Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2020 8:30:44 AM EDT
To ship to Antioch?  With Foid & dl of course.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. It's in lake county.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank youfor the reply,  Cook would be the only county where it would be n/g  ?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I may be wrong but I think you can ship to any county in IL as long as they send both FOID and DL/ID. As long as it goes to one of the addresses on either document. Ammunition hasn't been restricted anywhere in IL as far as I know. At least not beyond needing the FOID card.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't M855 stick to a magne?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't M855 stick to a magne?
View Quote
IANAL and could be totally wrong.

I believe it does stick to magnet but because of a steel "penetrator" tip and not steel core.  Ive seen lots of confusion on this. Pretty sure its still sold here, at least it used to be.  Not banned in IL afaik, but Ive heard many ranges will ban it often citing concerns over sparking.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
To ship to Antioch?  With Foid & dl of course.
View Quote

As has already been said, as long as you are shipping to the address on the FOID and DL, you should be fine. 855 is completely legal in The Worker's Paradise.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IANAL and could be totally wrong.

I believe it does stick to magnet but because of a steel "penetrator" tip and not steel core.  Ive seen lots of confusion on this. Pretty sure its still sold here, at least it used to be.  Not banned in IL afaik, but Ive heard many ranges will ban it often citing concerns over sparking.
View Quote

Dunno about Cook, but M855 isn't banned in IL as a whole. The store I work at PT gets Winchester M855 in semi-regularly.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't ask, don't tell.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#9]
m855 has a steel penatrator and lead core. M855A1 has a steel penetrator and copper/brass core, no lead
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#10]
No problem shopping to cook either.

<----- lives in cook.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top