Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2021 9:25:16 AM EDT
Even though Independent Virginians (the RPV's core support on election day) have been cut out of the May 8th drive-by primary process I'd like to know what is really going on but the universal reaction I get from the local RPV members (and I'm not lying) is a physical one of throwing their hands in the air and saying they don't know how it's going to shake out. They really don't have a clue.

The last I heard Amanda Chase had the inside track but the RINOs are mad about that and want some Snyder guy......Does anyone know what is really going on?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone know what is really going on?
View Quote
Maximum shenanigans designed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

Seems to be a Republican trope lately.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I found out a bit more this morning by pressing a RPV delegate and it's far worse than what I thought.....If that was possible.

It seems that as far as Amanda Chase is considered  (exact quote) "she's a crazy woman with a gun" and that the RPV is afraid that Independents, you know the ones the RPV cut out of the primary process, would not vote for her.....More like they were afraid Independents would vote for her....In droves and I said as much.

After some brow-beating about why she's not electable I said well don't be surprised when Independents tell the RPV to pound sand on election day if they come up with some institutional RINO slag they expect us to vote for. He was all taken aback and I swear he said "where are you going to go then?".....I hesitated a bit and said "squirrel hunting".

I swear you simply can't make that kind of ineptitude up and this was coming from a senior delegate in a 70% gop voting county.....Sorry guys, stick a fork in it, we're done if that is a representative peek under the RPV tent.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the RPV underestimated how pissed off the grass roots people are.

Up near NOVA the number of people that have signed up thru the archaic, not very well advertised ‘become a delegate’ process is pretty astounding. I have heard estimates from some that as many as 3 times the usual number of delegates have signed up.

I think people are tired off sending ‘Republicans’ to the statehouse or even DC and finding out they elected some establishment rino.

It seems like the Republican establishment is very afraid of Amanda Chase. Not because she is unelectable, but because she may be electable enough to win and they can’t control her.

A small PAC called Chasing Freedom Va rated all the candidates for the upcoming election. Chase did very well based wholly on conservative principles.

Take a look:

https://chasingfreedomvirginia.com/virginia-gubernatorial-race-2021/

I think the RPV tried to come up with a process to guarantee they get the candidate they want, but it looks like the average voter is smarter than they think and may nominate candidates that don’t necessarily fit what the party leaders want.

Or I could be way wrong.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Well if only half the shenanigan's that are being brought to light about Pete Snyder's campaign and the effort to steer the convention in his favor with RPV employees being on the the RPV payroll while secretly being on his payroll then I wouldn't be surprised by anything that happens at this point.  Chase has been complaining about it loudly but so have the other candidates.  It is a shit show with smear attacks coming left and right against Chase.  And to top it all off they decided not to hand count the voted but use an electronic vote tabulation program.  Wonder who pushed for that ........ cough (Pete Snyder's people) cough.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well if only half the shenanigan's that are being brought to light about Pete Snyder's campaign and the effort to steer the convention in his favor with RPV employees being on the the RPV payroll while secretly being on his payroll then I wouldn't be surprised by anything that happens at this point.  Chase has been complaining about it loudly but so have the other candidates.  It is a shit show with smear attacks coming left and right against Chase.  And to top it all off they decided not to hand count the voted but use an electronic vote tabulation program.  Wonder who pushed for that ........ cough (Pete Snyder's people) cough.
View Quote

The RPV delegate I pressed did not think much of Snyder either saying he was getting money from woke companies like Coke, Disney, and such. Of course I don't know if that is the case or not. He seemed to talk-up Glenn Youngkin more than the rest but thought he would have a hard time in NOtVA.

From a personal observation I will say this, Glenn Youngkin was the only hopeful who had a guy working the Virginia Gun Collectors Show at the Manassas, Virginia Fairgrounds on his behalf a few weeks back.

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Not only is this a state level problem, it's also a National problem., Think Trump, the Republican party didn't want him as President and they were almost as much a problem as the Dems during his term. What we really need is a viable 3rd party ticket capable of winning, because i know that i as well as others are sick and tired of the RPV shoving candidates down our throats that have no name recognition outside of their little area and no chance of winning just because they are next in line.

And yes, before anybody ask, i am signed up to be a delegate and will be there May 8th.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Youngkins out for me.

The VCDL survey wasn't returned which is usually pretty telling.

So Chase or whoever else I guess.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Youngkins out for me.

View Quote

Youngkins is probably the GOPe pick, so he will probably be the pick.

