Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2018 11:24:21 AM EDT
I have lived in Johnson county off and on since 2012 and I have taken several courses at Mid West Tactical, south of Warrensburg in Johnson county.

Outstanding training.  They offer civilian and LE/Mil training.  The lead instructor is also a member of the Sheriff's Department SWAT team, and a firearms instructor for the agency.  Every class I have attended has been a good group of folks, the instructors are laid back, but they run a safe and effective course.

I highly recommend them if you want to bump up your skill set.  They don't have many courses posted now, but check back after February and see the next spring/summer offerings.  I am not affiliated with Mid West Tactical Training, but I am a huge proponent of them, and I want to see them offer more classes, so I am giving them this recommendation.

http://www.midwesttac.com/training/calendar/

This post might belong in the training section, but I wanted the hometown crowd to get first dibs at the future course openings.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool. I haven't done any courses in about 5 years. Didn't know anyone was that close to me. I will keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve taken a coarse at their shoot house from an outside instructor. It’s a pretty nice facility.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I forgot to mention that - In October they do a defensive pistol I and defensive carbine I that start at noon so there is low light shooting and a low light shoot house.

I have also been to a defensive pistol class where we shot from and around a retired police cruser that is parked on the range.  Good practice as in America we spend a lot of time in and around cars.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Very helpful, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to know on these guys, I live just north of Warrensburg a ways.  Had seen about them but wasn't sure, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top