BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We’re leaving next January. I’ve been here 5 years. I can’t wait to leave.
View Quote
58 for me... Where I want to move will be like the Sierra's... I know I will miss something's, family, friends... I can travail back and be a tourist...
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I voted other.  Believe it or not I would consider moving back.  I could afford to live decently (If someone makes me an offer!) and am mobile.

I can tell you that the weather and sunshine make up for a lot of the other crap for me, not to mention things to do.  5 months of winter are more than I care to endure.

Politics?  They suck and I would work to change it.

Tell me I'm crazy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I voted other.  Believe it or not I would consider moving back.  I could afford to live decently (If someone makes me an offer!) and am mobile.

I can tell you that the weather and sunshine make up for a lot of the other crap for me, not to mention things to do.  5 months of winter are more than I care to endure.

Politics?  They suck and I would work to change it.

Tell me I'm crazy.
View Quote
You aren't crazy, I could move back, and it would be like I never left, I spent the first 26 years of my life there, and will always call it home, as it will always be my home, and when I die it is where I will return. I love California for the weather, women, and fun, if I was still single, but I love my Hobby of owning and collecting firearms, and thankfully for me, if I ever decided to move back to CA which there is always a possibility as I have family still there, and do end up out there from time to time to handle family matters, or to look after my nieces when necessary, I have a home no matter what on the other side of the TN border in NC where I could store them away, as it will be my place to inherit. Would I go back to living there permanently, hell no, but visiting for a month or two, is perfectly fine with me, and is always fun to catch up with my close friends and family! It is always like I never left when I come back. Every time I drive across that border back into CA, or land at John Wayne, the minute I step out of the car or off the plane, I feel like I'm back in my natural skin, its like I resort back to myself, and my natural mentality, and way of thinking, almost like dumbing myself down, or making things more simple to go along with the fast pace if that makes any sense lol, and not how I've adjusted to living outside of the state, I know its hard to explain, but I hope it makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
dont worry, you guys all move to Phoenix and then vote democrat so every state will be California, thanks...
View Quote
Damn right. Arizona's leftist population is solely due to leftists from Cali moving into your desert bastion of freedom. All the illegals and home grown leftists are doing nothing to affect your politics...

...you:

Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I clicked "other" because I got out over 15 years ago.

I still visit from time to time and it makes me sad. Most of my friends want out of CA and ask me about AZ all the time.  At least a few of them voted for Obama and are somewhat left, so I make sure I sell the extreme AZ heat issue to them.  A video of an egg frying on the sidewalk helps sell it.

I saw the mention of Tennessee.  Most of my wife's family moved from N. San Diego or Riverside counties to Tn.  I think the reasons were cheap land and no tax on retirement.  I would be interested to know if there are additional incentives. @InfamousAK
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Stats as of today

3 plan to stay no matter what.

35 plan to leave no matter what.

1 wants to stay but cannot.

36 want to leave but cannot.

8 voted other.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
That makes -

5% in favor of staying (plan or want).

92% in favor of leaving (plan or want).

4% "Other" : removed 5 who explained their vote of "Other" as having already left.

Whoa!, no wonder there are not enough votes to overturn the anti-gun agenda out here.  The pro-gun people are gone or are leaving in droves (92%).
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I clicked "other" because I got out over 15 years ago.

I still visit from time to time and it makes me sad. Most of my friends want out of CA and ask me about AZ all the time.  At least a few of them voted for Obama and are somewhat left, so I make sure I sell the extreme AZ heat issue to them.  A video of an egg frying on the sidewalk helps sell it.

I saw the mention of Tennessee.  Most of my wife's family moved from N. San Diego or Riverside counties to Tn.  I think the reasons were cheap land and no tax on retirement.  I would be interested to know if there are additional incentives. @InfamousAK
View Quote
@wildearp What you want to know personally? Feel free to IM me on anything specific, don't mind you coming to TN, although make sure you vote correctly, a lot of EXCALPAT's tend to bring their shit voting record to where they migrate to, I trust that won't be an issue, I don't want my little paradise and new adopted home State to get ruined like my actual Home State. Send me an IM on anything specific, or feel free to ask it here, but TN IMHO was definitely not my first choice, but it worked it out better, and carved myself out a little corner of Conservative Values, and my enthusiasm for firearms  for ridiculously cheap, and spacious, and I don't want a bunch of imported voters fucking that up for me, by tipping the balance, and yes I'm selfish lol , and I don't want to have to move my shit again.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Since moving to California, I have voted in every election for which I was eligible - representatives, judges, governors, ballot propositions,...

I can say without reservation that almost everything I voted for DID NOT PASS or was later killed in the courts.

Furthermore, I can also say that almost everything I voted against DID PASS.  I have voted against tax increases and deficit spending.

So, if you look at the state of affairs in California and do not like what you see, do not blame it on me.  Whatever it is you dislike, most likely I voted against it.  

My most notable success is voting in favor of Proposition 13.  That was important back then.  It is important today.

Anyone remember Judge Rose Bird?  That was a while ago.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That makes -

5% in favor of staying (plan or want).

92% in favor of leaving (plan or want).

4% "Other" : removed 5 who explained their vote of "Other" as having already left.

