Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2020 6:36:58 PM EDT
Any experts on here?
I may have accidentally (on their part) stumbled upon a gem.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Other than I've always wanted one...no.  One of the coolest and fun to shoot of the surplus market.  

So give us the scoop!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a beat to crap Ethiopian supposed to be a Inland and it's all Winchester except the pot belly high wood stock and the Quality/Rock Ola handguard.
Kinda at a fork about which road to take.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a beat to crap Ethiopian supposed to be a Inland and it's all Winchester except the pot belly high wood stock and the Quality/Rock Ola handguard.
Kinda at a fork about which road to take.
View Quote

It seems you know quite a bit now. I believe the story with carbines is a lot of parts were shipped around from factory to factory to meet shipments. If they are of the same period it's close enough.

Is it the earlier or later style parts?

If it has a good bore I'd just shoot it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Royal Tiger just randomly stuck a action in a messed up stock and sold it.
The action appears to be all original even the barrel.
The lands are not real sharp and it almost eats a .30 bullet as a muzzle wear test but I don't care
It's unshootable as is, the action is just flopping in the stock, and I've got shooters.
Serial # is in the 5.6M range and the internals point to '44/'45 production.(late)

My turmoil is keep it as is all bare metal and rust or refinish everything, make it look new.
Other than the waist of the stock being uncleanable black from ????? hands holding it, it's got no "coolness", no "story to tell".
I made the mistake of using our vapor blaster on the slide because the brass brush wasn't doing anything, so I think I'm committed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know anything about that stuff.  I always wanted a Rockola Garand and an M1 carbine just because I love the guns and the jukeboxes.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think Royal Tiger just randomly stuck a action in a messed up stock and sold it.
The action appears to be all original even the barrel.
The lands are not real sharp and it almost eats a .30 bullet as a muzzle wear test but I don't care
It's unshootable as is, the action is just flopping in the stock, and I've got shooters.
Serial # is in the 5.6M range and the internals point to '44/'45 production.(late)

My turmoil is keep it as is all bare metal and rust or refinish everything, make it look new.
Other than the waist of the stock being uncleanable black from ????? hands holding it, it's got no "coolness", no "story to tell".
I made the mistake of using our vapor blaster on the slide because the brass brush wasn't doing anything, so I think I'm committed.
View Quote

Back in the early 70's a Texas gunsmith got hold of a Winchester action like you described but a 22" shilllen barrel on it with Williams sights a a custom Fajen mannlicher stock on it. I thought it was beautiful.

The barrel is what would be most expensive I think. But to me there's a certain cool factor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top