Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2020 8:41:05 PM EDT
I’m in west central MT and interested in 3 gun but don’t know how to get started. A quick google search didn’t turn up much other than that there are occasional events. Any advice?

Also, any good AR trainers around?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Can we know a better general area of where you are located?

3gun is not quite as busy as it used to be just a few years ago, but there are matches around.
Last Chance Handgunners (FB is more accurate, has website) We had one recently, next one is July and then August.
Missouri River Multigunners (Great Falls, FB) monthly matches
Magic City Action Shooters (Billings, web and FB) has a match now and then
Big Sky Practical Shooting Club (Missoula) has one now and then.
Salmon, ID has monthly matches.
Pocatello, ID also has monthly matches.

Practical Shooting Instruction out of Missoula (Scott and Nate) bring in some instructors, such as Keith Garcia (if I remember right), and Mike Seeklander.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I believe you and I are in the same town.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I should have added that Last Chance Handgunners is located in Boulder, midway between Butte and Helena along I-15.
My girlfriend and I take in as many 3gun matches as we can fit in. There are a few other active gents on here too.
Boulder also does night matches, and I *think* there might be one planned for September. We normally have one in April too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 6:25:55 AM EDT
[#4]
There used to be some just outside of Helena, at an old quarry closer to boulder? I can't remember the name of the place or the organization, but I believe they were doing 3gun at least a few times each summer.

Sorry, as much as it interests me, I have just never actually tried it. Too many plates, already.

EDIT: looks like I should have read the rest of the comments before posting that....
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There used to be some just outside of Helena, at an old quarry closer to boulder? I can't remember the name of the place or the organization, but I believe they were doing 3gun at least a few times each summer.

Sorry, as much as it interests me, I have just never actually tried it. Too many plates, already.

EDIT: looks like I should have read the rest of the comments before posting that....
View Quote

LOL.  No worries at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top