Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2020 2:26:21 PM EDT
Say what you like about House Speaker Mattiello, but he was pretty effective at making sure the worst of the anti gun bills never came out if committee, and no friend to the Progressives who apparently augmented their numbers in RI House/Senate yesterday.

Joseph Shekarchi is NRA-rated "D" (as opposed to Mattiello's "A") is said to have current inside track for House Speaker's post. Senate Pres. Dominic Ruggerio ("A"-rated) apparently held his seat, but remains to be seen whether or not he will remain Senate President.  No telling what kind of deals either one will need to make with the Progs to get/retain leadership position.

Might be time to consider buying 5- or 10-shot "Range-use" mags, if not already done.  Some are already hard to find, and aren't likely to get more common or inexpensive as time goes by.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I conveyed the advantage of having Matiello as Speaker to fellow firearm enthusiasts, but they still voted for Fenton-Fung.

I picked up 5 and 10 round magazines back in the "salad days", but there is still the concern of officials making all other capacity magazines illegal.

I guess I'll store all my 20rd and above magazines with my 80% receivers.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Even worse local news.  He's nominated Blazejewski, a well-known Prog, as House Majority Leader.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top