Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2020 2:36:20 PM EDT
So my whole group got laid off recently as it is cheaper to do our work south of the border...go figure. That puts me on a mid-life hunt for a new career. While there is no shortage of fodder on the job boards, I liken the process to blind dating with each not knowing what to expect of the other. Figured I cast a line here and see what the group has to offer. Maybe somebody has a job they really like and can give a man some insight.

My work history is somewhat diverse, a jack of all trades if you would. Most recently I was working in automotive research, creating a database of parts information used by the insurance and salvage industry. Lots of screen time, while enjoying all the comforts of a 6x8 cubicle owned by a global software company. I wonder who the boss will be today..?

Prior to that inventory management, online sales, again in the automotive industry. While it's what I'm most recently involved in, the automotive field is not necessarily where I care to stay.

I spent a few years building gun ranges which involved construction skills, equipment operation, electric / mechanical troubleshooting, crew management, and lots and lots of travel. I don't mind some travel but care not to have an mailing address a the Holiday Inn again.

Six year in the Marine Corps taught me how to repair circuit cards at the component level. If anybody has a F/A-18 with a bad RPYC card, I'm your man.

I'm located north and west of the cities. Commuting is nothing new. Any suggestions or input is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I saw that earlier today. Kinda like to stay this side of the cities if I can.

ETA..by chance anybody here in a low voltage / power limited  shop? Buddy of mine suggested I look into it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I got into software development in my mid 30’s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top