Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2022 11:00:21 PM EDT
Moving to the Chattanooga area shortly and looking for local matches / shooting spots.  I usually shoot 2 & 3 gun, USPSA and IDPA.  Any recommendations of places in the are?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested in the same information.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Dead Zero is the biggest that I know of in the area, and they generally have several matches a year.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I found a website for the Chattanooga Rifle club, located in Ooltewah that appears to have a few.  Shot them a note for more info, haven't heard back yet.

Will look into Dead Zero - thanks!
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found a website for the Chattanooga Rifle club, located in Ooltewah that appears to have a few.  Shot them a note for more info, haven't heard back yet.

View Quote

@Ranger431 Dead Zero has a small-ish IDPA match monthly.  They are not a currently active USPSA club (they need an MD).  I'm a member there, if you ever want to come up and check out the place.  It's about 30 minutes from me.

The closest club to Chattanooga in TN proper that's doing both IDPA and USPSA is Chattanooga Practical Shooters.  If you do BookFace, you can find them here.

Use Practiscore to find other clubs in GA, AL and NC.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a former member (before we got our own land), Chatt Rifle is the ultimate in Fudd ranges. I mean hard. Some people are good with that which is fine, it’s the best in town for options.

Dead Zero is about 45 minutes west of Chattanooga. They definitely have the newest setup.

There used to be a fairly regular group that shot in Cleveland. I’ll see if I can get a name or if that jogs someone’s memory.

Welcome to town!
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help / suggestions- really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m a member at Cleveland hunting rifle and pistol club.  They do 3 gun and IDPA on certain Saturday’s each month.  Never shot a match though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you- I think I found their website and will check it out!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Too bad Strategic Edge is ~2 hours from Chattahoochie.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m a member at Cleveland hunting rifle and pistol club.  They do 3 gun and IDPA on certain Saturday’s each month.  Never shot a match though.
View Quote

According to the website, it looks like they aren’t accepting new members.  Says there is a waiting list for people with referrals, but I don’t see how to try and get on the list.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

According to the website, it looks like they aren’t accepting new members.  Says there is a waiting list for people with referrals, but I don’t see how to try and get on the list.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does seem to be a theme.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:17:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

According to the website, it looks like they aren't accepting new members.  Says there is a waiting list for people with referrals, but I don't see how to try and get on the list.  
View Quote

The group name up there when I was shooting with them was "Southern Action Shooters" on facebook. It's been a long while since I've been a member there, so things may have changed. IIRC, you didn't need to be a member to shoot the matches, but it was encouraged, so you may want to get ahold of the match director and inquire about that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Ranger431

You don't have to be a member to shoot matches.  If you want to get put on the waiting list for membership, let me know and I can sponsor you.  It usually takes a year or so for a spot to open up.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@Ranger431

You don't have to be a member to shoot matches.  If you want to get put on the waiting list for membership, let me know and I can sponsor you.  It usually takes a year or so for a spot to open up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a member at Cleveland hunting rifle and pistol club.  They do 3 gun and IDPA on certain Saturday's each month.  Never shot a match though.

According to the website, it looks like they aren't accepting new members.  Says there is a waiting list for people with referrals, but I don't see how to try and get on the list.  

@Ranger431

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@Ranger431

View Quote

This is a good point.  In the USPSA world, it's against USPSA rules for an affiliated USPSA club to hold matches at a gun range/club that requires membership at the gun club to participate.  If a gun club requires membership to shoot a USPSA match there, it's not a club where sanctioned USPSA matches can be held.  I've never seen this happen in 11 years of shooting the sport.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top