Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2022 5:26:50 PM EDT
Mayville market place the grocery store in Mayville put up a NO Weapons sign in the last week or so.
I asked the Manager about the sign today.   He said Corp asked them to or someone asked the to put the sign up.
I told him I was surprised a business would do that because of the liability they assume when the sign goes up.
He was not happy I mentioned liability.
Just thought i would let people know about the change.
Be sure to mention the sign when you are shopping there.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks.

What about the Waupun Pig?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.

What about the Waupun Pig?
View Quote

Ni idea
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The home of MEC?  Seems as if spreading the word might impact the grocery sales.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
My reason for starting this thread.

MEC service is great.   I can go to their service center and get anything i need for reloader.  They are good people.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I do safety and risk consulting (OSHA stuff and similar).  Part of that work is company policy review and development. I'm always amazed at how many businesses have written employee policies that ban weapons on site.  It seems like the lawyers always recommend these policies and I'm not sure how much experience they have with this particular law.  

I always laugh at the HR manuals that forbid bringing bombs to work.  As if that policy means anything. "Oh, sorry. I came to blow this place up, but I really don't want to get that third strike in my HR file, so I won't bring the bomb in."
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Lomira Piggly Wiggly has no sign
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:27:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Plymouth wobbly hog has no sign
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Plymouth wobbly hog has no sign
View Quote

wobbly hog
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm always amazed at how many businesses have written employee policies that ban weapons on site.  
View Quote

For employees or customers?

I've turned away vendor accounts for my business because the 'contracts' specified no weapons carried by me or my employees, not even in vehicles brought to the work site. Pick & Save, fuck them. They still call me when the local store has an emergency, and I always refuse the job, and tell them exactly why, too. I always wondered if that weapons ban included long pointy screwdrivers and hammers too.... I've asked, and got a snarky reply every time. The call is from the 414 area code, so I guess that explains it.

Pick & Save was the only customer to give me a policy guide that forbade weapons by contractors in writing, but it has no "no weapons" signs posted at the local stores for customers, and the only Piggly Wiggly in my AO has no signs either, and I've never been given any bullshit "policy" guides by them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

wobbly hog
View Quote

Wobbly Hog would be a good name for a BBQ joint.

I was a lead repairman where I worked ( since retired).  My last stupidvisor was a young women.  One day she was complaining about the knife I had setting out because it was a weapon.   I proceeded to take tools out of my tool chest showing all the weapons I had in the tool chest
screw drivers for stabbing, hammer for smashing, pliers for squeezing, and  10mm sockets for throwing.  She walked away shaking her head.  The subject of tools never came up while was working there again.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I just walk on by the signs and don't even look anymore. Weapons are concealed, right. Been in the bank numerous times, nothing. Police station nothing thought they might notice but nope. Mall, stores, bars and restaurants nothing. Stop worrying about stupid stuff.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just walk on by the signs and don't even look anymore. Weapons are concealed, right. Been in the bank numerous times, nothing. Police station nothing thought they might notice but nope. Mall, stores, bars and restaurants nothing. Stop worrying about stupid stuff.
View Quote

In Wisconsin we fought for the right to carry concealed and for open carry.   WE had lost those because people did not think they were important.
Now that we have these rights you are saying not to fight or challenge people when they want to take these rights away again.

Fighting for our rights is important  If you do not understand why, then you will be one of the reasons we will loose them again.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, it’s Mayville, the same town that had the tank (for veterans) removed…..used to recruit there…..doesn’t surprise me
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Not sure if the Mountin's still own it, but they were raging dicks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, it’s Mayville, the same town that had the tank (for veterans) removed…..used to recruit there…..doesn’t surprise me
View Quote

lol....I remember that bullshit...
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not sure if the Mountin's still own it, but they were raging dicks.
View Quote

Mountins sold it about 4 yrs ago now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I do safety and risk consulting (OSHA stuff and similar).  Part of that work is company policy review and development. I'm always amazed at how many businesses have written employee policies that ban weapons on site.  It seems like the lawyers always recommend these policies and I'm not sure how much experience they have with this particular law.  

I always laugh at the HR manuals that forbid bringing bombs to work.  As if that policy means anything. "Oh, sorry. I came to blow this place up, but I really don't want to get that third strike in my HR file, so I won't bring the bomb in."
View Quote
Yep. As if there's a guy fucked up in the head enough to be thinking of shooting up his workplace going "Damnit, I would so shoot Debbie in shipping if it weren't for that employee handbook I signed."

Luckily I work from home now, so firearms are not only allowed but encouraged in my place of work.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#18]
We need a short handout detailing the liability risks to businesses that post no weapons signs. Be handy to leave with the manager.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:49:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We need a short handout detailing the liability risks to businesses that post no weapons signs. Be handy to leave with the manager.
View Quote

I like this idea.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I like this idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like this idea.

Last line should be "I will return as a customer if the No Weapons sign is removed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top