Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 2/18/2020 12:34:48 PM EDT
We seem to have lost the other multi page thread filled with tons of relevant info on the recent policy change.

Please no Advertising outside of COC, bickering or fear mongering.

Not legal advice here but as I understand the aidz cannon it is...

Min 26 OAL
Front grip
Min 12 inch Barrel as measured from bolt face/chamber to crown or pinned muzzle device.
Pistol brace
Jury is still out if there is any maximum barrel length but have not seen any compelling info.

Build at your own risk as you are now the manufacturer, but that’s the way it has always been since we were building up rifle lowers under the first and second AWB and with registered lowers. So have fun.

So where are we seeing lowers for sale. Where are they in stock and who is taking orders?

KEEP FACTUAL, NO B.S. OR THIS WILL GET TRASHED.....andrapos
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Tobacco Valley Gun has some inbound.

The Gun Store has a ton inbound and will custom order what you want.

Hoffman's is taking orders, but I don't believe they have any in stock.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Jojo's has some inbound as well:

-- stripped anderson lowers

-- complete BCM lowers with sb3 braces
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The gun store has the best selection that I’ve found so far. Ordered a Noveske n6 set along with a San tan set from them this morning. Here’s a photo of what they have to pre order.
Hoffmans has standard lowers and those are the only places I’ve been to so far.
As for what makes an other:
Overall length of 26”+
12.5”+ barrel
Foregrip that is vertical. Cannot be angled
Brace, not a stock
*edit to add can have flash hider and does not need to be pinned.
I’m sure there is more too it, but that is what I gather and I am no lawyer so take it for face value.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Fairfield County has been delivering them as of this morning and can order whatever. I just ordered some Spikes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The gun store has the best selection that I’ve found so far. Ordered a Noveske n6 set along with a San tan set from them this morning. Here’s a photo of what they have to pre order.
Hoffmans has standard lowers and those are the only places I’ve been to so far.
As for what makes an other:
Overall length of 26”+
12.5”+ barrel
Foregrip that is vertical. Cannot be angled
Brace, not a stock
*edit to add can have flash hider and does not need to be pinned.
I’m sure there is more too it, but that is what I gather and I am no lawyer so take it for face value.
View Quote
A brace that you can strap into.

I would NOT do an SBA3. Prior to CT opening the floodgates, ATF had made a "decision" about certain braces being compliant or not, nobody knows what actually came of it or what braces were getting called out, but the SBA3 is too much like a stock.

If you get a Shockwave, make sure you get the velcro and can strap in.

Make sure your barrels  are above 12".

There is currently no max.

Colt M4 overrun barrels are perfect at 14.5 inches - Don't get your brake pinned, just thread it on and call it a day. FN and Colt are good brands.

Faxon sells some at 12.5" in as well - 300BLK and 223 Wylde.

They're kind of picky about VFG's - Magpul, Bravo Company, Troy, DD, Tango Down makes a good one too. - Make sure it's NOT quick detach.

That's about it really.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordered a BCM from JoJo’s this morning, complete with an SBA3.  They expect them in the next 2 days. They said to me that they and Lester had done a group buy together on the BCM’s.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ordered a BCM from JoJo’s this morning, complete with an SBA3.  They expect them in the next 2 days. They said to me that they and Lester had done a group buy together on the BCM’s.
View Quote
How much is Jojo charging for the complete BCM lower?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd correct this to read:
Quoted:
Barrel as measured from closed bolt (or breech-face) to the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device..
View Quote

as this how the ATF's words it.

Definitely still out on max barrel length. Where does this even stem from? (what reg, code, act, etc, not scuttlebutt)
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#9]
No longer a max.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A brace that you can strap into.

I would NOT do an SBA3. Prior to CT opening the floodgates, ATF had made a "decision" about certain braces being compliant or not, nobody knows what actually came of it or what braces were getting called out, but the SBA3 is too much like a stock.

If you get a Shockwave, make sure you get the velcro and can strap in.

Make sure your barrels  are between 12" and 16". I would not go above or below.

Someone's going to say, "Well Red Planet Did"...And nobody really knows if it's legal or not so, that's where we are.
View Quote
Dude give it a rest with misinformation.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Dude give it a rest with misinformation.  Seriously.
View Quote
If you have a problem with the information I’ve provided please contact my attorney:

Gregory Miller

CCDL Attorneys

2nd from the bottom.

He works with CCDL as well and I’m not sure if he’ll charge you but I’m tired of your bullshit.

Thanks.

{all of this ^^^^ needs to stop, on BOTH sides.....andrapos}
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
why ruin the thread {name removed.......andrapos}?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#13]
{removed....andrapos}
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#14]
{removed....andrapos}
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#15]
{removed....andrapos}
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#16]
{removed....andrapos}
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why allow the spread of misinformation?
View Quote
Are you a manufacturer?

