Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2020 9:18:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Let Menards know why your money is no longer going there.  That is the only way things will go back to normal.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Johnson creek nards is selling masks  at the door .
$1 " cover charge"... at a very minimum that dollar should be applied to the purchase price of anything you Buy.
Agree shop elsewhere!

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you get the 11% rebate on the mask?

I have a $2.45 rebate certificate in my truck ... can I use it for 2 masks and 45 cents change?
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I went last Thursday to pick up some lumber I had ordered and paid for online.
The "guard" at the lumberyard started to give me grief about not having a mask. I don't know if it's because I'm cute or started to get heated, saying that I'll be outside picking lumber and not shopping, but she let me in anyway. She did say not to be surprised if I'm asked to leave.
No issues, other than having to spend 30 minutes digging through the 2x4 pile to find 12 decent boards.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Guess I don't understand the issue.
The US Surgeon general (the last time I saw him on TV) took great pains to explain that the masks were used to protect other people, not the wearer.
I have a hard time objecting to wearing masks (especially since I'm an old guy and would hope others would wear them too).
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Wear a lone ranger mask. They never specified what kind of mask.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be going to my local hardware store or Home Depot before going back to a Menards. Businesses are allowed to have any rules they want but we can't go through this song and dance every time the flu season rolls around.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Grizz272:
Let Menards know why your money is no longer going there.  That is the only way things will go back to normal.
View Quote

Totally agree, let them know.
https://www.menards.com/main/contactUs.html
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#9]
It's only required to enter the store. Once you're through the checkpoint, you can toss it.

At least that seemed to be the rule when I went this weekend. 60% of people in the store had no mask. Ditto for Costco, who also mandates masks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Keep in mind the Menards in Burlington was accused of price gouging on hand sanatizer when this whole pandemic thing started.
I'll spend my cash elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't buy your cheap Chinese materials at Menards in the first place.
Advertise it.
Your business will thank you.

As a person who does a lot of my own stuff and has hired contractors, I won't use anything of any actual value from Menards. I know a bunch of people who feel the same.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By m14reigns:

Totally agree, let them know. 
https://www.menards.com/main/contactUs.html
View Quote

I did let them know.   First requiring a mask.   Selling a mask= profiteering during a pandemic.
Second making people wear a mask when one is not required.

Their store there rules.  No money from me though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I went there this weekend (after I first bought some block at Home Depot and then had to return it and go to Menards to match the block my wife bought a few years ago).  They had bouncers at every door.

They sell masks at the desk for $1. Not price gouging, but I wasn't happy either.

They let folks in with their t-shirts pulled up over the moth and nose.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Put your cloth or paper mask on, go in your closet, shut the door...then fart. Rip off a big one. Then tell me how effective your mask was.

Anything it lets pass through going in, it will also let pass through going out. If you exhale or talk with the mask on, it's not containing any virus molecules. All the mask does is contain the (very huge in comparison) virus contaminated droplets of spit, if you cough or sneeze. Which do not travel more than a few feet. Thus the 6' social distancing thing. The mask may prevent you from contaminating objects that your cough or sneeze "stuff" might land on. But the microscopic virus particles released in your breath hang in the air.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#15]
"They let folks in with their t-shirts pulled up over the moth and nose."

This certainly has some possibilities.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Haven't gone in, but seems like they don't have shit anyways. Looking at their site can't find 6' fence, wood chunks for smoking, etc.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I just went there this moring.  Saw the sign outside (in addition the no one under 16). Inside the doors they have everything gated off and an employee wearing a face shield (no mask) at the turnstile things.  Turned around and left.  Fleet farm it is.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm so sick of the 11% BS that I never shop there anymore.

Also hauled crap from the DC to their stores. Never seen or worked for a more backward, miss managed company in my life. Believe me I'm restraining my language cause I would be banned for life if I posted how I really feel.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Only things I regularly buy at Menards is mulch, ice melt, and top soil.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuck Menards. I wont be back till the mask shit is lifted. I'll take my business to Fleet Farm or Lowes. I went into Fleet Farm last weekend, it was refreshing actually almost zero indications we were in a "pandemic"
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Talking to a guy about this yesterday.

“... So I go to buy one & the F’n things are made in China! I threw it back at the cashier & went to Lowe’s.”

