Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2019 10:53:07 AM EDT
I just received a NRA-ILA notice that a committee hearing on Legislative Doc 1312 will be held 4/22/19.

The ILA's summary of the document:
"Legislative Document 1312, sponsored by Sen. Rebecca Millett (D-29), would establish “extreme risk protection orders” that would be issued in an ex parte manner to suspend Second Amendment rights following baseless accusations without adequate due process protections.  The respondent would not have the opportunity to challenge the allegations made against them or provide evidence in their own defense before their Second Amendment rights are taken away.  Further, because there’s no limit to the number of order renewals, a respondent could face a potential lifetime ban on firearm ownership without any criminal convictions ever occurring.  This legislation lacks due process protections, contains low evidentiary standards, lacks mental health treatment or evaluation requirements, and offers no privacy to the petitioner or the respondent."

Link to LD1312 pdf

Presented by Senator MILLETT of Cumberland.
Cosponsored by Representative CARDONE of Bangor, Speaker GIDEON of Freeport and
Senators: CARSON of Cumberland, GRATWICK of Penobscot, MIRAMANT of Knox,
Representatives: BAILEY of Saco, HARNETT of Gardiner, HYMANSON of York,
McCREIGHT of Harpswell, RECKITT of South Portland.

I'm leaving the state soon, but I would like Mainers to continue enjoying the freedoms I have had while I've lived here.

NRA-ILA's LD1312 contact page
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
That cardone bitch is bad news.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I notice the co-sponsors are all from liberal strongholds.
AND the SOBs have the population to support 'em.
Maine needs to be divided.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I notice the co-sponsors are all from liberal strongholds.
AND the SOBs have the population to support 'em.
Maine needs to be divided.
View Quote
The state is lost.

Maine is now where CT was in the early 80's. We will waffle back-and-forth over the next few elections until we establish a permanent 1 party rule.

In the interim, dems will pass tax hikes and gun control laws at every opportunity. The useless Republicans will occasionally talk about it, but in the end won't actually DO anything about it during the few short windows they have. There'll always be something more important which, by they way, they won't do either.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Miss you guys, glad I left.
Been 7 years now and still have friends that wish they did the same.

Still room up here...
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Miss you guys, glad I left.
Been 7 years now and still have friends that wish they did the same.

Still room up here...
View Quote
I'm eyeballing Kansas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top