Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2018 12:44:09 PM EDT
Well it's that time again...
I see Eric Brakey is running against Angus King for US senate.
Remember Mr. Brakey sponsored the bill to get us Constitutional Carry.
I, for one support him. Hope you do too.
Ballotpedia has all your candidates listed as well as Bond & Initiative questions.
Just enter your addy... email not required.
Since the Kavanaugh debacle I'm in vendetta mode!
If there's a D by the name... they're Done.
What say the hive???
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
OP nailed it. Get out to vote!
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Wife and I went to our town office and voted today :)
Bullet voted the damned rank choice and NO down the line on the other ones
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm right there with you on that.  Moody got a smear piece put out on him today.  Guess the new Democrat strategy is dig up any woman and have them claim impropriety.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The sad part is... Angus has the name and is incumbent. He also has the bankroll behind him.
His signs are appearing all over the downeast area but none for Eric.
When King was Gov. we had a major ice storm devastate a good part of Hancock and Washington counties.
I lived within eyesight of a biofuel powerplant (wood chips) in Jonesboro and they were up to capacity but not on line due to an argument with Bangor Hydro over a few cents per kilowatthour.
King didn't have the balls to say "put it online and settle the difference in court", so we sat in the darkness for 2+ weeks.
I have no use for AK and will never support the sob.
Screw all these wishy-washy cucks...
I'm voting straight (R)
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:15:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Bond measures...
Raise X-million = State tax increase.
Matching grant = Federal tax increase.
Therefore bond issues = Tax me more!
People just don't get it..
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Got another voter in the house. Gotta get him registered this week hopefully haha
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:45:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got another voter in the house. Gotta get him registered this week hopefully haha
View Quote
Cool Beans!
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If there's a D by the name... they're Done.
View Quote
This, I voted by absentee ballot because I’ll be in Germany on Election Day.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget to Vote NO on Question 1.

We've gotta get Moody elected.  Janet Mills would be a disaster as Governor.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Definitely NO on one.. It's a major rip-off!
Straight R ticket here.
Going for Eric Brakey...Angus has to go.
Remember, Brakey got us Constitutional Carry!
AND am down voting every damned bond question.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#12]
brakeys new radio add is amusing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah I dunno about the governor's race.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Already voted cuz I’ll be away in Salem Twp hunting on Election Day.

Voted the R ticket and voted no on the bonds.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Any one have any numbers on moody , how's it looking for him ??

I pray mills does not get it !!
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Polls have her up by varying amounts but are leftist run orgs that did the two I've seen.  I'd say it's dead heat if I had to guess.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Polls have her up by varying amounts but are leftist run orgs that did the two I've seen.  I'd say it's dead heat if I had to guess.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't that the same way the last time Paul LePage ran?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Well gang, it's down to the wire...
Tomorrow tells all..
IF.. the dems take the house, Pelosi is the speaker!
2 heartbeats away from the Presidency!
Maxine Watters will control finances in a big way.
Get the hell out there and vote!!
Make calls, send texts, offer rides..
Do whatever you can to keep the ship on an even keel!
And most of all pray a little...it can't hurt.
Thanks..
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#20]
turnout will be interesting, not sure how much southern maine turn out there will be. No real motivating ballot questions etc for the left this time.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Me and the kid are going down in the am and the wife after work.

Never been so anxious about election day..
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Wife and I will be out to vote tomorrow. Straight R for us as well as it has always been. Not all of us transplants are bad...
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#23]
So hows the ranked vote thing work if you only vote for 1 person and leave the rest blank?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So hows the ranked vote thing work if you only vote for 1 person and leave the rest blank?
View Quote
If that candidate is elimated you just don't have a second choice that's all. And the instructions in the booth explain that with examples.

My rural polling station was pretty busy.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#25]
My towns polling place is ~1/2 mile from here.
Small town ~350 people plus some from the unorganized township next to us.
I went by around 1PM.
There are 4 booths. All full. 6 folks in front of me.
I asked the lady (I know her) if there had been a good turn out & she said it's been steady all day.
Cast my ballots and when I put them in the box it was pretty well stuffed.
There were 6-7 people in line waiting to vote as I left.
Now we wait...
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Well folks, The disease has spread northward and taken over the state of Maine. It may be terminal.

I would consider myself included in the group of people everyone says we need to attract and keep in this state..Relatively young..ish...skilled and looking to start a family. But honestly with the results of yesterday and the way the state is going I seriously do not consider staying here to be a smart decision either politically or economically and this is becoming less and less of a place I would want to raise a family with each passing day.

Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Eeek. Janet Mills, Anus King. Things don't look good up there. Good luck guys. I think I got out just in time. It's not much better here though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well folks, The disease has spread northward and taken over the state of Maine. It may be terminal.