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:08:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Old John seems to be becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Chinese crap.  Hard to find Made in USA stuff there.  Must be taking tips from WallyWorld.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Stonia:
 Fleet farm it is.
View Quote

And they're not much better. Since they sold, it's been a continual downward spiral. Crap out of stock, more shit on the shelves. COVID hasn't helped either. I was there last week; they had two registers open. About 20 people in line for each, stretching halfway to the back of the store. Then the fuckers decided to close one of the registers. Didn't tell anyone, or let people in line finish. They just turned off the light, and when someone asked the cashier what was going on, she said she was closed. Good number of people said fuck it and left.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Very pleasant experience at Fleet Farm on Saturday. We did not feel like cattle with hoof-and-mouth.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By NAM:

And they're not much better. Since they sold, it's been a continual downward spiral... Good number of people said fuck it and left.
View Quote

While I generally agree with their post-sale decline, I haven't yet had a store experience like that. Plenty of folks wearing masks (voluntarily) and overhead announcements about Covid precautions (iirc), but otherwise business as usual. Menards has gone off the deep end since they first put up their "no one under 16" sign.  I saw a guy and is daughter, maybe 8-10 y/o, both wearing masks and gloves chased down by a female employee and asked to leave because "you know she's not supposed to be in here, right?"

Edit to add quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Stonia:

While I generally agree with their post-sale decline, I haven't yet had a store experience like that. Plenty of folks wearing masks (voluntarily) and overhead announcements about Covid precautions (iirc), but otherwise business as usual. Menards has gone off the deep end since they first put up their "no one under 16" sign.  I saw a guy and is daughter, maybe 8-10 y/o, both wearing masks and gloves chased down by a female employee and asked to leave because "you know she's not supposed to be in here, right?"

Edit to add quote
View Quote

Shit is getting real old.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Got a lame response from the email I sent them

I'm very sorry, but we are doing the best we can to keep everyone safe. Hopefully the need to do so will be temporary and we can all get back to normal.

Thank you for your patience and understanding - Ray

View Quote

Yep, Lowes or the Depot it is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#31]
I built some shelves on Saturday.  I wasnt quite happy with what HD in West Allis had, and even though Menards is just around the corner I went to HD in Waukesha instead.  HD in Waukesha had less of what I was looking for and even though there is a Menards just across the street I went BACK to the HD in West Allis and made the wood and brackets they had work.  

I had a mask with me too.  But f all that jazz.  Menards lost out on a $500 bill.  For the record, I normally buy stuff at F&F and Menards.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Was at FF in St. Point yesterday for some stuff and took the obligatory stroll through the guns/ammo section.  While they were pretty well stocked last fall, I was surprised at how empty the ammo shelves and handgun cases were.  I hope this is because of the run on those items and not some new direction the new ownership is taking.  It was also hard to find employees to help find a battery I was there for.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By kapusta:
Was at FF in St. Point yesterday for some stuff and took the obligatory stroll through the guns/ammo section.  While they were pretty well stocked last fall, I was surprised at how empty the ammo shelves and handgun cases were.  I hope this is because of the run on those items and not some new direction the new ownership is taking.  It was also hard to find employees to help find a battery I was there for.
View Quote

Nobody else has anything in stock right now either, so I do believe it's because of not yet getting restocked after the panic buying back in March & April. It was the new owners that substantially upgraded the gun dept. All those handgun display cases and long gun racks were not there when it was owned by the Mills family. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By USMARINE1108:
I built some shelves on Saturday.  I wasnt quite happy with what HD in West Allis had, and even though Menards is just around the corner I went to HD in Waukesha instead.  HD in Waukesha had less of what I was looking for and even though there is a Menards just across the street I went BACK to the HD in West Allis and made the wood and brackets they had work.  

I had a mask with me too.  But f all that jazz.  Menards lost out on a $500 bill.  For the record, I normally buy stuff at F&F and Menards.
View Quote

Maybe next time try going to Franklin after White Allis. Got HD and Lowes minutes apart. And you can mock the menards driving between each. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By olyman:
Very pleasant experience at Fleet Farm on Saturday. We did not feel like cattle with hoof-and-mouth.
View Quote

Blaine’s in Rice Lake was packed yesterday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top