Whoa!, no wonder there are not enough votes to overturn the anti-gun agenda out here.  The pro-gun people are gone or are leaving in droves (92%).
View Quote
A lot also no longer bother to vote, despairing of hope, which is understandable.  Many won't even sign petitions or anything, as I discovered as a volunteer for Veto Gunmageddon.  Heck, quite a few are not even registered to vote, despite being eligible.

Then you have the Republicans in certain urban and suburban areas that have become basically Centre-Right at best.  They may or may not identify as conservatives, but they certainly are not anywhere close if you actually look at their beliefs, and their beliefs tend to cause them to find more common cause with Democrats than fellow Republicans at times, so they vote Democrat or stay home instead of voting for Republicans that they don't like for being too far to the Right, or having too negative an image, or being on the opposite side of an issue where they are on the Left.  This dynamic was clearly in play in Orange County.

Right now, not many people are coming into California who are not either immigrants (legal or illegal), coming to work for one of the Left-leaning tech companies and the like, or are Leftists from Red States who hate their home and would rather be in California (at least until they realize how expensive it is).  Most new voters are the progeny of immigrants or from one of the above groups, so we are getting way more new Leftist voters than Rightist ones.

And, of course, plenty of those on the Right are leaving and have been for some time.  It should be noted that a lot of Leftists have been leaving as well, though; not sure how that balances out.  Enough of all stripes are leaving that the influx of immigrants and their children born here are the only thing keeping California's population from outright declining, and even that may not hold up for long.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Since moving to California, I have voted in every election for which I was eligible - representatives, judges, governors, ballot propositions,...

I can say without reservation that almost everything I voted for DID NOT PASS or was later killed in the courts.

Furthermore, I can also say that almost everything I voted against DID PASS.  I have voted against tax increases and deficit spending.

So, if you look at the state of affairs in California and do not like what you see, do not blame it on me.  Whatever it is you dislike, most likely I voted against it.  

My most notable success is voting in favor of Proposition 13.  That was important back then.  It is important today.

Anyone remember Judge Rose Bird?  That was a while ago.
View Quote
Sounds like way I voted,seems like my vote never gets counted.
Nine years left before retirement  to figure out where to move to.
Been eyeing Oregon coast but it is very liberal. Do not like heat so Texas is out for me.
Born and raised in California but I know it getting time to leave.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sounds like way I voted,seems like my vote never gets counted.
Nine years left before retirement  to figure out where to move to.
Been eyeing Oregon coast but it is very liberal. Do not like heat so Texas is out for me.
Born and raised in California but I know it getting time to leave.
View Quote
Tennessee my friend! I wanted Oregon myself, but the lefties in Portland snagged the state up unfortunately, but if Jefferson ever is successful in breaking from CA, that's where I'll head for sure, I love me some Redwoods!
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 1:23:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I am fucking out of here. Fully moved to Idaho by August 15th.  As a self employed roofing contractor I get raped by the state on so many levels it's insane. 6k a year for work comp that the state forces me to pay and that I have to exclude myself from.  Well thank you fucking for nothing lol.

I have lived here for 40 years of my 43 years on this planet and have come to the point that I  hate almost everything about this state.  At some point you have to cut bait and call a spade a spade,

I wish you gents the best in your endeavors

I voted other as I am already a homeowner in Idaho and half moved

CC
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't want to leave, I want the politics to change
View Quote
Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Welp, I just got good/bad news today. The company I work for will be closing this plant in 60 to 120 days. My department may be there a little longer but within the next 4 to 5 months I will be Arizona bound. I have lived all but 51 or my 54 years here. I'll miss my friends and the canyon roads for motorcycling when I leave but it's for the better.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Both my family and Ma Danby's families have been in the LA area for several generations.  Almost all of our extended families are here.    We enjoy all the pluses that only the true native can find.

But looking at the politics and the inevitability of taxes mushrooming to meet all the political and fiscal promises, we can't see any way we want to be the last taxpayers.  Family matters now have us kind of stuck, but uhh, we are going to leave.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Mayor of Laguna Hills (a wealthy area), Don Sedgwick (R), understands and was willing to speak on the issue.

FoxNews article entitles, "CA mayor on exodus from blue states: 'I can't blame them'"

Nothing really new but it is interesting to hear it from one of them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:41:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
58 for me... Where I want to move will be like the Sierra's... I know I will miss something's, family, friends... I can travail back and be a tourist...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We’re leaving next January. I’ve been here 5 years. I can’t wait to leave.
We didn’t even make it to January. We celebrated Christmas in Texas.

We tried to make it work. California is a beautiful state. But CA doesn’t want us. I wish you all the best of luck, but I couldn’t take it anymore.

ETA: The official greeting of San Antonio is, “Are you military?”.
Me: No, I got out a long time ago.
Everyone: Retired military?
Me: No.
Everybody: DOD?
Me: No, just a disabled veteran. Nobody special.
Everybody: Welcome home, brother.

ALL my neighbors are veterans or retired military. The family that gave up our house PCS’d to Ft. Knox. Friends from the military I haven’t seen in 30+ years have been reaching out to me because they retired in TX including my old Squadron Commander and Platoon Sergeant. It’s an odd feeling. I’ve been out a long time and never felt comfortable asking for military discounts or even mentioning I was a veteran, but around here you get asked everywhere you go. It feels odd, but it’s welcoming.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
I want to believe...
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's the ideal situation but it doesn't seem likely.

For now, work keeps me here, but I don't think I'll stay long term, the way things are going. Not only with guns but the whole slide into communism.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top