Kathy byron never answers the VCDL stuff, but seems to vote the right way.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The RPV delegate I pressed did not think much of Snyder either saying he was getting money from woke companies like Coke, Disney, and such. Of course I don't know if that is the case or not. He seemed to talk-up Glenn Youngkin more than the rest but thought he would have a hard time in NOtVA.

From a personal observation I will say this, Glenn Youngkin was the only hopeful who had a guy working the Virginia Gun Collectors Show at the Manassas, Virginia Fairgrounds on his behalf a few weeks back.

View Quote

RPV had a table across from mine at NGS, ,   but it was more for recalling someone (did not recognize the name)

didn't have the usual announcements by any candidates either,  

I
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Youngkins out for me.

View Quote

I get a Warner/Kaine vibe from him.

The only one running that I really like is Chuck Smith for AG.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Virginia doesn't have party registration so independant voters were free to sign up to be delegates (tho too late now).

Compared to years past the Republican line up is pretty solid.  Most candidates are answering surveys very pro-gun.

I'm not happy with Youngkin not filling out surveys and his promotion of the SPLC while a CEO but if he is chosen he will likely be a solid candidate as he has charisma and $$$$.   That said his base is more the moderate/establishment wing.

Chase has a great voting 2A record and grassroots support.  She also carries.

Snyder has staked out very pro 2A positions and also has $$$  & support of the more conservative establishment.

Sergio de la Pena is also great on 2A issues and conservative - not sure he has the $$$ and support to pull off a win tho.

Kirk Cox is fairly conservative but comes off as kinda tired.  He attacked the Stop the Steal rally folks on Jan 6 in a FB post.  I don't see him having much chance of winning convention.

Hopefully the ranked choice voting will come up with a good crowd sourced candidate. Any of the Republicans will be better than any of the Dems.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Virginia doesn't have party registration so independant voters were free to sign up to be delegates (tho too late now).

Compared to years past the Republican line up is pretty solid.  Most candidates are answering surveys very pro-gun.

I'm not happy with Youngkin not filling out surveys and his promotion of the SPLC while a CEO but if he is chosen he will likely be a solid candidate as he has charisma and $$$$.   That said his base is more the moderate/establishment wing.

Chase has a great voting 2A record and grassroots support.  She also carries.

Snyder has staked out very pro 2A positions and also has $$$  & support of the more conservative establishment.

Sergio de la Pena is also great on 2A issues and conservative - not sure he has the $$$ and support to pull off a win tho.

Kirk Cox is fairly conservative but comes off as kinda tired.  He attacked the Stop the Steal rally folks on Jan 6 in a FB post.  I don't see him having much chance of winning convention.

Hopefully the ranked choice voting will come up with a good crowd sourced candidate. Any of the Republicans will be better than any of the Dems.
View Quote

And sadly, Fast Terry will stomp a mudhole in all their asses.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And sadly, Fast Terry will stomp a mudhole in all their asses.
View Quote

Yup this is inevitable. I can remember a split in the top 3 between parties, maybe it will happen again.

The focus needs to be on the HOD.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yup this is inevitable. I can remember a split in the top 3 between parties, maybe it will happen again.

The focus needs to be on the HOD.
View Quote

With voter fraud perhaps but I suspect that many voters are fed up with the schools being shut down.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I got my first Amanda Chase is just another RINO mailer. Reeks of desperation on the senders part.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I got my first Amanda Chase is just another RINO mailer. Reeks of desperation on the senders part.
View Quote

Which candidate sent that email?  People say she can't win a statewide race and that may be true.  However, she checks the most boxes for me.  The fact the establishment R's are trying to sandbag her tells me she is probably the right candidate for me.

Just another indication of how far out of whack Virginia has gone....
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I got the same thing via text message and there wasn't any way to ID who sent it.  But I wouldn't put it past Snyder's people to do it.  They have been sniping heavily at Chase and just today their ads started touting Snyder as the MAGA candidate, trying to steal that from Chase.

I am pretty sure I have an idea of how my Governor and AG vote is going to get ranked but the LT Gov is up in the air.

ETA:  I went back and looked at it again and some group called Patriot Leadership Trust put it out.  Oh and they have only been around for 3 weeks and also put out some deceptive mailers trying to make an attack add look like it came from Cox, who says it didn't and he condemned it .  
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#18]
You guys see the Sergio guy? Seems like a legit conservative.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Which candidate sent that email?  People say she can't win a statewide race and that may be true.  However, she checks the most boxes for me.  The fact the establishment R's are trying to sandbag her tells me she is probably the right candidate for me.

