Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2022 5:30:09 PM EDT
I'm visiting the Seattle area for 5 days next week and plan to bring at least my EDC glock 19, probably a small AR too (depending on if I want to pay the airline an additional checked bag fee for my rifle case). Does the recent mag ban apply to visitors?

We will be staying near Seattle Center but will have a day or two to ourselves and love hiking, geocaching etc.  What are must-see attractions within a 2-hr drive?  We already plan on Space needle, Glass Gardens, Museum of Flight. Would a daytrip to the Olympics be worth the drive? (I understand that would be more than 2 hrs but going as far west as possible and seeing the pacific has some attraction).

Thanks for any tips.

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not a ban on possessing. It's a ban on buying, selling, transferring.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You're supposed to leave with the same number of gigantic capacity mags you enter the state with.  Don't think they're doing border inspections...yet
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't bring them

You would be 'Importing' high cap mags
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 12:10:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck Bob ferguson.  

Do what you want. If anything happens, help us challenge this unconstitutional BS
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck Bob ferguson.  

Do what you want. If anything happens, help us challenge this unconstitutional BS
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I wouldn’t bring them. The odds of being caught with them might be low, but if something did happen, say you were forced to use your firearm to defend yourself, the legal stakes, especially in Seattle, could be very high.

Get some inexpensive 10 rounders. The capacity is more than adequate for any situation you could realistically expect to encounter and reloads can be immediately available.

As far as seeing the Pacific, it will be a full day at a minimum. The easiest way would be to drive south of the Olympics out to Ocean Shores and drive on the beach. The more scenic way, by FAR, would be to take ferry across the sound, drive US 101 north of the Olympics out to Rialto beach and take the short hike to Hole in the Wall, which is one of those iconic Washington coast sights. If the weather is good, Rialto would be my pick.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Take the ferry at Coleman dock to Bremerton look at your map and drive to highway 101 go north towards Port Angeles go up to Hurricane ridge if you want to see the Olympics. It is a big tourist spot but worth it. If it is cloudy day up high do not go as you will have no view into the interior of the Olympics.
You might see Mt goats and Black tailed deer and maybe some Elk. There also are lot of camp robber jays that will land right next to you or on you begging for food. Look for Bald eagles as you drive across the Hood canal floating bridge and along 101 toward Port Angeles.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Watch this

Can I Cross the Washington State Line With a High Capacity Magazine?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#9]
He has a newer video than that where he states the same thing about being legal to bring them in as long as you take them back out. I disagree with that interpretation of the law

(14) "Import" means to move, transport, or receive an item from a place outside the territorial limits of the state of Washington to a place inside the territorial limits of the state of Washington.

There's no mention of intention to leave them or take them back out of state. Simply moving a mag from outside the state to inside the state is importing, doesn't matter what happens to it after that
I didn't include the second part that allows for mags to leave and come back because that doesn't apply here. To return to WA you would have to leave WA first

As BS as all this is I tend to minimize risk and avoid foreseeable problems. I'm sure the OP doesn't want to be the test case for this stupid law

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Lol

Nobody is going to mess with you or question you

The law has no teeth and will not be enforced against anyone except sellers.

Do what you want and ignore all the pearl clutching that's going on here already
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol

Nobody is going to mess with you or question you

The law has no teeth and will not be enforced against anyone except sellers.

Do what you want and ignore all the pearl clutching that's going on here already
View Quote

This.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top