Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2021 6:43:13 PM EDT
I saw a unique license plate today from Maryland. It was like this one but had a different number pattern obviously:

Attachment Attached File

Now I'm curious if it were 12345 C/B would a 12345 on another style tag be issued?

Just wondering if it was actually special or if it was "you can get that in 30 different styles."

How do you search it if you're a cop and they're in a different state. 12345 CB? CB 12345? 12345 and select the one that matches the vehicle you pulled over?

Sorry, just a few of a million random questions that ran through my head today
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I saw a unique license plate today from Maryland. It was like this one but had a different number pattern obviously:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/142915/Capture_JPG-2024167.JPG

Now I'm curious if it were 12345 C/B would a 12345 on another style tag be issued?
View Quote
The "CB" is for Chesapeake Bay, the vanity tag series. Each vanity tag series has it's own number and 12345xx could conceivably be duplicated in any other series.
Just wondering if it was actually special or if it was "you can get that in 30 different styles."
View Quote
I'm not sure how many special plates they have anymore like that, but I think a slew. I have a veteran plate that is an "HDVxxxx" and they must have run out of four-digit numbers, because new vet plates are "VExxxxx".
How do you search it if you're a cop and they're in a different state. 12345 CB? CB 12345? 12345 and select the one that matches the vehicle you pulled over?
View Quote
I don't know how it's done here, but in VA where I ran a scanner a lot, the deputy would have called in a "MD 12345C/B" as "Maryland-One-Two-Three-Four-Five-Charlie over Bravo". The new veteran plate would be "Maryland-Victor over Echo-One-Two-Three....", since the "VE is on the left side of the plate. Again, that's how they did it in the VA area I was in.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top