Posted: 7/3/2017 2:24:20 AM EDT
Can you just go somewhere else this summer?  Yesterday in North Conway:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Ditto
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#2]
They're crawing all over my neck of the woods. Holy shit, they're obnoxious...in and out of their cars.

Shooting in the yard or burning huge brush piles is usually all it takes to make them wet their pants. Burning really seems to scare them for some reason, even with snow on the ground. Can't burn this week but I might be able to get some backyard range time...then I wait for the calls.

Caveat: yes, I know there are some good ones that just happen to be behind enemy lines. I know some. They are also self aware and know that, as a rule, they suck.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
i was just up in conway area last week, massholes constantly beeping at the lights, beeping at the car in front of them letting a guy pull out because traffic was heavy, pulling over to take pictures every 10 feet, etc.

what are some nice towns up there away from the yuppie tourists, i really like the area of conway, but i couldnt live there due to the tourists.

ive been toying around with the idea of moving from CT up there, and ill be the guy to start shooting at 10am, having a fire and some beers inviting the neighbor over etc.
im getting tired of CT's politics and stuckup rich people. i want a quiet area, enough dirt to shoot on without being bothered, and maybe deer and coyote hunt. the town i currently live in ,in eastern CT, WAS a nice quiet farm town before liberal douche bags moved in, vote, and complain about shooting and hunting, and pine sap hitting their hoods of their mercedes.
ct was a nice state to live in before people from NYC moved up here and started to vote morons in office. so i feel your pain.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
They (mostly MA drivers, with a few NY and CT drivers for diversity) always park in front of my store, in the fire lane. Most move their car when told, but some ignore me and just continue into the store to shop, or tell me they will only be a minute. Guess what numb-nuts, everyone who comes in the store (except me) is only here for a minute. They usually walk out swearing when I tell them 'no-service until you more it'.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They (mostly MA drivers, with a few NY and CT drivers for diversity) always park in front of my store, in the fire lane. Most move their car when told, but some ignore me and just continue into the store to shop, or tell me they will only be a minute. Guess what numb-nuts, everyone who comes in the store (except me) is only here for a minute. They usually walk out swearing when I tell them 'no-service until you more it'.
View Quote
Good for you. People that park in handicapped spots that are not handicapped need their ass kicked  to the point of needing a temporary handicapped mirror hanger.

Massholes - New word of the day.

Flames are OK. I am a Texan and used to the abuse.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good for you. People that park in handicapped spots that are not handicapped need their ass kicked  to the point of needing a temporary handicapped mirror hanger.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No flames required. Sounds like you would fit in very well up here.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Was really tempted to use "Masshole" in the thread title.  

Rode my mountain bike on a local rail to trail today.  Apparently, "Bike passing on the left." means your whole clan turns around in disgust about your walk interrupted due to your lack of situational awareness.  Never mind that your party of six are all walking abreast.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can you just go somewhere else this summer?  Yesterday in North Conway:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64530/image-244748.JPG
View Quote

went down to North Conway for dinner with my old lady...ohhh my so many massholes i couldnt bear it
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I live in a border town. They're here all the time. I don't even get a break in the winter. 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I live in a border town. They're here all the time. I don't even get a break in the winter. 
View Quote
We get skiers in the winter. They're the fucking worst because, generally, they've got more coin than the hikers and campers and they go out of their way to act obnoxious. They march through the local businesses like a bunch of entitled assholes thinking that the entire community exists to serve them; almost as if the entire region is an extension of the resort. They don't acknowledge that the area has actual residents leading real lives.

I will admit that at times when my local stores are packed with them, I will let a shirt tail "accidentally" hang behind my pistol just to watch the cocky fleece-wearing fuckers and their overly made-up soccer mom wives turn into silent sniveling weasels. You would think I walked in with a live cobra around my waist. My casual and familiar conversations with the clerks let them know there are real people living here and we do things a little bit differently.

Yes, it's juvenile. But it sure is fun and it actually serves a purpose. I almost never OC, but that's a good time to do it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We get skiers in the winter. They're the fucking worst because, generally, they've got more coin than the hikers and campers and they go out of their way to act obnoxious. They march through the local businesses like a bunch of entitled assholes thinking that the entire community exists to serve them; almost as if the entire region is an extension of the resort. They don't acknowledge that the area has actual residents leading real lives.

