Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
@wissota4 Thanks to ya for setting up the shoot.  Good dudes and a good time! Looking forward to the next one!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Did anyone sneak off with any USMCSGT0311 goodies?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@wissota4 Thanks to ya for setting up the shoot.  Good dudes and a good time! Looking forward to the next one!

View Quote

Thank you for making it up!
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I mean... it crossed my mind
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Who brought the EBR?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad we finally got to do this.  Wish I'd have taken more pics, but I was too busy shooting or getting a history lesson.  If anyone wants to shoot or just have a beer and talk clones sometime hit me up here or @derekwick on Instagram.

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#11]
rattle can them bitches LMFAO Looked like you boys had a good range day!
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#12]
https://imgur.com/a/axnW5IW
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
No idea who this USMCSGT0311  guy is, but USMCSGT0331  brought some awesome stuff to share with everyone!

Quoted:
Who brought the EBR?
View Quote
You get 1 guess.....

This version of the EBR is called the Mk14 Mod 1. It's an amazing rifle and it's as close as you can possibly get without enlisting! All original parts, the only civilian part on it is the old Springfield 5 line receiver.

Quoted:
Glad we finally got to do this.  Wish I'd have taken more pics, but I was too busy shooting or getting a history lesson.  If anyone wants to shoot or just have a beer and talk clones sometime hit me up here or @derekwick on Instagram.

https://i.imgur.com/eVI5kbD.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/a7vmH1s.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/IThWDXQ.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/DnCdQTJ.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/1FH418l.jpeg
View Quote
I recognize a few of those rifles
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 3:20:20 AM EDT
[#14]
This clone shoot was an absolute blast! Right now I'm suffering from a few medical issues (I can now add sunburn to that list, lol) and almost decided to skip going to the event, but I'm extremely happy to have gone to it! I probably spent more time talking than shooting, maybe that's why guys were doubling up on hearing protection! Lol

Even though there were only about 10 of us in attendance, each person brought many guns. The 40 guns and uppers aren't the only ones we had out there, there's a lot more off screen, but we didn't include them in the "clone" photo. Looking at the group photo, I think I have 8 rifles and 2 uppers represented in there, which is most of what I brought. This was the same for everyone, lots of non-clone guns were there, and we had just as much fun shooting those as we did with the clone guns! Everyone loved my tricked out KelTec CP33, when it wasn't jamming on the first round in the magazine.

There were so many clone rifles at the shoot, it was amazing to see them all together in one place! Each of the different types of Mk12's were represented, including an extremely rare and historic 5th Group used SPR upper that was brought into Afghanistan in October 2001, just 1 month after 9/11! Almost all of the Block II rifles were there, including a GL/SSC build with an extraordinarily rare original DD GL/SSC handguard. It was an amazing opportunity to see and shoot some stunning and rarely seen firearms!

Some of the guns/uppers/parts are so rare/unique that this was the only time we've seen them in person! All of the clone builds were exceptional and their respective owners had put great care, knowledge and dedication into each one. Amazing people sharing their equally amazing guns! This is the best group of people I've ever gone to the range with and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again at the next clone shoot!

I'm really excited for the next event, hopefully we can get one scheduled in the fall when it's a little bit cooler out. It would be amazing to start doing these twice a year in the spring and fall. It was wonderful to finally put faces to the usernames in this thread and hopefully more people will attend in the future!

Here's my list of guns, in case anyone is curious about what I brought to the party (although I might be forgetting 1 or 2). Maybe this is motivation for people to come out to the next clone shoot (@SecretSquirell)!

KAC M110K1
Remington/DPMS XM110
Remington CSR
Mk14 Mod 1
Mk12 Mod 1
GL/SSC
SEAL RECCE
Taiwanese T65
Colt IAR prototype
Mann Accuracy Device
MK12 SPR upper
Mk18 Mod 1 (MARSOC) upper
USMC national match M16A4 upper
Beretta M9 with Phrobis slide
CZ P07 MHS .40S&W
KelTec CP33

I'll probably switch things up for the next clone shoot. Now that I know the range has a very large backstop, I'm going to bring my original Gulf War used USMC Barrett M82A1 and my Mk15 Mod 1. We're going to have fun with the .50's!
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Looking forward to a fall shoot !
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This clone shoot was an absolute blast! Right now I'm suffering from a few medical issues (I can now add sunburn to that list, lol) and almost decided to skip going to the event, but I'm extremely happy to have gone to it! I probably spent more time talking than shooting, maybe that's why guys were doubling up on hearing protection! Lol

Even though there were only about 10 of us in attendance, each person brought many guns. The 40 guns and uppers aren't the only ones we had out there, there's a lot more off screen, but we didn't include them in the "clone" photo. Looking at the group photo, I think I have 8 rifles and 2 uppers represented in there, which is most of what I brought. This was the same for everyone, lots of non-clone guns were there, and we had just as much fun shooting those as we did with the clone guns! Everyone loved my tricked out KelTec CP33, when it wasn't jamming on the first round in the magazine.

