Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2023 3:59:16 PM EDT
LANSING, Michigan — A fight brewing over the future of Michigan's "right-to-work" law is drawing national attention as Democratic lawmakers in Lansing eye repealing the law Republicans passed just over a decade ago allowing workers in unionized jobs to opt out of paying union dues and fees...
View Quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/michigan-could-become-first-state-in-nearly-60-years-to-ditch-right-to-work-law/ar-AA16iWaV?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c7b2afc81d584d80b6203ef334a3fc5a
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The Governor is a whore and so are the rest of the dem. party.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

She is terrible.  The MI Republicans had better field a rock solid candidate in a couple years.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

She is terrible.  The MI Republicans had better field a rock solid candidate in a couple years.
View Quote

The Mi repubs are swamp creatures. I was always surprised they kept a majority. We need real fighters who will bring Michigan into the Constitutional Carry universe.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
That ballot initiative for weed is the gift that keeps on giving, for the commies.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 2:14:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Those Are nothing but  Right to be fired Laws .

I’m not a democrat but the Unions don’t deserve all the crap people throw at them .
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
All federal employees that are unionized are free to pay union dues or opt out. The exact same thing as "Right to work" laws. The problem is the union is still required to represent them by law.

You shouldn't be able to have your cake and eat it too. If you "opt out" you should also lose union representation and protections. I despised some of the union's policies, especially when they took political stances outside of actual labor talks and contract negotiations. They represented many individuals that should have been fired but were not.

Dues were just under 1% of straight time pay and I payed it because my economic interests outweighed their collective BS. Very few people actually opted out, maybe 3 or 4%, half of the members were conservatives, many of them career military men and women. Veterans received additional points on the entrance exams as a reward for their military service, hence the high percentage of veterans in the workforce.

The bottom line is always the bottom line. People seek union pay and benefits because most other options are inferior in every way. Virtually all businesses could avoid unions if they paid more, most can't afford to, many would refuse to. Most employees in the USA are blue collar working stiffs, what other options have they?

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I have never made less money with a skill than I did in the union.  I was one of the few poor bastards in MI that still have required union membership.  I also agree if you don't pay union dues you shouldn't get union protection, with that said I also shouldn't be required to take union bullshit pay rates.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't care

Unions suck anyways
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 5:40:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Here it comes.  I'm surprised it took them this long.

Democrats plan to push 'right-to-work' repeal through Michigan House Wednesday

https://www.mlive.com/politics/2023/03/democrats-plan-to-push-right-to-work-repeal-through-michigan-house-wednesday.html
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Filling their pockets with union payoff.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Michigan posts 'closed for business' sign to please unions. Biden wants the same for US.

After regaining full control of the Michigan Legislature in November for the first time in four decades, state Democrats are patting themselves on the back for marching through their liberal priority list, from expanding LGBTQ protections to restricting guns.

One of the most damaging and shortsighted proposals would overturn the state’s decade-old right-to-work law, which gives workers the choice to opt out of paying union dues and fees and still keep their job. Unions can operate as they did before – they just have to earn the support of their members.

Michigan is one of 27 states with a right-to-work law. No state has overturned its law in nearly six decades, which will make the Great Lakes State an extreme outlier...
View Quote

More at the link:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/michigan-posts-closed-for-business-sign-to-please-unions-biden-wants-the-same-for-us/ar-AA18Qhi6?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6686ae2177d94e7194ffdc175d3ea313&ei=28
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It seems few remember the days of Henry Ford' s war on workers , before the Unions started.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#15]
You must join the party. Hail Hitler.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top