I will admit that at times when my local stores are packed with them, I will let a shirt tail "accidentally" hang behind my pistol just to watch the cocky fleece-wearing fuckers and their overly made-up soccer mom wives turn into silent sniveling weasels. You would think I walked in with a live cobra around my waist. My casual and familiar conversations with the clerks let them know there are real people living here and we do things a little bit differently.

Yes, it's juvenile. But it sure is fun and it actually serves a purpose. I almost never OC, but that's a good time to do it.
View Quote
Hehe. 

I don't actively OC, but I don't actively conceal either. I just stopped giving a fuck.
Whatever I feel like wearing, I wear. Sometimes it's plain as day, sometimes it's not. If some fruit from Taxachussetts becomes emotional distraught over it, ZFG.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
yep, and we get them for Skiing/snowmobiling  in the winter, and even in the spring on Tuckermans ravine....then its the ATV trails, the hiking and camping.  I like the hikers and fishermen, its the tourists who RENT atv's and fly around the roads here its an interesting drive every day to work.  At least they give them the little orange flags on the rentals so you can know where they are lol
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
yep, and we get them for Skiing/snowmobiling  in the winter, and even in the spring on Tuckermans ravine....then its the ATV trails, the hiking and camping.  I like the hikers and fishermen, its the tourists who RENT atv's and fly around the roads here its an interesting drive every day to work.  At least they give them the little orange flags on the rentals so you can know where they are lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Generally, the hikers, campers, and fisherman recognize the area they're in for what it is and they sincerely appreciate it. They'd like to live here, if they could, because it offers what they like in life. As a result, they try to blend. They don't want to look like outsiders. They tend to act like people that belong here.

Skiers don't give a fuck and they show it. They're here for the slopes and that's it. In their minds, they're better than us and they make it known.  

That's why I play the little OC game I mentioned above, juvenile as it may be, when they're around. It's fun to watch the faux alpha, who thinks he's an alpha because of money, turn into a bedwetter in an instant. Burning huge fires seems to have the same effect.

Fuck Massholes.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
i was just up in conway area last week, massholes constantly beeping at the lights, beeping at the car in front of them letting a guy pull out because traffic was heavy, pulling over to take pictures every 10 feet, etc.

what are some nice towns up there away from the yuppie tourists, i really like the area of conway, but i couldnt live there due to the tourists.

ive been toying around with the idea of moving from CT up there, and ill be the guy to start shooting at 10am, having a fire and some beers inviting the neighbor over etc.
im getting tired of CT's politics and stuckup rich people. i want a quiet area, enough dirt to shoot on without being bothered, and maybe deer and coyote hunt. the town i currently live in ,in eastern CT, WAS a nice quiet farm town before liberal douche bags moved in, vote, and complain about shooting and hunting, and pine sap hitting their hoods of their mercedes.
ct was a nice state to live in before people from NYC moved up here and started to vote morons in office. so i feel your pain.
View Quote
Gorham
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you for the best laugh today picturing them staring at your gun, you replying, "I am up here Miss.  Welcome to America."
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Generally, the hikers, campers, and fisherman recognize the area they're in for what it is and they sincerely appreciate it.
View Quote
Don't know about campers and fishermen, but fuck the hikers.  I hate hikers, and am not too fond of mountain-bikers either.  I have a couple-mile OHRV trail network on my property, and also have a section with just hiking trails on it.  The occasional mt. biker I see (I'd be on a dirtbike) is always offended at my motor and poo-poos my anti-eco choice of recreation.  They are always surprised when I inform them that they are hereby permanently banned from the trails they are on.  Hee-hee.  The hikers are the worst though - I've never had a garbage problem on any OHRV trail (even from the bicycles), but the hikers are horrible.  Trash everywhere.  Eco-my-ass.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:43:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Don't know about campers and fishermen, but fuck the hikers.  I hate hikers, and am not too fond of mountain-bikers either.  I have a couple-mile OHRV trail network on my property, and also have a section with just hiking trails on it.  The occasional mt. biker I see (I'd be on a dirtbike) is always offended at my motor and poo-poos my anti-eco choice of recreation.  They are always surprised when I inform them that they are hereby permanently banned from the trails they are on.  Hee-hee.  The hikers are the worst though - I've never had a garbage problem on any OHRV trail (even from the bicycles), but the hikers are horrible.  Trash everywhere.  Eco-my-ass.
View Quote
hmm, not sure where you are but I do a lot of hiking right around where I live and the trails are very clean, some more traveled then others but ive never noticed garbage and stuff on the trails.  the atv network where I am is awesome and the local clubs do an excellent job with maintenance too...just my observation I guess
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#21]
My only request when I get a rental car is no MA plates. Those guys are total asshats.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Was up fishing this last week in the North Country (Errol and parts North).

