Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2022 1:10:44 PM EDT
per subject. I need a few soon to be SBR lowers engraved. I've used NFA in the past. They did a fine job but it took maybe 2 two weeks turn around. And, I'm not sure they can do my CZ scorpions, not sure if they can do polymer. They must be busy as they have not answered their phone over the dozen times I've called in the last two days...

Lv Laser engraving told me he would do them as I waited, about an hour to do all of them, not bad! He also does polymer, costs a bit more but whatever. What I don't know is his work quality. I'd rather use NFA and wait if it means getting the job done right...

Any other engraver recommendations are welcome! I'm in Vegas...

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve used them on some HK’s engraving them in the channel which is a pretty difficult place to engrave and they came out just fine plus they do it while you wait. I’d use them again with no reservations.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LVJD:
I've used them on some HK's engraving them in the channel which is a pretty difficult place to engrave and they came out just fine plus they do it while you wait. I'd use them again with no reservations.
View Quote
Thanks. I'll be heading there this afternoon, hopefully all goes well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:27:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shultz] [#3]
Lv Laser engraving is FABALOUS!!!

I called ahead just to make sure they didn't get slammed with work today. arrived shortly before 2pm and left about 2:30 with 7 engravings done!

Hat off to Brian and his wife for going above and beyond to help me. They had been cutting/engraving polymer most of the day. As a result, there was what was honestly for most people would be a FAINT chemical odor in the shop. As soon as I walked in, I had to set my stuff down and get back to the door for fresh air. little over two years ago, I was exposed to Chlorine gas in an industrial accident... As a result, I'm hypersensitive to Chemical odor and most ANY chemical odor triggers my "get the hell outa dodge" reflex and I just can't stay in the area even when using my portable oxygen...yeah, my lungs are pretty cooked

So, Brian's wife promptly moved the "office" outside to their truck bed We did a few minutes of paperwork and marked the engraving locations. She went back inside and came back maybe 5 minutes later with the first engraving! this repeated until they were all done. Once finished, I paid ($50 each item) and BS's with Brian and his wife a bit, VERY nice people.

I simply could not be more pleased with the Professional, friendly staff or the engraving work they did for me
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By shultz:
Lv Laser engraving is FABALOUS!!!

I called ahead just to make sure they didn't get slammed with work today. arrived shortly before 2pm and left about 2:30 with 7 engravings done!

Hat off to Brian and his wife for going above and beyond to help me. They had been cutting/engraving polymer most of the day. As a result, there was what was honestly for most people would be a FAINT chemical odor in the shop. As soon as I walked in, I had to set my stuff down and get back to the door for fresh air. little over two years ago, I was exposed to Chlorine gas in an industrial accident... As a result, I'm hypersensitive to Chemical odor and most ANY chemical odor triggers my "get the hell outa dodge" reflex and I just can't stay in the area even when using my portable oxygen...yeah, my lungs are pretty cooked

So, Brian's wife promptly moved the "office" outside to their truck bed We did a few minutes of paperwork and marked the engraving locations. She went back inside and came back maybe 5 minutes later with the first engraving! this repeated until they were all done. Once finished, I paid ($50 each item) and BS's with Brian and his wife a bit, VERY nice people.

I simply could not be more pleased with the Professional, friendly staff or the engraving work they did for me
View Quote

Good to know.  I plan on doing a cz scorpion in the future.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By crapshoot:

Good to know.  I plan on doing a cz scorpion in the future.
View Quote
FYI on the Scorpion. If yours is newer and had the serial# engraved in a metal plate just below the ejection port you can get your info added to that plate. Brian put my 12 letter name above the serial# and Las Vegas,nv below. Assuming you're good with this, it's $50.

If you want the engraving done on the polymer or your scorpion is an older one that does not have the metal serial plate, it's $75 to engrave the polymer.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]
He engraved an aluminum rimfire can for me and I was happy with his work.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Used these guys today for 2 NFA items and I couldn't have asked for better work. They were friendly, professional, knowledgeable, he did it while I waited, and it only took 15 minutes for the two items. I would recommend them and will use them again for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top