Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2023 11:56:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cooper1]
Just found out.  A buddy was looking to buy one.  Are these legal to purchase from a pre ban owner looking to sell?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Not 100% positive, but I think he can purchase one in 6.5CM, as the law is written, it only mentions 308...again not 100% positive.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 11:27:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eshell] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GE-Mini-Gun:
Not 100% positive, but I think he can purchase one in 6.5CM, as the law is written, it only mentions 308...again not 100% positive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GE-Mini-Gun:
Correct. Only the .308 version is banned at this time.

ETA:
Originally Posted By Cooper1:...Are these legal to purchase from a pre ban owner looking to sell?
No, not if the buyer is in Maryland. Possession by the original owner is grandfathered in and it cannot be sold to another Maryland resident. The rifle can only be kept by the pre-ban owner or sold out of state.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By eshell:
Correct. Only the .308 version is banned at this time.

ETA:
No, not if the buyer is in Maryland. Possession by the original owner is grandfathered in and it cannot be sold to another Maryland resident. The rifle can only be kept by the pre-ban owner or sold out of state.
View Quote

Just don’t go around bragging when you bought it. A FTF and a S/N indicating a pre ban Mfg date is all you need.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

Just don’t go around bragging when you bought it. A FTF and a S/N indicating a pre ban Mfg date is all you need.
View Quote

So, you had to buy it before 1996. M1A was regulated 1996-2013, in 2013 it was banned (.308 model). MD SUCKS!
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe the Norinco made M1A is ok to own in Maryland
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top