On the way up and back through the Whites I couldn't believe the sheer number of Mass plates.

Back after 9/11 I heard Bush giving a speech and he mealy-mouthed the word "terrorism".

I heard we were now in a "War against tourism" and I thought HOT DAMN!  Now this is something I can get behind!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Lincoln is so overloaded with Massholes it might capsize. 
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thank you for the best laugh today picturing them staring at your gun, you replying, "I am up here Miss.  Welcome to America."
View Quote
I may have to do this.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:16:38 AM EDT
[#25]
My other pet peave on the "M" people is they are always the ones that need to drop people off at the front door of walmart, Supermarket etc.. then basically park right there at the door waiting for them to return blocking traffic flow. Can't just park like normal people they need to offer frigging Limo service to the person they are with. Farkin drives me nuts, watch the next time you are out shopping at what license plate the car parked at the door has...bet it one of those M-holes!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I LOLed for real.

My wife, kids and I were originally from MA, but I don't think I/we was ever a Masshole before moving up. I try to be as courteous as possible until it's time not to be - usually to people from MA . Even though the towns I lived in were relatively conservative, it was still MA, so we decided to get out when the time was right.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I like your analogy, I've had a live cobra around my waist, it gets a good reaction.  I worked with a guy in Alaska who was from Mass.  He fit the stereotype to the T.  He would brag about how he would drive around with his pistol on the dash board so nobody would road rage at him.  Yeah, sure you did.  You can take the man out of Mass but you can't take the ass out of the man.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I like your analogy, I've had a live cobra around my waist, it gets a good reaction.  I worked with a guy in Alaska who was from Mass.  He fit the stereotype to the T.  He would brag about how he would drive around with his pistol on the dash board so nobody would road rage at him.  Yeah, sure you did.  You can take the man out of Mass but you can't take the ass out of the man.
View Quote
The “talkers” are interesting, aren’t they? They seem to have a preconceived notion of how to appear to be a bad ass and they project it, but it doesn’t click with reality.

He was posturing for you because you were from AK and he was from MA and he had to show you his big sack.

While I admit my occasional “accidental” OC can be seen as the same thing, I’m really not trying to impress anybody. It’s more of a reminder to the flatlanders that they’re not in MA anymore and the world is bigger than, and different from, their insulated little subdivision.

They look at us with derision, even when I’m wearing a suit and tie, so I don’t mind taunting them just a little bit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Pardon this Ole saying.
"SO this is tourist season? What is the bag limit?"
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pardon this Ole saying.
"SO this is tourist season? What is the bag limit?"
View Quote
Pests, not game. So, like red squirrels, no closed season, no bag limit.

I could swear I remember seeing that in the F&G rules somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#31]
paging surf to the white courtesy phone, please!

thanks!

yourang

(just realized i cant message you)
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
paging surf to the white courtesy phone, please!

thanks!

yourang

(just realized i cant message you)
View Quote
@yourang
If you put an @ in front of the user name it will ping the user.  like @Surf for instance.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#33]
thanks raptorfuel

i appreciate the help
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#34]
didnt seem to work
can you reach out for me, please?
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#35]
success.....contact establshed.....thanks!
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Ironic user name.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#37]
had a job in the service industry and had to jump high when summoned......always on call....

glad those days are over, but i kept the handle because the wounds heal but the scars never go away
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
had a job in the service industry and had to jump high when summoned......always on call....

glad those days are over, but i kept the handle because the wounds heal but the scars never go away
View Quote
Been a manager at a resort hotel for over 20 years...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top