There were so many clone rifles at the shoot, it was amazing to see them all together in one place! Each of the different types of Mk12's were represented, including an extremely rare and historic 5th Group used SPR upper that was brought into Afghanistan in October 2001, just 1 month after 9/11! Almost all of the Block II rifles were there, including a GL/SSC build with an extraordinarily rare original DD GL/SSC handguard. It was an amazing opportunity to see and shoot some stunning and rarely seen firearms!

Some of the guns/uppers/parts are so rare/unique that this was the only time we've seen them in person! All of the clone builds were exceptional and their respective owners had put great care, knowledge and dedication into each one. Amazing people sharing their equally amazing guns! This is the best group of people I've ever gone to the range with and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again at the next clone shoot!

I'm really excited for the next event, hopefully we can get one scheduled in the fall when it's a little bit cooler out. It would be amazing to start doing these twice a year in the spring and fall. It was wonderful to finally put faces to the usernames in this thread and hopefully more people will attend in the future!

Here's my list of guns, in case anyone is curious about what I brought to the party (although I might be forgetting 1 or 2). Maybe this is motivation for people to come out to the next clone shoot (@SecretSquirell)!

KAC M110K1
Remington/DPMS XM110
Remington CSR
Mk14 Mod 1
Mk12 Mod 1
GL/SSC
SEAL RECCE
Taiwanese T65
Colt IAR prototype
Mann Accuracy Device
MK12 SPR upper
Mk18 Mod 1 (MARSOC) upper
USMC national match M16A4 upper
Beretta M9 with Phrobis slide
CZ P07 MHS .40S&W
KelTec CP33

I'll probably switch things up for the next clone shoot. Now that I know the range has a very large backstop, I'm going to bring my original Gulf War used USMC Barrett M82A1 and my Mk15 Mod 1. We're going to have fun with the .50's!
View Quote

Did I miss the a4 upper? Wth!
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looking forward to a fall shoot !
View Quote

A fall shoot would be sweet!
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like an awesome time.  It's been years since I've been out to that range.  Lots of good times and memories there.

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Unfortunately, you did. But don't worry, you'll see it in a few years once I cycle back through the stuff I'm bring out, lol
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, you did. But don't worry, you'll see it in a few years once I cycle back through the stuff I'm bring out, lol
View Quote

LOL!
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Do we want to call the next shoot ( this fall ) another Clone Shoot or just general ARFCOM Shoot? I basically only have clones so it wont matter for me.

Also if any needs an extended A2 flash hider to weld, let me know I have a lightly used one I will no longer be using anymore.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do we want to call the next shoot ( this fall ) another Clone Shoot or just general ARFCOM Shoot? I basically only have clones so it wont matter for me.
View Quote

I'd prefer to see clones still be the priority, but a general shoot would not keep me from attending.

I think the stories and drooling over the rifles was half the fun.  A sightmark red dot on a BCA wouldn't get me nearly that excited.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks again for the invite. I had a great time. Definitely need to step up my clone game a bit. Gotta buy more FDE Magpul accessories and "Tanodized" things.

I think I'm going to get another suppressor in the works though.

Looking forward to the next one!

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:03:07 AM EDT
[#24]
The recent clone shoot was awesome and I'd really like to have more clone shoots. I think most of us brought firearms that weren't clones (such as my tricked out KelTec CP33), so we do get to have fun with other awesome guns. But it's still primarily a clone shoot.

Even though most people had some version of the Mk12 and M4, it was really cool seeing the slight differences in everyone's builds. You'd think that seeing the same type of gun over and over again would get boring, but in reality it was great! As long as there's different parts and a different vision of how the gun should be built, there's something to share and discuss. Personally, I liked to see some of the Mk18's guys were showing me. I brought a MARSOC specific variant, so it was fantastic seeing the different variations side-by-side.

In regards to the event schedule, we might want to take some time at the beginning to have guys share their guns and discuss them a little bit. During the previous shoot, I started to open up some cases and within a few minutes we were all looking at the rifles I was pulling out. I didn't know if I was supposed to present anything and for how long. After I shared some firearms we looked at a few more then started shooting.

I personally think that we should give more time to do a show-and-tell type thing at the beginning, and have each person show us a few (or all) of the clones they brought and any information about them. Since it's a clone shoot, sharing information about these firearms is more important than actually shooting them. Obviously shooting them is awesome and it is called a clone shoot  for a reason, but we're all interested in what everyone brought. I spent far more time sharing and discussing my firearms than I was shooting. I probably fired 50 rounds (not including .22LR, lol) over the many hours we were there and I was still very pleased with that amount of ammo shot.

