Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2020 3:20:56 PM EDT
Hello my northern brethren.

I'm planning my buddy's bachelor weekend and we're looking at driving up and hiking Mount Katahdin. I was looking for tips on the hike itself, (routes, start points, etc) and also lodging.

We'd like to stay within 30 minutes of the mountain.

We're most likely going to be tent camping. Any preferred camp grounds/RV parks in the area?

Also what other fun things are there to do around there?

Thanks for any tips guy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Never done it myself, but one thing I am sure folks will want to know... what time of year?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never done it myself, but one thing I am sure folks will want to know... what time of year?
View Quote
A date would definitely help. We're looking some time in July, maybe August.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
@lostman518

IM inbound. I can help with lots of good info.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#5]
July and August are the busiest times of year in the Park. You may want to visit the reservations site:

Baxter State Park Reservations
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@lostman518

IM inbound. I can help with lots of good info.
View Quote
Renewed my membership so my message box isn't 880% full anymore. Please send again.

Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top