Just another indication of how far out of whack Virginia has gone....
View Quote

Wasn't a candidate but some PAC.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I still don't know who to put for #2 on down for governor and narry a clue for who to do for the other positions, besides the VCDL questionnaire. I always just pretty much ignore the thing until the day before and then make a decision, unless the decision is obvious. Only been an official republican for a year; figured I was tired of bitching of RPV's ineptitude for the past couple decades and do something about it... The real issue isn't the convention, it's apathy after 2020 and turnout.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#21]
For LG I have met Glen Davis several times and have faith in his pro 2A stance.

The one thing VA has going this year is Trump is gone.  That may cause some enthusiasm gap for the other side.  Bidens plans and covid restrictions may help too.  Republicans are still starting 10% down either way based in recent elections and will need lots of things to go their way to win.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#22]
The tea leaves are still unclear, but I guess it depends on who you pay for your polling.

a trusted source for me
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The tea leaves are still unclear, but I guess it depends on who you pay for your polling.

a trusted source for me
View Quote

4000 likely republican delegates. Yeah OK whatever.

Let's put it this way the big push by campaigns to register delegates came from Chase and Snyder.(come to think of it I haven't anything but mailers from Youngkin in Central VA so where is he actually campaigning?)

Anyone I talked to who is a delegate is in no way shape or form is putting Youngkin and Cox anywhere but the two bottom spots. So saying Youngkin is the favorite is kind of laughable.

I really think it will wash out to Snyder when it is all said and done. Now I may eat those words but we shall see.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#24]
So, I'm thinking:

Chase, de la Pena, Snyder, Doran, Cox
Ahluwalia, Davis, and heck I don't know who else for LtGov; all seem mostly cookie cutter.
Smith? I honestly don't know; everyone here is cookie cutter except the guy who didn't respond to VCDL.

Shoot, this is hard.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#25]
I had the "privilege" of voting at Meadow Event Park in Doswell.  A complete charlie foxtrot.  Very inefficient, took well over an hour to get my ballot and I saw several people get fed up and peel out after waiting for 15-20 minutes.  The deputies running traffic were both amused and frustrated at what a clown show it was and many of the poll workers were apologetic about it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I had the "privilege" of voting at Meadow Event Park in Doswell.  A complete charlie foxtrot.  Very inefficient, took well over an hour to get my ballot and I saw several people get fed up and peel out after waiting for 15-20 minutes.  The deputies running traffic were both amused and frustrated at what a clown show it was and many of the poll workers were apologetic about it.
View Quote

Huh totally opposite of my experience voting in Fredericksburg. In and out within 15 minutes. And the line seemed to be moving at a good pace along with the drive up line. Of course I had to drive an hour and a half to get there, which pissed me off when I could have driven 30 minutes to a closer polling station.

Oh and they are saying Miyares I the AG nominee. GOV vote counting is starting up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh and they are saying Miyares I the AG nominee. GOV vote counting is starting up.
View Quote

Chuck Smith would have been excellent for AG, but since we cant have nice things I guess RPV made sure the Red Flag law supporting RINO got in.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Huh totally opposite of my experience voting in Fredericksburg. In and out within 15 minutes. And the line seemed to be moving at a good pace along with the drive up line. Of course I had to drive an hour and a half to get there, which pissed me off when I could have driven 30 minutes to a closer polling station.

View Quote

Could be differences in set ups based on the local parties or the actual location.  For mine, once you got into the main area, you had to branch off to your specific county tent to get the ballot then find your county tent to drop it off.  Plenty of opportunity for screw ups.  I'm sure the ranked balloting slowed things down as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Glenn Youngkin leading after 3 rounds.  

RINO, or not?  
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Glenn Youngkin leading after 3 rounds.  

RINO, or not?  
View Quote

The RPV will get their establishment RINOs, just like hey planned.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I voted for Chase.  Youngkin is surely better than MacAwful.  I will support the winner.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Not sure where or why you heard that Chase had the "inside track.", They specifically went to ranked voting and a bunch of voter ID rules to prevent her from winning the nomination.

At least Youngkin has his wealth to compete against McAuliffe
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#33]
So they declared Yongkin the winner this morning.  Wooooooot........

I have so much enthusiasm for him I can't contain it.

