Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2018 12:31:41 PM EDT
Since I can’t go shoot in the desert and I’ve got all of my stuff I’m itching to use, are any of you guys into airsoft?  Are there many places to do it around here?

I’ve neen watching YouTube and these guys get into it. Full blown gear, night vision, et cetera. Sorta looks like fun.

All I need is a gun. And I guess, if needed, comms.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a few places around the valley that to Paintball/airsoft.  Where are you located?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I would probably avoid airsoft, as most of the videos you see of actual tactical guys (usually current or former LEO/vets) are not the norm.

99% of airsofters fall into one or more of these categories,

1.) Whiny children
2.) Adult children
2.) Mall Ninjas
3.) Tacti-tards
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't do the big dress up events, but if you can get a similar handgun/rifle, you could set something up in your garage or even your hallway to work on draw, trigger & manipulation stuff. Some of them are pretty loud, so you might piss off your neighbors shooting in the back yard.

I had some gas korean G19 for a while that was good enough for about 10-20ft. It broke a few years ago, and it looks a little too real looking to use it in force on force stuff. I didn't bother spray painting it orange or blue.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would probably avoid airsoft, as most of the videos you see of actual tactical guys (usually current or former LEO/vets) are not the norm.

99% of airsofters fall into one or more of these categories,

1.) Whiny children
2.) Adult children
2.) Mall Ninjas
3.) Tacti-tards
View Quote
Yeah I’m not try to judge or be a jerk but I’d prefer to be with more mature guys (gals?) that are interested in really having fun but really being a bit serious too.

But I guess beggars can’t be choosers?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There are a few places around the valley that to Paintball/airsoft.  Where are you located?
View Quote
Im in Queen creek.

Like I mentioned I definitely don’t want to come across as a party pooper but I’d like to get with some somewhat serious people.

Hopefully I’m not coming across as a douche.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wouldn't do the big dress up events, but if you can get a similar handgun/rifle, you could set something up in your garage or even your hallway to work on draw, trigger & manipulation stuff. Some of them are pretty loud, so you might piss off your neighbors shooting in the back yard.

I had some gas korean G19 for a while that was good enough for about 10-20ft. It broke a few years ago, and it looks a little too real looking to use it in force on force stuff. I didn't bother spray painting it orange or blue.
View Quote
I’m going to have to get up to speed on guns. I don’t want to get a cheap, crap one but I’m not looking to drop a ton of money either. (Trying to save up so I can ditch my green NV for WP )
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I’m going to have to get up to speed on guns. I don’t want to get a cheap, crap one but I’m not looking to drop a ton of money either. (Trying to save up so I can ditch my green NV for WP )
View Quote
There was a thread on here where somebody gave a review for a g19 clone. I just bought exactly what he had. I'm sure it's buried deep in the archives now. It was kind of pricey getting setup. I think I paid a little more than $250ish to get the gun, gas and BBs. Plus if you are going to shoot in your house, those things do hit hard enough to leave little dents in your wall. You can DIY a solution. I just propped a pellet catcher up on a rolling desk in the hallway. That helped so I didn't have to vacuum up all the BBs that bounced out or misses.

It's not quite as fun as getting out and moving around, but that $250-300 buys you 1000rnds of 9mm, and dry firing is free.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:15:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Im in Queen creek.

Like I mentioned I definitely don’t want to come across as a party pooper but I’d like to get with some somewhat serious people.

Hopefully I’m not coming across as a douche.
View Quote
Just Google "paintball Phoenix". There are a few around.

The one near the airport is indoors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top