Posted: 1/12/2021 9:06:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Surely at the behest of the Democrats.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't mind, I'd like to post a larger chunk of the message so folks can read if they don't get the message:

***NOTE:  Mailchimp has just blocked VCDL from putting out VA-ALERTS, so we are sending this alert out to VCDL members only using our membership system.  This email will repeat, hopefully very soon, once we have moved over to a new system so that everyone gets a copy.  In the meantime forward this to others if you can do so.***

1. VCDL statement on Lobby Day 2021, January 18
2. Exact location for the Hampton main-caravan starting point
3. Roanoke hearing on local gun-control postponed
4. Virginia Citizens Armory in Purcellville is doing a sub-caravan to Fairfax County main-caravan starting point
5. Social Media censorship in full swing: AR15.com booted off GoDaddy
6. Alexandria passes local gun control and then has to ask ATF to help with large increase in gunfire incidents!  We told them so.
7. The Gold Standard for the Defensive Use of Firearms in Virginia

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. VCDL statement on Lobby Day 2021, January 18

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Some have wondered if Lobby Day would be canceled or changed due to the events at the U.S. Capitol back on January 6.  The answer is no.  Lobby Day is on track for next Monday, January 18.  Lobby Day in 2021 is like all our other previous Lobby Days - we are peacefully lobbying to protect our rights, we are not protesting anything.  There are times and places for protests, but Lobby Day is not one of them.

We cannot cancel our events every time the rumor mill starts talking about possible problems caused by provocateurs.  If we did, we would have no more events and no voice in the fight to protect the right to keep and bear arms.  Gun grabbers would make sure there would always be some "threat" to shut down our events.  

Right on queue there are reports that all 50 states could have armed protesters over the election, with some potentially creating violence at their capitols.  Luckily for us, we aren't protesting, the Capitol is closed anyway, and we are just driving through.

I'm sure you remember all the threats that were supposedly going to happen at last year's Lobby Day.  We were told by various sources that Antifa, white supremacists, the government, and anarchists, were all planning to disrupt the event with violence.  We were told by various pundits that we were being put into a cage to be slaughtered, like buffalos herded to a cliff.  The Governor declared a state of emergency, banned guns on Capitol Square, caged in the Capitol Square and required screening of all individuals entering the cage, brought in loads of police from across the state, and even had a "no fly zone" over Richmond.  Many called for VCDL to cancel that Lobby Day due to the potential for violence.  

We didn't cancel.  Gun owners showed up in huge numbers - over 50,000 attended.  Lobby Day went off without a hitch, with so many telling me that was one of the best events they had ever been to.  The patriotism and camaraderie that day was wonderful and the magnitude of the event shook up the General Assembly and helped VCDL kill most of the gun-control bills, including bans on semi-automatic rifles.  The gun-control bills that passed were greatly watered down.

Could something potentially happen?  Sure.  That's always true.  But liberty and freedom are worth the risk.  There should be plenty of police to deal with anyone committing an act of violence.  

Here are some key points about Lobby Day 2021:

VCDL is peacefully lobbying the General Assembly to protect our gun rights. Wearenotprotesting anything that day
Vehicles should be clearly marked in support of our gun rights. Awards going tobest decked-out vehicles
VCDL has a hotline to the Virginia State Police, Richmond Police, and Capitol Police, should we need tocontact each other, just like in the past. VCDL has a great working relationship with law enforcement andwe expect they will be every bit as professional this year as they were last year
VCDL will have a command center to help coordinate the caravans, live streamspeakers and information to your smart phones, and provide electronic mapsshowing the current location of the caravans so that you can merge in as theypass your location
FRS, GMRS, and HAM radio frequencies will be announced for communicationbetween vehicles in the caravans. HAMs will be helping us to automatically trackthe sub-caravans, too. (HUGEresponse from HAMs when the call went out forhelp with Lobby Day!)
If you have a dash cam, leave it on to document the trip
Be a citizen journalist. When Lobby Day is over send us your best photos and/orvideos. We will use some of them to create an electronic photo-album on LobbyDay 2021
While we encourage everyone to stay in the caravan, if you decide to walk aroundRichmond: 1) don't block sidewalks or streets and 2) be aware that some of thestreets surrounding the Capitol may be gun-free zones if an event is happening atthe Capitol. In that case, there will be signs and if the police notice you have afirearm, they will advise you to move outside the event perimeter. Just comply andthings will go smoothly.
Green Top has run out of flags and other items and they were stocked, andrestocked, heavily! They will be restocked again later today, thanks to Tom Gee,who is driving the items down from Fredericksburg to Ashland. Green Top will nowhave magnets and stickers, as well as more signs and flags. Be sure to get yourLobby Day items for your vehicle soon - there are stores across the state that aredistributing them. Locations and information ishere.
New VCDL ad: https://youtu.be/HvzFTsMs2O4

