BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2022 1:50:17 AM EDT
Link. Makes my blood absolutely boil.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 2:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
He has political goals for sure.

Luckily the State of Missouri had the good sense to limit localities from making up their own gun laws.

And for now, he still doesnt even have control of the city's Police. Although I hear that might be over soon, which will be the final straw for parts of KC still being decent.

Maybe someday there will be a push for Clay/Platte County to leave the city. I hope so for those still living there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 2:11:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He has political goals for sure.

Luckily the State of Missouri had the good sense to limit localities from making up their own gun laws.

And for now, he still doesnt even have control of the city's Police. Although I hear that might be over soon, which will be the final straw for parts of KC still being decent.

Maybe someday there will be a push for Clay/Platte County to leave the city. I hope so for those still living there.
View Quote

The current chief is on his way out, and they already have a replacement for him lined up I believe.

I've actually seen a lot of talk about the Northland annexing from KCMO. I read something a while back that said the Northland didn't want to join South of the river. But since it was a KC decision, non KC residents couldn't vote, and the vote passed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Obama jr. wants to get rid of rights for the people. There's a shocker
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
And the Police Board just ruled KCMO cops no longer have to reside in KCMO/MO....Q was only no vote.  I think they could live within 30 miles of kcmo, just not on my side.....news quoted that some officers live up by St Joe
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And the Police Board just ruled KCMO cops no longer have to reside in KCMO/MO....Q was only no vote.  I think they could live within 30 miles of kcmo, just not on my side.....news quoted that some officers live up by St Joe
View Quote

I saw that. They were allowed to live outside of KC after 2020 I believe. This rule made no sense to me especially when KC surrounds other cities such as Gladstone. KCFD has yet to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I was talking to a KCPD detective this past February and in his words KCMO is a shithole.  He said they all live as far north as they can get.  I'm sure the residency requirement is a welcome change for their officers.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top