Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2022 11:16:14 AM EDT

As I was pulling into the truck stop for fuel I see a nice new charger with a huge tumble weed stuck in the grille.
 I'm pumping my fuel next door and think I'll tell the guy about when gets off the phone and gets out.

He does and i tell the guy . Hey buddy you have a huge tumbleweed in your grille.  
     He goes and looks. Gets his phone and gets a nice picture.  Removes it , walks back thanks me and says, well I guess it's nice to think of others.
   Weird it was.  

I pull out on up to the parking out of the way so I can go in for a bit.

Parked next to me a guy driving a 4runner locked out and using a piece of 550 cord to loop the door lock. With a slip not noose in the middle of the length.  Pulling from each end he tightened the loop on it , damn near had.

I went in asked about a coat hanger, nothing.  

I get my stuff go out and dudes still at it.  

His keys are one the seat.  He has the door wedged open pretty good.  

I tell him I'm going over to the dirt lot across the street looking for a piece of wire.
    Sure enough, I find some.  Bring it back .

He uses it goes back to the rope and then his wife tells him to work on the passenger rear.  
  So I try the wire and in a couple minutes I hook the keys and out the come.  

What's next ?  

So I'm leaving Fernley headed east pass a Mercedes getting back on the highway .  

After a few miles they catch up and go to pass .

As they do I see a set of keys in the trunk lock.

So before they are gone I hold some keys in my hand. Dangled by my rear view mirror they could see them .
    When I stuck my hand out the window is when they started noticing.  

Ok so they noticed and saw.  I tried to pull ahead next to them when I saw they knew I was communicating something, keys.

But they kept speeding up . And i wasn't chasing them.
  Well it was windy big time .
 So I'm going under the speed and they slow down after 30 miles or so I get a chance to pull along side them and hold a set of keys in my hand an thumb to the rear.  
     Well after that they got behind me so i put my blinker on and so did they.

I thought ok. I guess I'll just tell them their keys are in the trunk.

We get out and meet up. And he asks for his keys.
   I told him where his keys were. Well the pretty lady passengers keys.

They were happy and dude trying to give me a 10.
 The lady grabbed it and stuffed it in my pocket.  
 She was extremely happy and grateful, they both were.  

Weird day and I didn't myob.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top