Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2022 11:46:34 AM EDT
Article here.

The Supreme Court also vacated Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs v. Bruck, a 2020 decision in which the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit upheld that state's ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. The three-judge panel deferred to another 3rd Circuit panel's conclusion that the law was constitutional.
View Quote

Bianchi v. Frosh, the fourth decision that the Supreme Court vacated yesterday, upheld Maryland's ban on "assault weapons," defined to include specified models, "copies" of them, and any semiautomatic centerfire rifle that accepts detachable magazines and has two or more of three features: a folding stock, a grenade or flare launcher, or a flash suppressor. The same law includes a 10-round magazine limit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone told Bob, Jay, Marko Lisa's. Patty Kuderer... it was their bill.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]
No doubt that the Bruen decision says what we need it to say.  Where I'm getting twisted is watching what New York's response is.  They've just said eff u to the Court.  If it wasn't bad enough calling the island of Manhattan a special area or whatever the term, now they've essentially made the whole state illegal to carry.  Not only that they're demanding access to the entire household's social media accounts.  Sounds like China  My concern is that commie run states will all follow suit.  Sure, eventually the Court will bitch slap the renegade states but that'll be a long time for cases to work themselves up.  In the meantime the number of folks in New York, and possibly here, will get entrapped in another form of gun grabbing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone told Bob, Jay, Marko Lisa's. Patty Kuderer... it was their bill.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476931/20220702_151827_jpg-2439376.JPG
View Quote

The US flag shouldn’t appear anywhere near this cocksucker - a complete defilement.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
From NEW YORK STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSN., INC. v. BRUEN

The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is
not “a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules
than the other Bill of Rights guarantees.” McDonald, 561 U. S., at 780
(plurality opinion). The exercise of other constitutional rights does not
require individuals to demonstrate to government officers some special
need. The Second Amendment right to carry arms in public for self-
defense is no different.
View Quote

Likewise, the exercise of other constitutional rights does not require the surrender of social media accounts etc etc...
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 1:42:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No doubt that the Bruen decision says what we need it to say.  Where I'm getting twisted is watching what New York's response is.  They've just said eff u to the Court.  If it wasn't bad enough calling the island of Manhattan a special area or whatever the term, now they've essentially made the whole state illegal to carry.  Not only that they're demanding access to the entire household's social media accounts.  Sounds like China  My concern is that commie run states will all follow suit.  Sure, eventually the Court will bitch slap the renegade states but that'll be a long time for cases to work themselves up.  In the meantime the number of folks in New York, and possibly here, will get entrapped in another form of gun grabbing.
View Quote

Unless public employees start getting jammed up for their defiance, the status quo "slow correction process" renders SC decisions to little more than bloviation in this context. Skip the useless & politically compromised marshals & send the NG over to knock on the door of the governor, state AG, & anyone else in line & hand them a letter explaining how things work, & if the light bulb still doesn't turn on, then outfit them with latest fashion in retention bracelets & haul them to face sentencing & introduction to prison bitch life.

Shit needs to start getting real for the players of these games.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#6]
It will takes months if not years for the Bruen decision to grind through the courts and get to WA.

The Duncan case in California is the closest precedent and that dates back to 2017. Even though SCOTUS sent it back down, I don't expect to see a quick decision because California can still go through the en banc process which takes years.

This is why the Dems are already talking about packing SCOTUS. If they can get enough votes in November, they could undo Bruen in time to save their precious gun control laws.

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
From NEW YORK STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSN., INC. v. BRUEN

Likewise, the exercise of other constitutional rights does not require the surrender of social media accounts etc etc...
View Quote

You're right, but it won't matter.  At least for about 10 years.  Fortunately, Washington hasn't rushed to copy NY, yet.  The thing is, even if SCOTUS rules in our favor with the Bruen decision and the other cases they vacated which speak more directly to our issues, at the moment if one were to get charged for say importing an "illegal" magazine they're screwed.  Sure, they may be exonerated in the end, but that journey would be long and very expensive. These gun grabbers have unlimited resources and blind hatred of normal Americans.  I'm still holding on to a shred of hope that Washington acts rationally like Jersey did and see the error in their ways.  It's possible but not probable.  You can bet that there will be several applicants willing to turn over their social media accounts.  If I were still in NY I'd consider it.  Then again we decided to move when they instituted magazine capacity limits.  Unfortunately, we chose Washington because we thought the gun laws were safe here.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone who believes this is going to resolve quickly has false hope.

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's the fact Jack!

At the moment the gun grabbers are chipping away faster than those protecting our rights.  The gun grabbers see every return of one of our rights as reason to add 10 more restrictions.  The pisser is every restriction added does little to stop things like what just happened in Chicago.  I'd love to be able to really press one of these gun grabbing legislators or enforcers to answer or explain exactly how these added restrictions help anything.  Every time I've seen one get questioned nothing comes out or it's just political speak.  “We got to take this stuff seriously, as seriously as you are because you have been forced to have take this seriously,”
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually have long term hope, this could take years to work its way through the Courts.