Some guys might want to spend more time shooting and that's awesome too, it's a clone shoot . But since I didn't share all of my guns at the beginning, I had to repeat the exact same information to each person who walked over, and was interested in discussing and shooting each firearm. So, if we spent more time at the beginning discussing each firearm, that would save us a lot of time throughout the day and actually give us more time to actually shoot these guns.

So, I think that we should take an hour or so (could be less, could be more) to have a show-and-tell session before we start shooting. We'll just start at one end of the firing line and work our way down to the other end of the line. We could probably move through 10 people in this allotted amount of time, but if more people end up attending, then we can just have people show only a few of their firearms, instead of all of them. I'll also volunteer to kick things off if we need an icebreaker to start moving things along.

What do you guys think of this? There's no right or wrong answer, my opinion is just based on being a history nerd, I love talking about guns and learning new information! And the guys who attended the last clone shoot brought some awesome stuff! I would have loved to have learned about more of the guns that were there, but we never got around to seeing them as a group. I was too busy handing ammo to guys who wanted to shoot my guns, that I couldn't walk ove to another bench and see what was there. There's a lot of guns I would have loved to have seen and learned about, there was even a Daewoo there!

We might also want to think about name tags for everyone, real name and screen name. I know people hate name tags, but in this circumstance they would be extremely useful. I'm a member of tons of forums, not just guns, and when those forum members get together they all wear custom designed name tags. Pinside.com has the name tags on a neck lanyard, but we should stick to something easy and won't interfere with shooting. Stickers would work just fine. If you guys want to do this, I volunteer to bring tags and markers for everyone to use.

I also like the idea of having 2 clone shoots per year, one in the spring, one in the fall. This spreads the sessions out a little bit and lets us enjoy some cooler weather. I don't know about anyone else, but I left the range with an awesome new sunburn, lol. What do you guys think? Do you have a preference to the number of shoots per year or when they should be held?
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Lol it's funny you brought up name tags I actually went to Walmart looking for them before the shoot but didn't have any luck.

I only brought up a non clone specific shoot to get more people involved.

I basically only have clones so that's what I would bring regardless.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:46:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thanks again for the invite. I had a great time. Definitely need to step up my clone game a bit. Gotta buy more FDE Magpul accessories and "Tanodized" things.

I think I'm going to get another suppressor in the works though.

Looking forward to the next one!

View Quote

My aem5 is in jail now. Can't wait
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Lol it's funny you brought up name tags I actually went to Walmart looking for them before the shoot but didn't have any luck.

View Quote

I'd be interested in coming to a future shoot if I can make my schedule work.

I don't have any clone builds though and I felt weird about asking if I could still come to last one
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't have any clone builds though and I felt weird about asking if I could still come to last one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone is welcome to the clone shoot, especially if they don't have any clone builds! This would be a great way to see a large variety of clone builds and see if cloning is right for you. You might like a few of them and have them built, or you might not like any clones and you'll stick to what you've been doing. It's just a great opportunity to hangout with some local guys, discuss the clone rifles and then have a chance to shoot the clone guns! So, I highly recommend that the people without any clone builds come out and see what cloning is all about! Hopefully we'll see you at the next clone shoot, whether or not you bring a clone gun. And we still bring other builds too, it's a clone focused event, but we all just like guns in general
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Definitely got to have another shoot this fall ! I like the idea personally of having a clone shoot but i also wouldn't mind seeing some other awesome firearms. Theres alot of firearms i haven't shot that i would love to shoot. If you have anything special i say bring it whether its clone or not. Example The m110k1 was a first same with the M1 garand , Sig mcx

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone want too see how much we can mess up a humvee door window?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20220812_152808_jpg-2487329.JPG
View Quote

I broke one with a rubber hammer while installing one once.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL! Damn. Ive never broke any 1114 windows but those 1097s... look out for me and my flat tip screw driver

I also have one side of an armored windshield we can try to shoot through lol
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LOL! Damn. Ive never broke any 1114 windows but those 1097s... look out for me and my flat tip screw driver

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was waaaaay back when armored hummers were just getting started (I don't even know if GWOT kicked off yet or not). They slid into the windshield like the standard glass did but the frame was thicker and was super tight. We had it lubed up and were slowly working it in. It got most of the way in and it just spidered. Since it was early in the program there were no windows that were easy to get. I seem to remember it being several thousand dollars for it too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20220812_152808_jpg-2487329.JPG
View Quote

I can bring a Mk15 Mod 1 and a Barrett M82A1, lol
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#35]
During OIFIII We shot one with a M2 at about 50 yards it stopped it barley, the tip was starting come through the other side. Gave us alot of confidence in the armor. That back side expanded about the size of a Double D cup.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#36]
@THEdtw

Are you allowed to sell clone stuff?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
@THEdtw

Are you allowed to sell clone stuff?
View Quote

Only if you have a second set.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Only if you have a second set.  

https://i.imgur.com/PN5TRYo.jpeg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top