Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2018 6:33:34 PM EDT
Might be picking up quite a few used handguns from an individual down there.
Trying to find an FFL that is gtg and reasonable (not raping on transfer handling fees)
Does the FL Hometown crew have any recommendations?

Thanks fellas
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I only use Rightful Liberty in Miami. $15 transfer plus the $5 background. They are very good people. They could charge more and I'd still use them.
View Quote
+1. Use them all the all time for incoming transfers.

However, where you looking for a Miami-area FFL to ship them out of state to your local FFL?
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

However, where you looking for a Miami-area FFL to ship them out of state to your local FFL?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I only use Rightful Liberty in Miami. $15 transfer plus the $5 background. They are very good people. They could charge more and I'd still use them.

yes, this is the scenario
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you need the FFL to ship the guns?

Why can't the seller just ship the guns to your FFL?
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

private seller of an estate sale, looking like it may have to go this way
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 6:16:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Public Gun in Hollywood on Stirling Road.  Kevin is a great fellow to do business with
954-843-0324
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 6:39:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

private seller of an estate sale, looking like it may have to go this way
View Quote
A FFL is not needed to ship a firearm to a FFL except when sending a handgun by US Mail.

From the ATF web site...

6.  May I lawfully  ship  a  firearm  directly  to  an  out-of-State  licensee,  or  must  I  have a licensee  in  my  State  ship  it to  him?    May the licensee return  the firearm  to  me,  even  if the  shipment  is  across  State  lines?

Any person  may  ship  firearms  directly  to  a licensee in  any  State, with no requirement  for  another licensee  to ship the  firearm.  However, handguns  and  other  concealable  firearms  are  not mailable through the  United States  Postal  Service  and must  be  shipped via  private  common or  contract carrier  (18 U.S.C.    1715).   The  USPS  and private  common or  contract  carriers  may  also have additional  restrictions  on firearms  shipments  by  unlicensed persons.   Firearms  shipped to FFLs for  repair  or  any  other  lawful  purpose  may  be  returned to the  person  from  whom  received without  transferring  the  firearm  through  an  FFL  in  the recipient's  State of  residence.   FFLs  may also  return  a  replacement  firearm  of  the same kind  and  type to  the person  from  whom  received (18 U.S.C.  922(a)(2)(A)).    An ATF  Form  4473 is  required for  the  return  of  the  firearm,  except in  instances  when  a  firearm  is  delivered  to  a licensee for  the sole purpose of  repair  or customizing,  and the  same  firearm  or  a  replacement  firearm  is  returned to the  person from  whom received  (27 CFR    478.124(a)).

Also helpful is the Gunbroker shipping guide.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A FFL is not needed to ship a firearm to a FFL except when sending a handgun by US Mail.

From the ATF web site...

6.  May I lawfully  ship  a  firearm  directly  to  an  out-of-State  licensee,  or  must  I  have a licensee  in  my  State  ship  it to  him?    May the licensee return  the firearm  to  me,  even  if the  shipment  is  across  State  lines?

Any person  may  ship  firearms  directly  to  a licensee in  any  State, with no requirement  for  another licensee  to ship the  firearm.  However, handguns  and  other  concealable  firearms  are  not mailable through the  United States  Postal  Service  and must  be  shipped via  private  common or  contract carrier  (18 U.S.C.    1715).   The  USPS  and private  common or  contract  carriers  may  also have additional  restrictions  on firearms  shipments  by  unlicensed persons.   Firearms  shipped to FFLs for  repair  or  any  other  lawful  purpose  may  be  returned to the  person  from  whom  received without  transferring  the  firearm  through  an  FFL  in  the recipient's  State of  residence.   FFLs  may also  return  a  replacement  firearm  of  the same kind  and  type to  the person  from  whom  received (18 U.S.C.  922(a)(2)(A)).    An ATF  Form  4473 is  required for  the  return  of  the  firearm,  except in  instances  when  a  firearm  is  delivered  to  a licensee for  the sole purpose of  repair  or customizing,  and the  same  firearm  or  a  replacement  firearm  is  returned to the  person from  whom received  (27 CFR    478.124(a)).

Also helpful is the Gunbroker shipping guide.
View Quote
Cool. I would love for him to ship it directly, rather than me having to pay a dealer for handling fees. This language should help a lot.

Many thanks!
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Cool. I would love for him to ship it directly, rather than me having to pay a dealer for handling fees. This language should help a lot.

Many thanks!
View Quote
Glad I was helpful.

I've shipped firearms before and I can say that as long as the shipping location is familiar with the rules, it goes without a hassle.  I've had cases where the were not familiar with the rules so they say they can't do it or make up stupid new rules.  Escalating the situation seems to resolve it when a supervisor gets involved.

I happen to prefer USPS when it is something they will ship because of the substantially lower insurance cost, especially if you send it registered mail.  Just have a copy of the rules handy and any forms you might need as they won't have the forms handy.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Top Gun Indoor Range. $15 transfers plus  $5 by,  and they transfer out for $15 plus actual shipping costs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top