Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2021 8:25:35 AM EDT
Hey all,

Making a quick jaunt down from Indiana for a little weekend fun as the g/f and I are kid free for the first time in a few months.  Was going to do some cave tours Saturday.  I noticed it appears Diamond Caverns and Lost River are open, but checking Mammoth's site, it's a bit tough to tell if the cave tours are open there.  Haven't been there since I was a kid (family used to live around Paducah).

Also any non-extreme vehicle trails around there suitable for a stock GX470? Just want to get out in some scenery and have some fun.  We will be heading down tonight after my son goes to his mom's and her daughter goes to her dad's.  About a 5 hour drive down, going to book a hotel tonight and hit the ground running tomorrow.  Any other recommendations of things to see/do in that semi-immediate area? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A suggestion. Check out Kentucky Downunder in Horse Cave. You actually get to go into a very large fenced in area with several kangaroos, emus, etc and feed/hang out with them. It also includes a nice cave tour. Also, right downtown in Horse Cave there is a cave tour with a small zip line and rappelling as side attractions. Check Groupon for deals on everything.
View Quote

I can vouch for this. My kids had a blast at Kentucky Downunder! Groupon is where we found some pretty big discounts on admission.

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#3]
A friend of mine tried to go to Mammoth cave a few weeks ago and it was sold out for the day...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top