I would consider myself included in the group of people everyone says we need to attract and keep in this state..Relatively young..ish...skilled and looking to start a family. But honestly with the results of yesterday and the way the state is going I seriously do not consider staying here to be a smart decision either politically or economically and this is becoming less and less of a place I would want to raise a family with each passing day.

View Quote
My wife and I are in your same situation. I'm just tired of hearing the indoctrinated drones going on and on every day - it's been isolating. I'm officially departing in 13 months and heading back West.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#29]
It should be interesting to see if Poliquin challenges the results if he wins the vote but loses due to ranked choice.
I have to think that ranked choice will get shot down by the courts.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I have to think that ranked choice will get shot down by the courts.
View Quote
I hope to hell you're right..
What a convoluted mess that process is!
I was hoping the .gov would stay R and that Brakey could knock King out.
...6 more years of that wishy-washy squash head...
Maybe we can knock Collins out next time she's up..
Washington county held it's own with the R's except one.
I see all the "TAX ME MORE" bond issues passed..
...sigh...
Hang tough gang & find something good to do for someone tomorrow.
..FN..
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not happy but not surprised either. Retirement is 5-6 years away. Not sure this is where I will retire although I have a wife to convince. Options are dwindling every year though, look at Montana, they re elected that shitbag tester. Good God, my whole country is headed off the cliff
View Quote
Agreed.  I moved out from the iron curtain of NY 3 years ago.  Unfortunately alot of the transplants coming in are Boston shit birds and the FSA are alive and strong in alot of towns here.  I purposely parked myself fairly close to the NH border in case Maine went full retard.  Reality is the places to flee to are getting smaller and smaller.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not happy but not surprised either. Retirement is 5-6 years away. Not sure this is where I will retire although I have a wife to convince. Options are dwindling every year though, look at Montana, they re elected that shitbag tester. Good God, my whole country is headed off the cliff
View Quote
Hey big guy, you are welcome here. We can shoot together again and the weather is better.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#36]

I got nothing COC compliant
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Even with these turds in office this state is still a great place.  Sad these kids have no idea what theyre doing to the country by voting in dems.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:22:58 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm hoping it goes away.. the whole concept is ripe for corruption.
Bangor Daily has a front page piece the the majority wanted it expanded
While we're at it lets establish a state electoral college!
That would 'splode some heads in Portland
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Have mills or the dems announced any new legislative drives for the incoming admin?

For as good as ME has been on guns, I can see that changing real quick...
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#44]
The way I see it, all those crap bills that we defeated in the last few years are going to come back and get pushed through with ease now.

Red flag, bump stock ban, likely some form of a magazine ban and age restriction...
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I hope you’re wrong Chris, but I fear you are right,,,,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have mills or the dems announced any new legislative drives for the incoming admin?

For as good as ME has been on guns, I can see that changing real quick...
I hope you’re wrong Chris, but I fear you are right,,,,
It's got me worried enough I'm contemplating what it would take to pull the plug.

ME has been mostly dem before (and for long periods of time too), but things have changed with gun control and it happens quick now.

FL, WA, VT...
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey guys, I left Maine for greener pastures after 40 years of The Pine Tree. Alaska has been awesome, but it is not the garden of Eden. I love it here, but healthcare is difficult. We have to travel to Seattle for decent cancer care and my wife is gone for a month at a time on occasion. Think about moving, I get it. Also think about what is offered in your area for services. We have great insurance, but we are 1000 miles away from a hospital that knows more than dogs and MERSA.
Our State Gov is changing for the better and I hope Maine will be ok. I have no wisdom to share other than your friends make your home worth while. Miss you guys a bit and I wish I could share things here with you all.

The boy is all grown up and living in Oregon and happy. Has decent work, I have most of his guns for safekeeping.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I left Maine for greener pastures after 40 years of The Pine Tree. Alaska has been awesome, but it is not the garden of Eden. I love it here, but healthcare is difficult. We have to travel to Seattle for decent cancer care and my wife is gone for a month at a time on occasion. Think about moving, I get it. Also think about what is offered in your area for services. We have great insurance, but we are 1000 miles away from a hospital that knows more than dogs and MERSA.
Our State Gov is changing for the better and I hope Maine will be ok. I have no wisdom to share other than your friends make your home worth while. Miss you guys a bit and I wish I could share things here with you all.

The boy is all grown up and living in Oregon and happy. Has decent work, I have most of his guns for safekeeping.
View Quote
You know, I was actually thinking about getting the hometown shoot going again this coming year, after far too long.

It won't be the same without you guys though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:23:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You know, I was actually thinking about getting the hometown shoot going again this coming year, after far too long.

It won't be the same without you guys though.
View Quote
If you do, let me know. It's not uncommon for Alaskans to travel for a long weekend. Really, If I have fair warning.
I can bring moose again and king crab and salmon and and and... It's only 24000 airmiles and I think I have 80000 +
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top