Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2022 8:40:20 PM EDT
Question that might be common knowledge to the well informed...........but not me.

With the law being challenged and overturned by the court (I think).  Do normal California folks carry 10 round mags or do they carry standard capacity mags for ECD?
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Question that might be common knowledge to the well informed...........but not me.

With the law being challenged and overturned by the court (I think).  Do normal California folks carry 10 round mags or do they carry standard capacity mags for ECD?
View Quote

Not to be a dick (although I am quite good at it), but are you attempting to draw a parallel between the California mag-ban (which only had a brief stay courtesy of Judge Menendez and his stay was overturned by an en banc panel) and Washington's 5078?

There is no language in Engrossed Substitute Senate Bill 5078 that appears to prohibit a person from carrying magazines that hold more than ten rounds anywhere currently allowed by law, so long as said "hi-capacity" magazines were acquired prior to 01 July 2022.

The language from HB 1164 did not advance into law.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 1:26:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not to be a dick (although I am quite good at it), but are you attempting to draw a parallel between the California mag-ban (which only had a brief stay courtesy of Judge Menendez and his stay was overturned by an en banc panel) and Washington's 5078?

There is no language in Engrossed Substitute Senate Bill 5078 that appears to prohibit a person from carrying magazines that hold more than ten rounds anywhere currently allowed by law, so long as said "hi-capacity" magazines were acquired prior to 01 July 2022.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you !!!!!

This is the straight forward answer I was looking for.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top