I think 2 - 3 years is optimistic, and 4 -5 years is realistic, just pulling these numbers out of my ass

Dem agenda, railroad it through RFN, anything the Dems oppose, going to be a long process.

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I actually have long term hope, this could take years to work its way through the Courts.

I think 2 - 3 years is optimistic, and 4 -5 years is realistic, just pulling these numbers out of my ass

Dem agenda, railroad it through RFN, anything the Dems oppose, going to be a long process.

View Quote

I'm hoping it's soon.  Mainly because in Duncan v Bonta, this was already litigated the correct analysis was used by Benitez and the 3 judge panel.    But I have no faith the en banc panel of the 9th wont play games
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You're right, but it won't matter.  At least for about 10 years.  Fortunately, Washington hasn't rushed to copy NY, yet.
View Quote

Just takes one mass shooting in WA to do that. Our legislature would be rushing to out-do CA/NY/NJ.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm hoping it's soon.  Mainly because in Duncan v Bonta, this was already litigated the correct analysis was used by Benitez and the 3 judge panel.    But I have no faith the en banc panel of the 9th wont play games
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turd Ferguson/Olympia could simply choose to roll over on gun laws just for the gold mine of leftist outrage money just like the NRA collects from gun owners after each gun ban.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:25:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Turd Ferguson/Olympia could simply choose to roll over on gun laws just for the gold mine of leftist outrage money just like the NRA collects from gun owners after each gun ban.
View Quote

That would be too intelligent.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:34:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just takes one mass shooting in WA to do that. Our legislature would be rushing to out-do CA/NY/NJ.
View Quote

You know I go back and forth on how long this will take and about if Washington will follow NY's lead.  You're right that anything would spark Olympia, even a false flag liberal special.  But then I watch the Washington Gun Law guy and the Armed Scholar who seem to be more optimistic about how things will play out.  They're both attorneys and I'm not, so I need to consider that it won't take long even though my gut says otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 4:11:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Are the Dominos Starting to Fall on Gun Control? Several Huge Updates.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You know I go back and forth on how long this will take and about if Washington will follow NY's lead.  You're right that anything would spark Olympia, even a false flag liberal special.  But then I watch the Washington Gun Law guy and the Armed Scholar who seem to be more optimistic about how things will play out.  They're both attorneys and I'm not, so I need to consider that it won't take long even though my gut says otherwise.
View Quote

Did you watch the legislature debating SB5078? Not a single Democrat deviated from the party line and the Republicans were unable to do anything.

Let’s see how the election goes in November. I think the abortion decision probably wrecked any chance of GOP gains in WA and we will see an AWB bill again next session. If there is a mass shooting here then Insleee will call an emergency session and all bets are off.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Did you watch the legislature debating SB5078? Not a single Democrat deviated from the party line and the Republicans were unable to do anything.

Let’s see how the election goes in November. I think the abortion decision probably wrecked any chance of GOP gains in WA and we will see an AWB bill again next session. If there is a mass shooting here then Insleee will call an emergency session and all bets are off.
View Quote

Possibly,  but that may depend on the economy.   Also people are gonna figure out that nothing really changes here.   I don't believe the WA State GOP, will stay out of the abortion debate,  which they should.   Also  they won't find a good electable candidate.   This is the best chance they've had in a while,  they need to focus on the economy,  gas prices and lowering taxes.  I'm really hoping Smiley is a good candidate that can defeat Murray
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't even know about the changes until it was too late.  The only reason I became aware was due to a faulty trigger.  I came to the site asking about what could cause an issue I was having and I noticed some other posts.  I don't watch or read local news, my wife does and tells me about things I should pay attention to, she missed the gun law changes too.  Believe me when I tell you, I'm keyed in now.  I'm pissed that something that was legal one day isn't the next.  When we moved here we intended it to be our last move, now we're looking again.  As long as this state keeps mail-in voting I don't think things will improve. Strange how the implementation of mail-in voting coincides with the demise of this state.  It really pains me to think we'll never see the Cascades again, but living amongst so many commies is not worth all the beauty in the world.  I wish we could move now, but it's gonna take a year to save up the money to move.  I spent our savings on building as many ARs as I could afford, actually more than I could afford.  This morning I made a spreadsheet with state's gun rights and veteran benefits.  Property taxes are as much a concern as gun rights. It amazes me that states in New England are now more gun-friendly than Washington.  Never thought that would happen.  I agree with you that an AWB is coming.  Question is will they grandfather or not.  If not they're asking for war.  The past two years should be an eye opener for everyone who values freedom, Washington state politicians are scum, Inslee is King Scum.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm really hoping Smiley is a good candidate that can defeat Murray
View Quote

