Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2022 8:36:04 PM EDT
Just spit balling here but I did not buy all my shit so I can take it with me when I die. I want to pass on everything I have to my son who has no idea how many/how much I actually have.

Since mags cannot be inherited under ESSB 5078 would placing all of them in my NFA trust hold water? It isn't selling them or transferring them, they would be property of the trust prior to July 1 with my son and wife as trustees.

Thoughts from yall, maybe a number for a well versed NFA attorney I can pay for an hour consult.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the exact same thoughts. Interested to hear where this goes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there any federal or state law that has an age requirement for owning firearm magazines?  

My parents bought me series EE bonds when I was growing up.

What a waste.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just spit balling here but I did not buy all my shit so I can take it with me when I die. I want to pass on everything I have to my son who has no idea how many/how much I actually have.

Since mags cannot be inherited under ESSB 5078 would placing all of them in my NFA trust hold water? It isn't selling them or transferring them, they would be property of the trust prior to July 1 with my son and wife as trustees.

Thoughts from yall, maybe a number for a well versed NFA attorney I can pay for an hour consult.
View Quote
Following. I had the same thoughts. Also about the evil scary "ghost guns".
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#4]
How old is your son? Just give him the magazines now if you know what I mean and call it good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How old is your son? Just give him the magazines now if you know what I mean and call it good.
View Quote

Using the trust would allow all members of the trust to posses / use them….. I think. The trust would continue from generation to generation and hopefully protect the Mags, Rifle, SBR, etc…
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Have mine through guntrust. Called them last year and asked the same question. They said they wernt sure how it would work until a law actually went into effect. Probably should call them again

Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Since NFA is Federal, can you even do this?
It would be like placing an automatic knife in one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's your question?
My trust is full of NFA items, as are millions of other peoples.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 2:08:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

What good would a few pieces of paper do, really? The only reason to have a trust was to purchase NFA items before 41F, if you had one for some other reason you wasted money and time on it.

The state will not care if your items are listed on a trust schedule after you are dead, they will take the shit regardless.

On top of, a lot of you guys are reading too much into this. The mag ban will not stop me from freely possessing, trading, selling, buying, manufacturing and or maintaining any magazine. Period. It is the same reason I don’t slow down when I’m going 20 over and I see Washington state patrol, I gives a fuck.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 2:25:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I think they are overly concerned about the transfer or distribution of the magazine between friends/family.. likely for the future generations.. way down the line.

A decade later we turn the law around or we leave the state.. At the moment I say fight for our rights back.. leave the state if it doesn't improve. This is a long game we need to start learning to do.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What good would a few pieces of paper do, really? The only reason to have a trust was to purchase NFA items before 41F, if you had one for some other reason you wasted money and time on it.

The state will not care if your items are listed on a trust schedule after you are dead, they will take the shit regardless.

On top of, a lot of you guys are reading too much into this. The mag ban will not stop me from freely possessing, trading, selling, buying, manufacturing and or maintaining any magazine. Period. It is the same reason I don’t slow down when I’m going 20 over and I see Washington state patrol, I gives a fuck.
View Quote

I don't give a shit about me. I'm keeping all my guns and mags, and half the cops are on my side. However, in 20 years when my kids have them a trust owning the property may pay off.

The next generation of cops will grow up brainwashed thinking banana mags are evil.

This fight isn't about July 1st 2022, it's about July 1st 2052.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't give a shit about me. I'm keeping all my guns and mags, and half the cops are on my side. However, in 20 years when my kids have them a trust owning the property may pay off.

The next generation of cops will grow up brainwashed thinking banana mags are evil.

This fight isn't about July 1st 2022, it's about July 1st 2052.
View Quote

That is what I’m saying though, the threshold has been passed. The trust will not matter, if the police come in a house they are taking the property regardless of if it is in a trust or not. The only option is to educate and proliferate.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is what I’m saying though, the threshold has been passed. The trust will not matter, if the police come in a house they are taking the property regardless of if it is in a trust or not. The only option is to educate and proliferate.
View Quote

What threshold?
My mags are owned by the trust now, and forever. I can change trustees as I see fit.

If they amend the bill to make grandfathered mags illegal (which I'm sure they will try) then it will be different.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#14]
If the trust thing isnt an option, I have a friend who lives in Idaho (where I plan to move to). If it ever comes to prohibition he'll store them for me.

For those of you w/o friends in neighboring states and plan to leave anyways, I'm sure splitting a storage fee with others would be an option if you have a ton of mags.

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What threshold?
My mags are owned by the trust now, and forever. I can change trustees as I see fit.

