Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2023 11:52:25 PM EDT
I've got to be in Lubbock on Saturday.  Fly in Friday and get dinner/hotel or fly in Saturday?

Cool town?  Decent restaurants?  BBQ?  Breweries?  Will I get shot and robbed?

Or, should I just fly in Saturday and get my stuff done?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:49:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Lubbock is safe. My daughter works for Dave & Busters corporate and they just opened one there, if that's your thing. I can't sleep and I'm tired so I can't remember the names of any of the places we normally go. (I live 2 hours away) but every local establishment seems to have great food and plenty of staff due to being a college town.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to live in Lubbock about 20 years ago. I was just recently there the same day OP was. The town has changed so much I hardly recognized it. It definitely didn't feel like the Lubbock I knew. The wife and I went to eat at the Copper Caboose on 50th and Slide and it was just as good as I remembered. I used to work at the old one on 4th Street that moved over to 54th and Ave Q.

I'd still recommend the Copper Caboose to eat at.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#3]
We flew in a bit late, but were able to grab a nice dinner at Jalisco.  Really good authentic Mexican food.

Stayed at a hotel SW side of town.  Just a quick fly in and drive to buy a car.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top