The only way Murray gets defeated is if suddenly the thousands of preprinted ballots disappear.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
 I agree with you that an AWB is coming.  Question is will they grandfather or not.  If not they're asking for war.  The past two years should be an eye opener for everyone who values freedom, Washington state politicians are scum, Inslee is King Scum.
View Quote

If you've been paying attention to the latest SCOTUS ruling they have a new snag in passing an AWB (it was too late for the mag ban). Not that they would attempt to ignor the ruling, but they open themselves up to immediate and actionable legal pushback. In fact the mag ban is spooling up for a legal battle not just here but in kalifornia, that if won would probably strike down this one.

I have more hope now, far more than before, but I still dont put it past Wa to ignor or try to work around the SCOTUS ruling.

Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you've been paying attention to the latest SCOTUS ruling they have a new snag in passing an AWB (it was too late for the mag ban). Not that they would attempt to ignor the ruling, but they open themselves up to immediate and actionable legal pushback. In fact the mag ban is spooling up for a legal battle not just here but in kalifornia, that if won would probably strike down this one.

I have more hope now, far more than before, but I still dont put it past Wa to ignor or try to work around the SCOTUS ruling.

View Quote

I suspect we may see some things similar to what NJ, NY AND CA are doing. Just to fuck, with gun owners until the courts overturn this shit.   I did read the Bruen decision.  Thomas did something politicians hate, he plain talked his opinion.   It's clear for all of us.  The shit WA has passed in the last few years is presumptively unconstitutional......and idaho is a short drive away.....just saying
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I think the dems will throw a tantrum (as per usual- it is what they do) but they are probably screwed on any plans for an AWB, and I think the mag ban will go down in flames eventually.  

Plenty of areas in WA have been doing whatever they wanted for a while with regards to guns, so I don’t see those counties giving a damn what Seattle thinks on further restrictions.  

Plus the dems nationwide are going to get swept out due to them tanking the economy.  Abortion rights folks never were going to vote anything other than dem anyhow, I don’t think them being riled up makes much difference.  Dems in places like WA are going to have their hands full just trying to stay in power....good thing for them that the WA ballot machine (found ballot boxes anyone?) is likely still in fine working condition....

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you've been paying attention to the latest SCOTUS ruling they have a new snag in passing an AWB .... to immediate and actionable legal pushback.

View Quote

The Constitution didn't stop them from instituting the "laws" they have so how is a decision going to stop them now?  As we've seen, the Bruen decision was specifically for a case in NY, what did NY do?  Secondly, the gungrabbers have time on their side.  They know how long any case will take to reach the Court that they don't care about the outcome, they only care if they can stick it to gun owners in the meantime.  They just want the political cover of saying they banned some scary looking guns.  Plus, this is what causes me some concern, even if the Court deems any Washington law unconstitutional, how does the Court enforce a decision?  Are you really going to count on the 9th Circuit?  Everything for us hinges on the 9th heeding what Thomas spelled out.  I believe that the anti-gunners in our legal system and legislators will need to be forced to comply, and not with a piece of paper but it will require lead.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm hoping I'm talking out my arse and everything I'm concerned about that decisions out of the Court being ignored is just a mirage.  But then there's things like this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssdcw8FRxME

Appeals Court Defies Supreme Court Decision In Firearm Confiscation Case!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#27]
It is not WHO votes it is who counts the votes with all local, state and fed elections. Dino won twice and then they Kind Co. found just enough to put Greg -Whore in office I believe it was around two weeks after the election was over! There was no investigation into where the votes came from. The state attorney Gen did not seem to care . As long as we have mail in voting and drop boxes I for one will not trust any election out come as fact.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It is not WHO votes it is who counts the votes with all local, state and fed elections. Dino won twice and then they Kind Co. found just enough to put Greg -Whore in office I believe it was around two weeks after the election was over! There was no investigation into where the votes came from. The state attorney Gen did not seem to care . As long as we have mail in voting and drop boxes I for one will not trust any election out come as fact.
View Quote

This was the event that cemented my opinion about our voting process.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Fuck Bob and Jay.   I'm going to do what I constitutionally please.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember that election very well and felt the same way. Our side rolled over because that is what we (pussies then) do.

Now so many on our side do not vote "because the fix is in" which only helps the left control everything from the local school board to the governorship with less chance of being caught cheating.

The harder they have to cheat, the more evidence they will leave. We must not make it so easy for them.

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks Boomstick, your posts always provides good information.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I remember that election very well and felt the same way. Our side rolled over because that is what we (pussies then) do.

Now so many on our side do not vote "because the fix is in" which only helps the left control everything from the local school board to the governorship with less chance of being caught cheating.

