Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2021 8:36:02 PM EDT
Took my wife to a shopping center yesterday just before dark to buy more Christmas ornaments.  Tuesday Morning first, the Hobby Lobby.

I dropped her at the front door and parked in the parking lot to read from my Kindle.

While setting there it began to get dark.  I noticed a car back in all cock eyed in front and two spots to my left.  Looked like a woman.  I just kept reading.

Then a Tahoe, or Suburban pulled in in the spot beside the car but with the back in cocked around to the side so as to block most of the spot in front of me.  No one got out, no lights in it to see how many people were in it.  I decided to fire up the 435iX and back out before someone pulled up behind me to block me in.  I went two aisles over and pulled in to park again.

Didn't see what was going on while I was moving the car.

Once I parked I saw a guy walking a good sized pit bull on a harness/leash around the big SUV and the car.  Then another car came up and parked all cock eyed beside the SUV.  Another woman got out of it and walked to the SUV.  The first woman got out of her car and walked over to the SUV.  The guy with the pit bull made a loop or two around the cars while the women talked.  The first woman started pulled boxes out of the Tahoe/Suburban and setting them on the ground between it and the second car/woman.  The second woman looked at the boxes and then began putting them in her car.  The guy with the pit bull made one more loop around the cars and put the pit bull in the first woman's car.  The first woman got in her car and drove away.  The guy shut the doors on the SUV and got in and drove away.  Finally the second woman got in her car and drove away.

I have no idea what I saw going on but I'm glad I moved.  Had a heck of a time getting that P07 back in my IWB holster sitting there in the car.  Come out way quicker/easier than it goes back in.

Probably nothing at all out of the ordinary.  Just never seen that go on before in my 40 plus years of sitting in a parked car.

Had I not moved the guy with the pit bull would have been walking all around my car making all those loops while the women talked/moved boxes from the SUV to the second car.

And no, I don't like/trust pit bulls and I don't like weird shit going on around me.  The P07 made me feel better.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Where were you ?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#2]
West end of the Walmart shopping center on Hull Street.  The new Walmart with the Hobby Lobby, 5 Below, Dick's Sporting Goods, etc. just past the Walmart in the newer section of the shopping center.  Don't know the exact/correct name of the shopping center.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:36:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Something sketchy AF was going on and I'd have moved as well!
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Might have been something wierd or I've seen something similar a few times
someone goes to Costco then meets up with a friend or family member and splits the purchases
Buying in bulk but is just too much for one family
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a weird experience in Seven Corners in front of the World Market.  I’m in my large SUV that would be a feature in a rap video, parked while my wife shops.  Little one has her Kindle.  I started to see the same car driving up and down isles in front and behind me.  Then I see a person on foot get out of it on the sidewalk in front of the shops and track me while he starts the same L shaped pattern toward my spot.  I try to pull through when I park because it is hard to see my corners.  Anyway, I figure he’s headed towards me and will grab my door when the sedan blocks me in, so I fire it up and drop it in drive.  As soon as I do, he throws up his hands and starts shouting.  Car jack?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I usually park out by myself (hate parking lot dings) so it makes it easier to see anyone walking towards/near me and more room to pull out if I feel the need.

On the bad side I'm usually reading my kindle while waiting on my wife to finish spending money in whatever store she's in.

These days, who know what the intent of other's actions may be.  Better to just put distance between you and them if you can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top