Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2019 11:28:35 PM EDT
We had a thread going in Feb. I believe about this topic, but it's now lost to time I guess.   Seemed we had some interest, so when I heard Notso was doing his Machine Gun Madness on Saturday, I figured let's give this thing a go.

It's going to be Saturday, the 15th of June at Hoover Tactical Firearms.  I'll get the specific time from Notso.

Below is the competition info freshly drawn up

Attachment Attached File

Beyond the shooting aspect, I think this competition brings strategic ability into the equation as well.   One uses their first two targets to arm themselves better for their third....or do they, and decide to instead shoot a third different gun because variety is the spice of life, and MGs are rarer than hen's teeth for us mere mortals.

The vast differences in the 5 guns within the pistol caliber class will be super cool.   That MPX is nasty fast, and equally controllable.   The PM-63 is like shooting a BB gun.  MP5 is the king for a reason.  Then you have the heavy Grease and Tommy guns with that super controllable ROF.   Decisions, decisions.

The rifle class is fixed this first time to the M16 to make the first time easier, but also because most should naturally want to compete with that anyways I would think.

I hope to see many of you guys Saturday, and this should be fun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Might be able to make it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Dammit man, I'll be out of town again.

One of these days I'll make it to one of these! I'd like to meet some if y'all
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:56:09 AM EDT
[#3]
What time?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What time?
View Quote
We do the event from 10AM to 6PM
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for adding the specific time.

Would it be easier to make the competition fall under a time window within 10-6, or just allow competitors to arrive anytime b/t say 10-2pm?

We'll obviously have to standardize the targets.

Anyway you think we can make this run smoother just let us know.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
We always use the same green B27 targets, so that is OK.

A specific time will help, as will some help with scoring and such we stay pretty busy sometimes, so I dont know how Saturday will be.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I think 12-4pm would be enough time to ensure all competitors get their three targets shot.   That way it would give you a couple hours to get going, and then two hours until the event is over for me, and perhaps others to score all the targets, and then name the winners before 6pm.

I think it will run smoother if we all get in order, and just run down the line.  When it's our turn each time, tell Notso the machine gun, and class the target will be entered into.   Shoot your target, have Notso mark the class, and gun used on said target, and then next competitor up.   This way, the M16 isn't smoking cherry red for the last competitor of the rifle class for example.   In theory, the M16, or any other MG used in the competition will get enough time in between competitors to cool down as to not kill accuracy.

Lastly, all MGs used in the competition will be fired standing (unless you're disabled which can be accommodated for), and as long as it's full auto, ROF is up to the individual competitor.   One long burst, or controlled bursts are both acceptable.

How does this sound?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think 12-4pm would be enough time to ensure all competitors get their three targets shot.   That way it would give you a couple hours to get going, and then two hours until the event is over for me, and perhaps others to score all the targets, and then name the winners before 6pm.

I think it will run smoother if we all get in order, and just run down the line.  When it's our turn each time, tell Notso the machine gun, and class the target will be entered into.   Shoot your target, have Notso mark the class, and gun used on said target, and then next competitor up.   This way, the M16 isn't smoking cherry red for the last competitor of the rifle class for example.   In theory, the M16, or any other MG used in the competition will get enough time in between competitors to cool down as to not kill accuracy.

Lastly, all MGs used in the competition will be fired standing (unless you're disabled which can be accommodated for), and as long as it's full auto, ROF is up to the individual competitor.   One long burst, or controlled bursts are both acceptable.

How does this sound?
View Quote
Works for me. My dad may be coming as well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How does this sound?
View Quote

What is this you speak of?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Works for me. My dad may be coming as well.
View Quote
Fantastic!   Look forward to seeing you again :)
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What is this you speak of?
View Quote
I just didn't want to melt your M16 down, didn't know how many folks we'd get shooting it in a row
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#13]
See yall in a bit!
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a great time today with Saxplayer, his father, and notso.  It was just us three + notso running it, but it served as proof of concept

Saxplayer's dad whipped our asses due to his domination using a suppressed 6933 in the rifle category....and notso changing to a points vs. group scoring method

Notso, and Hoover Tactical Firearms did a fantastic job running this thing.   Notso has pretty much anything you could want to shoot full auto.   I didn't shoot the MP5 at our xmas shoot, and today I did.   I see why it's the king.   It's still far from my favorite of notso's toys though.

MACHINE GUN MADNESS June 2019
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#15]
We had a lot of fun! Thanks to Notso for having all of his toys there to choose from and to GreasyEasy for the video - it was nice to meet you and your dad. Not sure how I had the better score on the rifle stage, since I couldn't see the front sight that well (sucks to be old!). I'll be back for the next one!
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I had an absolute blast today. I hope that the next time we put one of these on we have a bigger turn out.
My proposed weapons list for the next time:
Rifle- MG42/BAR, either from standing or hip fire.
Pistol- Same list we used today
Open- Siaga 12Ga.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We had a lot of fun! Thanks to Notso for having all of his toys there to choose from and to GreasyEasy for the video - it was nice to meet you and your dad. Not sure how I had the better score on the rifle stage, since I couldn't see the front sight that well (sucks to be old!). I'll be back for the next one!
View Quote
It was equally wonderful to meet you, and your lovely wife.    I look forward to doing it again, and avenging my embarrassment
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had an absolute blast today. I hope that the next time we put one of these on we have a bigger turn out.
My proposed weapons list for the next time:
Rifle- MG42/BAR, either from standing or hip fire.
Pistol- Same list we used today
Open- Siaga 12Ga.
View Quote
We seem to share the same level of enjoyment when shooting MGs

Those are excellent suggestions, and I really like the MG42/BAR for rifle.    I'm not sure there is enough Wheaties I can eat in prep for the Saiga though
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#19]
It was great to have you guys today! Thanks for coming out and thanks Greasy for putting this idea together.

Sorry you dont like my scoring. I figure if you can shoot a small group, you should be able to do it in the best scoring part of the target!

I look forward to doing it again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top