Did you call my attorney to verify what I’m saying is accurate?

No to both?

Then shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Are you a manufacturer?

Did you call my attorney to verify what I’m saying is accurate?

No to both?

Then shut the fuck up.
View Quote
That’s all you got?   Showing your true colors as a business owner.  Clearly.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Please. Cut the shit
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
why ruin the thread  {name removed.......andrapos}?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#21]
We lost the other thread? As in completely nuked, not just locked? Why?

At least we are picking up where we left off.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#22]
because there is no reason to ruin an informative thread, but yet here we go again........
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#23]
This is fun reading.  I was disappointed to see the previous thread was nuked.

Back to you kids throwing cow pies at each other.  I'm gonna go make a sandwich, because popcorn is running low.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#24]
So The Lowers in Question are Ok to build in KONNECTICUT?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#25]
CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH THE DICK MEASURING CONTESTS and just let this be an informational thread for those of us not interested in the bullshit back and forth?

Please?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH THE DICK MEASURING CONTESTS and just let this be an informational thread for those of us not interested in the bullshit back and forth?

Please?
View Quote
Factual information?  I agree.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I am, I have no idea how he would have my name unless he googled my username here.  I have no idea who he is.
View Quote
And to be clear - My issue is your complete and utter lack of effort.

I'm established in this field, I consult multiple attorneys. It's safe to assume that I have a tremendous grasp on what the law is in this space.

You offer no evidence to refute your claim other than, "you're wrong", "stop talking shit".

You have absolutely no idea if I'm right or wrong and put no effort into having a meaningful discussion what-so-ever.

That's my issue in and of it's entirety.

----

I just spoke to my attorney and there has been 1 change.

The 16" barrel maximum is no longer a thing.

It's a 12" minimum and that's that.

The only caveat is (according to him) they're now coming after you if it was designed to be shot from the shoulder.

So, I would most definitely stay away from the SBA3's personally. Which was said well before ANY of you mentioned a group-buy...

Otherwise, I'm going to edit previous posts since this has now changed.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Let me google that for you.

I guess it's a mystery how anyone could identify Rich A under that mountain of persec he's hiding behind.

----

I just spoke to my attorney and there has been 1 change.

The 16" barrel maximum is no longer a thing.

It's a 12" minimum and that's that.

The only caveat is (according to him) they're now coming after you if it was designed to be shot from the shoulder.

So, I would most definitely stay away from the SBA3's personally. Which was said well before ANY of you mentioned a group-buy...

Otherwise, I'm going to edit previous posts since this has now changed.
View Quote
I’ve had the same user name for every single message board for the past 17 years. I’m not hiding behind anything.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#29]
And if what was discussed in THIS THREAD is true, rolling your own might be a good option too?

Obviously staying within the same confines of the "other" features
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#30]
ordered me up a few billet lowers a few hours ago....  
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And if what was discussed in THIS THREAD is true, rolling your own might be a good option too?

Obviously staying within the same confines of the "other" features
View Quote
So, with the Ohio ruling...How are they going to enforce making a "gun" if the lower receiver is no longer considered "a firearm" or "a gun".

I'd consult an attorney before moving forward, but at this point, I'd say you're good to go.

A user down a few threads down allegedly called SLFU and got the "okay" so, based on that, I'd say you're all set.

Not legal advice - Offering an opinion.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
ordered me up a few billet lowers a few hours ago....  
View Quote
What did you get?  Matching uppers?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So, with the Ohio ruling...How are they going to enforce making a "gun" if the lower receiver is no longer considered "a firearm" or "a gun".

I'd consult an attorney before moving forward, but at this point, I'd say you're good to go.

A user down a few threads down allegedly called SLFU and got the "okay" so, based on that, I'd say you're all set.

Not legal advice - Offering an opinion.
View Quote
Nothing is a certainty in this state
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nothing is a certainty in this state
View Quote
Well, you have the 2nd circuit behind you.

And the guy a few threads down.

Few threads down
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
EDITED

I guess it's a mystery how anyone could identify EDITED under that mountain of persec he's hiding behind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am, I have no idea how he would have my name unless he googled my username here.  I have no idea who he is.
EDITED

I guess it's a mystery how anyone could identify EDITED under that mountain of persec he's hiding behind.
Googling peoples shit isn’t nice.

Now please come to my sword thread.

Edit:  I am editing this post to remove the quoted content where somebody unceremoniously doxed another member through a google search.  Absolutely deplorable, and not in a good way.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, you have the 2nd circuit behind you.

And the guy a few threads down.

