Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2021 6:17:49 PM EDT
I'm thinking of building a 2k-3k workshop/storage building on some land I have in Coryell county I'm curious if anyone has feedback on Mueller https://www.muellerinc.com/ ?  

Any good/bad experiences on doing the process through them or recommendations otherwise?

Experiences doing bolt together vs welded?  One of my concerns is I've seen some other buildings (not done by mueller done by other contractors) where the welds just didn't look very nice and the metal was kind of rusted.  I was hoping the bolt together option might end up with a nicer finish quality so looking for advice there.

Thanks any advice is appreciated!

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to look back a few pages. Someone else was asking a similar question not long ago.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Mueller makes a great building, but with the size your looking at you'll definitely need a crew to erect it. Not to mention having a good concrete guy for the slab.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might want to look back a few pages. Someone else was asking a similar question not long ago.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/Lookin-to-put-up-a-shop-in-East-TX/8-655268/
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Bolt-up vs. Weld-up Metal Buildings
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I would rather have welded than bolt up. I have several on my property. I strongly recommend spray foam insulation. In my shop you can’t see any exposed metal on the inside not the sheets or the structural members it is all covered with foam.

Go bigger than you think you will ever need and taller as well. I would say a minimum of 14’ sidewalls and preferably 16’. Your door openings will be 2’ less than the sidewall height. You never know what the future holds. RVs, boats with tops, etc are tall. Go with as many overhead insulated doors as possible. I see a lot of shops that are decently sized but have one door and people are constantly shuffling things around to get things in and out. My shop has three 12’ wide doors across the front. I started out with one shop a 50x50 and now added on four times over the past 11 years. I wish I would have just built something much larger to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a Mueller weld up done on my property recently and so far, so good. It’s 30x50. I was going to do it myself but what I discovered was the price difference between a custom designed for bolt together cost just as much in materials as having someone with experience build me a weld together so I went with that option.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife and i put our 40x50x14 up with our tractor. Everyone said how hard the 12x12 door was gonna be. It was not that big of a deal. They had sales last year. Not sure about now tho. A weekend and a boom forklift with some buddies would get it mostly up i think
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top