Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2018 10:27:59 AM EDT
May 26th is our next scheduled monthly AZ2Gun match.
Currently slated for West platforms, but that can change.
Sign in at 830am, safety brief and squading at 9am.
Match fee is $20 per shooter.

Arizona 2 Gun (rifle pistol) will be an action based match. There will be tire flipping, Kettlebell throwing/lifting/carrying, Kettlebell dragging, Climbing, crawling, jumping, running, and all kinds of other physical activities along with some decent shooting challenges. The range facility allows us a lot of interesting options for stages. Expect rifle shooting up to 400 yards, and pistol challenges accordingly.

---STARTING IN JANUARY 2018---
The match will be held the FOURTH Saturday of each month. Sign in starts at 830am, Safety brief and squading at 9am. Cost is $20 per shooter.

For further information, questions, etc.
Facebook search AZ2gun
YouTube arizona2gun
Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/BMc8ue1hnVw/

For further information please email me at ARIZONA2GUN @ GMAIL

Hope to see you all there.
Next match is MAY 26, 2018.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
up top it say May 2nd, Did you mean May 26th?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Sure did. thx for catching that, fixed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#3]
2weeks out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Match is this Saturday. Come have some fun in the sun
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Good match this month. Lots of fun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good match this month. Lots of fun.
View Quote
Thx. Only complaint I heard was the weather being too nice.

No worries; summer is coming!
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The match this month was PERFECT. The shooting challenges were reasonable and the physical aspects were manageable for anyone with an ordinary fitness level. The Magnetospeed target indicators worked great, and now that they are proven I am sure we can expect longer shots at future events.

Most important for those of us at an age beginning with "5", all the stages presented a low risk of injury (no heavy stuff to lift or things to climb over). I have shot this match many times, and I very much like the way the stages test one's ability to shoot after physical exertion, but each month I have to make the go/no go decision based on what I read here (and what Paul tells me privately) about the nature of the physical aspects that month. The elevated risk of heat-related stresses compounds the concern in the summer months.

One thing I have learned from running 3-Gun matches for many years is that the most loyal of my REGULAR customers are older - many north of 40 - presumably because that is the demographic with disposable income and free time to participate. Perhaps offering "low physicality" and "high physicality" versions of each division might allow that demographic to participate more regularly without worrying whether they will need prescription painkillers for a week afterwards

Anyway, GREAT JOB to Paul and the AZ2G crew. I hope to see you all next month.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The match this month was PERFECT. The shooting challenges were reasonable and the physical aspects were manageable for anyone with an ordinary fitness level. The Magnetospeed target indicators worked great, and now that they are proven I am sure we can expect longer shots at future events.

Most important for those of us at an age beginning with "5", all the stages presented a low risk of injury (no heavy stuff to lift or things to climb over). I have shot this match many times, and I very much like the way the stages test one's ability to shoot after physical exertion, but each month I have to make the go/no go decision based on what I read here (and what Paul tells me privately) about the nature of the physical aspects that month. The elevated risk of heat-related stresses compounds the concern in the summer months.

One thing I have learned from running 3-Gun matches for many years is that the most loyal of my REGULAR customers are older - many north of 40 - presumably because that is the demographic with disposable income and free time to participate. Perhaps offering "low physicality" and "high physicality" versions of each division might allow that demographic to participate more regularly without worrying whether they will need prescription painkillers for a week afterwards

Anyway, GREAT JOB to Paul and the AZ2G crew. I hope to see you all next month.
View Quote
Thx, we try to make the stages a little more fun in the summer months. Strange how the heat is its own special physical challenge.

The two levels of physicality is possible, but only if we do separate scoring for both divisions. This is an idea worth exploring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top