User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.  I walked in after they did their big addition.  Two steps in I hear "Need to see your foid"

Why?  I haven't purchased anything

You have to have an foid to be in the store.

So I showed him my foid and walked out, haven't been back since.  I will never patronize them.
View Quote

I go there to look at a new gun I'm interested in, and then I have the local shop order it for me.

I may buy cleaning supplies at Mega, but lately even that's been cleaned out so there's no reason I have to darken their door.

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
American firearms in Peoria was the same way. They had guns up on the walls out in the open, so anyone could walk up and grab them, so I was understanding. Problem always was, you’d show the guy at the door, and then the blowhard owner would come up to you and ask to see it again. I only stood for that a couple times. They’re out of business now. Moral of the story, if you treat everyone that walks through the door like they’re doing something wrong, they’ll naturally gravitate to somewhere more welcoming.
View Quote

Is there anything there now? They had a nice range...got my CCL training done there.

But yeah, the reason they were asking for FOIDs at the door was because they had rifles and handguns out of cases so you could handle them and browse at your leisure. They, and for that matter Mega (who does that too IIRC). would ruffle a lot less feathers if they explained that when they were doing the FOID check. For the most part, the people at American were a lot nicer to me than some shops in the Peoria area.

A lot of it comes down to screening who they hire for counter help better.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:01:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is there anything there now? They had a nice range...got my CCL training done there.

But yeah, the reason they were asking for FOIDs at the door was because they had rifles and handguns out of cases so you could handle them and browse at your leisure. They, and for that matter Mega (who does that too IIRC). would ruffle a lot less feathers if they explained that when they were doing the FOID check. For the most part, the people at American were a lot nicer to me than some shops in the Peoria area.

A lot of it comes down to screening who they hire for counter help better.
View Quote

Some place called the Tac shack. I haven’t been in there since probably June of last year, but the guys were cool.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top