Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2023 2:40:14 PM EDT
As per heading, I’m in Michigan just outside of Flint. I want to set up a trust for some suppressor purchases. Plan to got to Williams Gun Sight and buy a 7.62 and .45 cans. Does anyone recommend a business, attorney or Individual that can assist me on settling up the trust?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I did mine through silencer shop, was cheap and easy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Mr James was recommended to me several years ago. I can't remember how much the creation of my trust was, maybe $400(?). Either way it set up with me as the trustee and my two under age boys as beneficiaries. So far I have 1 suppressor, 1 SBS, and 3 SBRs that have been approved and attached to the Trust.

James J. Makowski
Makowski Legal Group, PLC
6528 Schaefer Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
(313) 434-3900 office
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mr James was recommended to me several years ago. I can't remember how much the creation of my trust was, maybe $400(?). Either way it set up with me as the trustee and my two under age boys as beneficiaries. So far I have 1 suppressor, 1 SBS, and 3 SBRs that have been approved and attached to the Trust.

James J. Makowski
Makowski Legal Group, PLC
6528 Schaefer Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
(313) 434-3900 office
View Quote

Second this. I used Jim as well, good guy, quick, no issues.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Jim has an excellent reputation.
SilencerShop's single shot trusts are also nice because each NFA item has it's own trust. This theoretically allows you to sell the trust making your transfers easier/cheaper/quicker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top