Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2022 9:10:46 AM EDT
After posting blue generic "No Gun" signs on their doors, and their Corporate office telling people that concealed carry was not allowed, new "Open Carry Prohibited" signs appear to have replaced them. Here's a photo someone else posted elsewhere.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Meijer corporate management has been out of touch with reality for decades.  It happens when you get to a certain net worth.  And as a family owned and operated business, guess who ultimately calls all the shots.

Disclaimer:  I am a former very low level Meijer employee (stock boy in high school) and occasional shopper.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I support their move in the right direction...
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I support their move in the right direction...
View Quote

I doubt that they had a choice.  I'm guessing that had they prohibited firearms all together, a fair number of employees wouldn't have been permitted to enter their stores and informed management that was the case.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this good or bad? Does this mean no OC but ok to CC?
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is this good or bad? Does this mean no OC but ok to CC?
View Quote

That sticker’s pic seems pretty clear …right?!!?
No open carry…. Concealed ….Nobodies Fing business!!

H
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
My guess is that Peter Meijer had a say in this.  Kind of tough to run on a pro 2nd GOP platform when your family's own grocery stores won't let you carry.  That is my guess.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My guess is that Peter Meijer had a say in this.  Kind of tough to run on a pro 2nd GOP platform when your family's own grocery stores won't let you carry.  That is my guess.
View Quote

Plausible.  The original stickers are still up at the local stores I use.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad to see they are working reversing their bad policies.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
what stickers?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hope John Gibbs mops the floor with him, as he's an actual intelligent conservative;

https://xotv.me/channels/233-economic-war-room/vod_videos/14700-the-transformation-of-hud-is-a-model-congress-should-learn-from-guests-dr-ben-carson-and-john-gibbs-ep-198

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Meijer and Upton both vote to impeach Trump   Both are RINO POS.  I'm in Upton's district

Upton is out. He's not running again. Of course he has a strong 2A member running to take his place.

Meijer's no friend of the 2A  Look at his voting record.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm sure my email to them asking if they were assuming liability for my self defense and potential medical bills single handedly changed their minds.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I doubt that they had a choice.  I'm guessing that had they prohibited firearms all together, a fair number of employees wouldn't have been permitted to enter their stores and informed management that was the case.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
View Quote

That would be the very first corporation I've heard of that allows their employees to carry at work. Highly unlikely. As those employees would be fired on the spot for admitting to violating a pretty common business employee's weapons policy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top