6 months now so he's learning how to bust those knuckles .i built a flat track  for them so they can go out back and not tear up my yard and throwing rock up from the driveway . could be a good Father & Son project for you to.

TS2

Link Posted: 6/21/2021 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll need one too so you can chase after him, it's fun times.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Update in OP.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like a fun little cart.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#12]
He'll love it!
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He'll love it!
View Quote

He's gonna crap himself when we surprise him for his birthday.

He'll probably outgrow it in a couple years, but by then, his little brother will be chomping at the bit to drive it.

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#14]
That’s awesome I see many hours of fun on that thing for the young man
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top