2. Exact location for the Hampton main-caravan starting point

The Hampton main-caravan is going to start at Parking Lot "D" of the Hampton Coliseum at 11:30 AM on January 18.

Hampton Coliseum parking lot "D" is a dirt parking lot on the left side of Convention Center Blvd. as you approach the Coliseum. Geographic location is 37°02'17.4"N 76°22'35.6"W.  The PLUS Code, which is unique to Google Maps, for that lot is 2JQF+79 Hampton, Virginia.  Lot "D" is marked in orange below.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surely at the behest of the Democrats.
View Quote

It looks like AR15.com got booted too and went to backup. I'm noticing a lot of information missing like the VCDL banner many of us had.

Look at the message I pasted... ar15.com got booted from godaddy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The Demonrats are gleefully using this “crisis” as an opportunity to destroy the 1st Amendment, what’s left of the 2nd Amendment, soon to be followed by the rest of the Bill of Rights and Constitution.  Never let a good crisis go to waste.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Demonrats are gleefully using this “crisis” as an opportunity to destroy the 1st Amendment, what’s left of the 2nd Amendment, soon to be followed by the rest of the Bill of Rights and Constitution.  Never let a good crisis go to waste.
View Quote

It's kind of a loophole. Private companies have a right on what sort of content they want to show. Problem is when millions of people are using that platform and their opinions can be shaped by those companies, then I believe the company has to ensure both sides of the opinions are shown but not unrestricted.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It looks like AR15.com got booted too and went to backup. I'm noticing a lot of information missing like the VCDL banner many of us had.

Look at the message I pasted... ar15.com got booted from godaddy.
View Quote

It appears all badges, except years of membership, are gone.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Who does mailchimp approve of? I'll boycott those businesses and organizations.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who does mailchimp approve of? I'll boycott those businesses and organizations.
View Quote

seriously anyone know?
How about everyone try to go to thier website at the same time and see if we can shut it down
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's kind of a loophole. Private companies have a right on what sort of content they want to show. Problem is when millions of people are using that platform and their opinions can be shaped by those companies, then I believe the company has to ensure both sides of the opinions are shown but not unrestricted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I generally agree with giving deference to private companies to operate their businesses as they see fit, I think there are other considerations in this case. I don’t know the details of this incident or some of the other deplatformings (like AR15.com or Parler) but if Mailchimp (or Amazon, Google, Apple, GoDaddy, etc.) violated the terms of their service or contract they may have had with VCDL, AR15.com or Parler, they are clearly in the wrong,  Unfortunately, resolving those contract violations typically takes months/years to work through the legal system.  And by that time your business may have suffered irreparable harm as a result. Further, when companies like Amazon, Google, and Apple act in unison to target a company like Parler, that potentially violates anti-trust laws.

I don’t know about Mailchimp specifically, but most of these big tech companies like Amazon, Google, Apple, Fakebook, Twitter, etc. and the Democrats who are now cheering them on wrap themselves in the 1st Amendment while doing their best to undermine and destroy the 1st Amendment behind the scenes. Now they’re not even being subtle about it. As a private company, if you want to restrict who can use your product or service and how, go ahead, but don’t turn around and then lecture me and the rest of the public about how committed you are to the 1st Amendment, tolerance, freedom of expression, etc.  I’m not going to legitimize the notion that censorship and discrimination based on one’s political beliefs are somehow compatible with the 1st Amendment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top