The harder they have to cheat, the more evidence they will leave. We must not make it so easy for them.

View Quote

Dino was the first republican I voted for, I was only 20 years old. I was blown away that the Democrats got to recount as many times as they needed to "find" missing ballots, then as soon as they had enough to win, it was declared a victory and the Republicans didn't do a fucking thing to fight what was clearly shady things going on.

That same trick has been used in countless elections now, up to and including 2020. Always boxes of mail in ballots "found" at the last minute in whatever precinct is needed to win an election. Every time. It's my belief that Trump winning in 2016 was so unexpected that they didn't even bother to lay the groundwork for this, they thought they had it in the bag. By the time they realized they didn't, it was too late to do anything to counter it.

I have family members who don't bother to vote in this state for that exact reason - "republicans will never win so why bother" they say
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Dino was the first republican I voted for, I was only 20 years old. I was blown away that the Democrats got to recount as many times as they needed to "find" missing ballots, then as soon as they had enough to win, it was declared a victory and the Republicans didn't do a fucking thing to fight what was clearly shady things going on.

That same trick has been used in countless elections now, up to and including 2020. Always boxes of mail in ballots "found" at the last minute in whatever precinct is needed to win an election. Every time. It's my belief that Trump winning in 2016 was so unexpected that they didn't even bother to lay the groundwork for this, they thought they had it in the bag. By the time they realized they didn't, it was too late to do anything to counter it.

[color=#ff0000]I have family members who don't bother to vote in this state for that exact reason - "republicans will never win so why bother" they say
View Quote

Stupid. It takes about zero effort to vote. Not voting only guarantees the outcome they already loath. If there's any chance if swinging anything, it starts with at least voting for what you can.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Stupid. It takes about zero effort to vote. Not voting only guarantees the outcome they already loath. If there's any chance if swinging anything, it starts with at least voting for what you can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[color=#ff0000]I have family members who don't bother to vote in this state for that exact reason - "republicans will never win so why bother" they say

Agreed. Not voting is just conceding your loss. We all have to fight by voting or for sure we lose. Also sharing info to people to have them vote for the right cause.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I cant tell you the number of old dudes in my shop who bitch and moan about all the idiots in charge, then don't vote because it doesn't matter. Every single one of them would be a hard republican if they just got off their ass.

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#36]
LAPD just told all their people not to enforce any part of the CA mag ban.  

WA LE agencies would be smart to do similar.  Although I think many places stated after 1639 that they would not enforce anything for the state on gun restrictions, so good luck finding an agency wanting to go out and be the test case for the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
LAPD just told all their people not to enforce any part of the CA mag ban.  

WA LE agencies would be smart to do similar.  Although I think many places stated after 1639 that they would not enforce anything for the state on gun restrictions, so good luck finding an agency wanting to go out and be the test case for the lawsuit.
View Quote

outside of the I5 corridor, hopefully they won't enforce it.  Turd Furguson most definitely will, that's why the bill give the AGs office the power to enforce it. They knew city/county wouldn't care
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 1:10:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Honestly how can they enforce it? They don't have the resources to check to see if you bought it before July 1st. Likely this stuff will come up if you already are charge with a crime from a bust.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Honestly how can they enforce it? They don't have the resources to check to see if you bought it before July 1st.
View Quote
Except for the pie in the sky magical thinkers, the libs know damn well they cant go around enforcing it on individuals. Most cops dont care, its dead last on their list, and half or more of the depts are pissed at whats been coming out of olympia! You KNOW the cops are pissed when their chiefs post on FB how olympia has treated them with regards to enforcing the law.

Only thing the top libs were going for (for now) is drying up supply. The only thing they can inforce is sales.

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Only thing the top libs were going for (for now) is drying up supply. The only thing they can inforce is sales.

View Quote

Supply will remain ‘wet’, perhaps ‘moist’ for decades to come given what’s been accumulated since the end of the ‘94 AWB. Criminalizing possession will no doubt eventually be pushed; that will be a huge obstacle for them to overcome.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Honestly how can they enforce it? They don't have the resources to check to see if you bought it before July 1st. Likely this stuff will come up if you already are charge with a crime from a bust.
View Quote

They don't need to enforce it that much. Dealers and distributors already stopped selling standard mags in WA. 99.9% of people no longer have access to them. Mission accomplished.

Look at 594. They've only prosecuted a handful of cases since it passed but it killed sales at the gun shows and other sales channels outside of an FFL.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I seriously doubt the mag ban will stand.

In addition to Bianchi, the Supreme Court today vacated and remanded three other Second Amendment lawsuits: ANJRPC v. Bruck (challenging New Jersey’s ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds), Duncan v. Bonta (challenging California’s ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds), ...
View Quote

Full text here
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top