Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2020 5:42:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a link to what you are planning on going to?  MN is now a primary state, so there aren’t caucuses anymore that I am aware of.  The presidential primary is on March 3rd, and it will be just Iike any other time you vote, just with a LOT fewer people.  If there’s something going on next Tuesday, I can’t find it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I read it right, the caucus is where we go to get into the party's politics, not so much for a vote of candidate.

Things such as what the MN Republican party platform will be and such.

I want to get into politics in a few years, so I figured I should start getting my name a bit known in the party.

Info to find your caucus is here: https://caucusfinder.sos.state.mn.us/

Unless I'm completely late to the party, as usual
View Quote
Correct.
Caucus night is next week.
Depending on your location some local state reps./candidates may come speak. The GOP will ask you to sign in. You can run to be a delegate if you want to attend the local co., congressional, and state conventions. In theory this is also the path to attending the national convention. Not sure if that's likely for a first time attendee but it's possible.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#4]
That makes sense.   I guess I hadn’t thought about the general local party business that goes on at the caucuses along with the voting for nominees.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Bump for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
So many Republicans in my rural area that there are more delegate positions than there are warm bodies in the caucus room.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#10]
There were four locations in our county for the caucuses. Ten people total at my location for the Republicans. I was the only one from my township. I’m now a delegate.

Next step, county convention on 3-14-20
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I sure hope this isn't any indication of voter turnout in November
View Quote
Probably not a strong indicator.
There was nothing to vote on or really do last night other than sign up to be a delegate. Most normal people don't want to be delegates.
The only kind of interesting contest is who will get to run against Tina Smith for Senate. I assume it will be Jason Lewis, but Barrett seems to want to make a contest of it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
General location?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So many Republicans in my rural area that there are more delegate positions than there are warm bodies in the caucus room.
General location?
IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 12:17:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hasn't arrived
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM sent.
Hasn't arrived
Hmmm.
Resent.
ARF is stingy with non paying members' IM boxes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top