If they amend the bill to make grandfathered mags illegal (which I'm sure they will try) then it will be different.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What threshold?

I am referring to the threshold for the people in power to respect any kind of word or action of law by which is standard precedent today i.e. an NFA Trust. Ask all those guys who just got their form 1s denied how the unprecedented is very rapidly becoming the new precedent.
-
If the Washington State Police, ATF, FBI or anybody other agency come to your house or wherever you store your property for any reason after your death and find magazines or any other item outlawed now by the current SB5078, or by then with amended or new legislation in the timeframe that you speak with regard to your future lineage, those items will be gone. It will not matter to anybody in these uniforms that you wrote down somewhere on a trust schedule the serial numbers, the number of items, who a trustee is, or who isn't. It simply won't matter to them; they will take said property and it will be gone forever. If for some reason your lineage wants to fight in a courtroom over it, and somehow win, they will still not get the property back.  

If you or anybody else needs to “put magazines” into a trust to have some kind of sense of security, do so. It simply won’t matter to these people.  

I don't know how much clearer I can state this, so I am not going to comment on it anymore. The future is dark, man. I am not saying give up, I am not saying move to a free state. I am saying the future is dark, man.

Quoted:
If the trust thing isnt an option, I have a friend who lives in Idaho (where I plan to move to). If it ever comes to prohibition he'll store them for me.

For those of you w/o friends in neighboring states and plan to leave anyways, I'm sure splitting a storage fee with others would be an option if you have a ton of mags.

How will you access your mags when you need them then?

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:46:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What's your question?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's your question?

yes But in Washington state one can’t legally possess a SBS if it’s in a NFA trust because it violates state law
even if the Feds would sign off on it
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How will you access your mags when you need them then?
View Quote

If they pass prohibitiion the only thing I'll have is 10rd mags. I'll have access to my standard mags again when I move out of this kommie infested state.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Can we pool money to hire a WA lawyer and get a credible, well researched legal opinion written up?

If it turns out that a Trust can own the mags and that Trust members can exchange and use them, then I have this question:

Could you form a Mega Trust including a very large number of people, tens of thousands of people, and potentially maybe even just construct a Trust that includes EVERYONE: all WA residents or maybe even all US citizens.

If you created this Mega Trust before July 1st and assigned hundreds of thousands of magazines to it, would the Trust members be able to freely exchange these magazines among themselves? And if so, could a Trust member charge another Trust member a fee for handing over physical control of a Trust magazine to another Trustee?

Variations:
1) People deposit money to the Trust which then executes a group buy to acquire lots of magazines, or
2) People join the trust and transfer their existing magazines to the Mega Trust, while retaining physical  possession

If that works then we could construct a State wide Trust that would allow everyone belonging to the Trust to exchange magazines that were made Trust property before the effective date.

If the Trust could be set up to include all Americans then any Trust member moving in to WA (anyone born before July 1, 2022) would be able to access and use Trust magazines by paying a fee to whoever currently has physical possession.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I sent a message to the Northwest Gun Law Group asking if they could build me a new trust. I will update when I hear from them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

yes But in Washington state one can’t legally possess a SBS if it’s in a NFA trust because it violates state law
even if the Feds would sign off on it
View Quote

You can own a Machine Gun or a SBS in a trust or corporation if it was stamped before July 1, 1994.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.190

See section 4 in the above link:

(4) It shall be an affirmative defense to a prosecution brought under this section that the machine gun or short-barreled shotgun was acquired prior to July 1, 1994, and is possessed in compliance with federal law.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#21]
A trust can't help you. The RCW was amended some time ago so the gun laws cover trusts, corporations etc.

Read the mag ban with "trust" where it says person and you'll see it doesn't change anything.

RCW 9.41.010

(22) "Person" means any individual, corporation, company, association, firm, partnership, club, organization, society, joint stock company, or other legal entity.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:52:06 PM EDT
[#22]
My kids all have arcs, why the fuck would they not have mags?

Stupid laws are stupid.

Yes, they've owned magazines since before your silly law.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A trust can't help you. The RCW was amended some time ago so the gun laws cover trusts, corporations etc.

Read the mag ban with "trust" where it says person and you'll see it doesn't change anything.

RCW 9.41.010

View All Quotes
Quoted:

RCW 9.41.010

(22) "Person" means any individual, corporation, company, association, firm, partnership, club, organization, society, joint stock company, or other legal entity.

So doesn’t that mean we can transfer magazines to the trust before the cutoff and it can stay with the trust after we pass?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top