Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2021 3:41:15 PM EDT
Hi, I have some guaranteed Pre-1994 30rd AR-15 magazines that a CT resident is interested in purchasing. He believes that it is legal for him to purchase them, but I was not under that impression. Does anyone have a quick explanation of your laws? I've done some digging but I can't seem to find a anything from your state government.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
No go unless he is LEO or active Military.  There is no such thing as pre ban mags in CT
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, that is the conclusion I had come to but he was not aware of that. I did find this for reference:
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2014/rpt/pdf/2014-R-0252.pdf
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you, that is the conclusion I had come to but he was not aware of that. I did find this for reference:
View Quote

Or just read the actual statute...

Sec. 53-202w. Large capacity magazines. Definitions. Sale, transfer or possession prohibited. Exceptions.

It boils down to this: “Large capacity magazine” means any firearm magazine, belt, drum, feed strip or similar device that has the capacity of, or can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition, but does not include: (A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds of ammunition, (B) a .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device, (C) a tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm, or (D) a magazine that is permanently inoperable;

No such thing as a "preban" magazine in CT. You either declared it or must be an exempted person. Otherwise it's illegal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#4]
It’s the buyers responsibility
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It’s the buyers responsibility
View Quote

Yep.

Ship em.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a crime to posses them. Not to sell them.

Ship them and let the buyer worry. Why feed into the gun grabbers by not sending?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yep.

Ship em.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Once the question was asked, it was too late.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

@big_johnson_92
It is not illegal for you to ship them. It is illegal for that person to possess them, but that is not your problem,  nor responsibility.
 You can also ship them to me, in RI, where they are legal, and they can come get them from me, absolving you of ANY feelings of guilt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top