RINO central coming up boys.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#34]
So the question now is will Fast Terry 2.0 beat the shit out of the W RINO by 10% or more than 10%?
Read a faux news article where some dumbass in the RPV said they are in a great position to win. No GOPhas won a statewide election since 09, that ain't gonna change with the crop of shit we have running.
I will, as usual, vote for the RPV shit candidates as voting D is never an option.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So the question now is will Fast Terry 2.0 beat the shit out of the W RINO by 10% or more than 10%?
Read a faux news article where some dumbass in the RPV said they are in a great position to win. No GOPhas won a statewide election since 09, that ain't gonna change with the crop of shit we have running.
I will, as usual, vote for the RPV shit candidates as voting D is never an option.
View Quote

Looks like Youngkin's "If you don't want me, at least put me as 2nd" tactic paid off.  While still an uphill battle, I think the groundwork is there for a R win this year.  Slow Joe is screwing things up left and right, the economy is still not great, the Dems have put criminals ahead of safety, Trump won't be driving out the purple haired weirdos, and Terry is still sleazy.  Clearly, generic rich white guy #25 isn't the best pick to get the base excited, but frankly none of the front runners were going to unify the party and generate excitement.  I think Virginia is a great example of the growing split in the party- the more rural/working class base vs the Chamber of Commerce/business side, and neither side particularly cares for the other.  If Chase had won, the money side would sit out.  I fear with Youngkin, the Tea Party types will sit out.  Hopefully Snyder and Chase will set egos aside and throw full support behind Youngkin, without that, I fear the march to be California-east will just accelerate.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Less than 10%
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Now that it's over have we hit the "muh candidate ain't pure enough" stage of VA GOP politics?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Now that it's over have we hit the "muh candidate ain't pure enough" stage of VA GOP politics?
View Quote

Pretty much...
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course, it is a Va GOP staple. While I may not like Youngkin vs others, I'll still vote for him.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Looks like Youngkin's "If you don't want me, at least put me as 2nd" tactic paid off.  While still an uphill battle, I think the groundwork is there for a R win this year.  Slow Joe is screwing things up left and right, the economy is still not great, the Dems have put criminals ahead of safety, Trump won't be driving out the purple haired weirdos, and Terry is still sleazy.  Clearly, generic rich white guy #25 isn't the best pick to get the base excited, but frankly none of the front runners were going to unify the party and generate excitement.  I think Virginia is a great example of the growing split in the party- the more rural/working class base vs the Chamber of Commerce/business side, and neither side particularly cares for the other.  If Chase had won, the money side would sit out.  I fear with Youngkin, the Tea Party types will sit out.  Hopefully Snyder and Chase will set egos aside and throw full support behind Youngkin, without that, I fear the march to be California-east will just accelerate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't looked hard enough at the groundwork. No Trump is probably a good thing, but the Dems have a vice grip on Va now, they will not be wanting to give it up. Bloomberg is still not happy with his ROI on the dems.
That said, I live in a "reddish" area. I looked up, if I remember correctly, C**nman's election, The Lynchburg, Campbell, Bedford, and Appomattox counties GOP totals were something like 54K, Fairfax county Democrats were something like 340K. There are simply too many of them vs us to out vote. Add in the Va GOP voters Muh Candidate Ain't pure syndrome, and well, I don't have high hopes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I haven't looked hard enough at the groundwork. No Trump is probably a good thing, but the Dems have a vice grip on Va now, they will not be wanting to give it up. Bloomberg is still not happy with his ROI on the dems.
That said, I live in a "reddish" area. I looked up, if I remember correctly, C**nman's election, The Lynchburg, Campbell, Bedford, and Appomattox counties GOP totals were something like 54K, Fairfax county Democrats were something like 340K. There are simply too many of them vs us to out vote. Add in the Va GOP voters Muh Candidate Ain't pure syndrome, and well, I don't have high hopes.
View Quote

You illustrate the problem a lot of states face.  Sea of red with specks of blue, but those blue bits are home to thousands of voters so they control.   It's one of the reasons the RPV needs to field candidates everywhere- while there are thousands of Dem voters in NOVA, there are also thousands of Republicans, who in too many of these races don't have a local reason to come out.  

Those district level people can do a lot of good getting the vote out, but if the average voter feels completely disconnected, they are going to be apathetic.  Loudoun and PWC used to be red bastions, while the population has significantly shifted, they shouldn't be abandoned.  There's at least three seats up there that should be competitive, maybe even winnable, but they need to try.  Helmer, Roem, and Carter are all former Republican seats that could still be flipped back, especially with the Dem's anti LE stance.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Zero enthusiasm for AG and Gov races this November. I’m sure RPV will ensure whichever establishment candidate that they want gets that too.

Maybe by the grace of God we can retake the HoD
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Zero enthusiasm for AG and Gov races this November. I’m sure RPV will ensure whichever establishment candidate that they want gets that too.

Maybe by the grace of God we can retake the HoD
View Quote

GOP has a better chance of taking the governors race, simply because the candidate is willing to spend his own money
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#44]
NPR (may fucks be upon them) has an OK writeup on him,  just as bland and milqtoast as all the other coverage of this guy.

npr dribble and yawn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top