Few threads down
View Quote
Thats the thread I linked
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thats the thread I linked
View Quote
Oh I tried linking the post...It's like 3/4 down.

Well, he called the Vault and they said he could register.

I mean, how are they going to prove when you built it?

Carbon dating the material?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't give this thread long before its nuked. Anyone have anymore popcorn? I ran out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not trying to be a “chooch” but I’m confused.  So, if you have an 80% lower you can machine it and build it into a compliant other only correct?  I assume this is only legit if you machined it before 10/19 right?  it would be a no go post 10/19.

Lower’s are no longer considered firearms?  Is this 80% only or did something happen when I was under a rock?  Again not being a tool.  I’m just trying to understand, I’m kind of lost here.

Serial numbers are optional.  This would make sense if it was machined before 10/19.  80% of any variety...AR lower, polymer 80 etc.  Post 10/19 serial numbers are mandatory.  At least that was my understanding.

For the record I have no plans on building anything in the future unless it’s on one of my reg’d lowers.  I’m just trying to stay on the same page with what’s going on.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't give this thread long before its nuked. Anyone have anymore popcorn? I ran out.
View Quote
Maybe a 3rd one without fuckstick McGee the part-time photoshopper that thinks the most popular brace in America is illegal.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#41]
arocking is
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, no popcorn.  I’m looking for potato chips.  I just finished the bag.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
arocking is ban worthy!
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#44]
One of my favorites
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
arocking is
View Quote
You’re right.  I had a change of heart.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:Not trying to be a “chooch” but I’m confused.  So, if you have an 80% lower you can machine it and build it into a compliant other only correct?  I assume this is only legit if you machined it before 10/19 right?  it would be a no go post 10/19.

Lower’s are no longer considered firearms?  Is this 80% only or did something happen when I was under a rock?  Again not being a tool.  I’m just trying to understand, I’m kind of lost here.

Serial numbers are optional.  This would make sense if it was machined before 10/19.  80% of any variety...AR lower, polymer 80 etc.  Post 10/19 serial numbers are mandatory.  At least that was my understanding.

For the record I have no plans on building anything in the future unless it’s on one of my reg’d lowers.  I’m just trying to stay on the same page with what’s going on.
View Quote
Ap article has the least bias.

Ap article

To TLDR it - Your lower receiver no longer counts as a firearm or a gun.

It's not a firearm or a gun until the upper receiver is mated to the lower receiver.

So your ordering an 80% isn't regulated because there is no "ghost gun". It's not a firearm. It's nothing.

According to the 2nd circuit court, it's a hunk of metal with #'s on it. It's a paperweight UNTIL the upper and lowers are combined.

So...Who's to say you didn't machine it 8 months ago and "forget" about it in the back of your safe? Maybe you dropped it in a river...? Maybe you left it at JoeBob's house? Who knows.

Technically, you could register it tomorrow.

Now, we're not in that circuit, but the writing is on the walls which, is why (to my understanding) the lower change came about last week.

Lawyers are still trying to figure it out...Mine changed his opinion with the 16" barrel length, earlier this afternoon after conferring with other attorneys in the state. Dinosaurs could've been faeries tomorrow - Who knows.

Anything else I could add is going to be conjecture because nobody really knows diddly. So, that's where things are.

Its like the SBA-3 situation. My ATF agent warned me there was probably going to be an issue with the SBA-3s. We stayed away. My attorney says there will be an issue with them because you can move them at your whim. That was now 2 reasons why I stayed away. I try and pay that advice forward and get shit on relentlessly for allegedly "misinforming people". What I'm misinforming anyone of when I give advice as a firearm manufacturer is beyond me, but opinions are like assholes and clearly everyone here has one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#47]
The gun store in Waterbury had Anderson’s for sale
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ap article has the least bias.

Ap article

To TLDR it - Your lower receiver no longer counts as a firearm or a gun.

It's not a firearm or a gun until the upper receiver is mated to the lower receiver.
View Quote
So this ruling is what clearly opened the door.  This is why FFL’s in the state are making a mad dash to sell  serialized lowers.  I think I got it now.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Its like the SBA-3 situation. My ATF agent warned me there was probably going to be an issue with the SBA-3s. We stayed away. My attorney says there will be an issue with them because you can move them at your whim. That was now 2 reasons why I stayed away.
View Quote
Yeah that's a load of bullshit. The SBA3 has been out for a while now and we have the SBA4 too.

Neither of them were the first to be adjustable by the user.

Magpul is coming out with theirs is that is also adjustable.

Your ATF agent isn't the law.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah that's a load of bullshit. The SBA3 has been out for a while now and we have the SBA4 too.

Neither of them were the first to be adjustable by the user.

Magpul is coming out with theirs is that is also adjustable.

Your ATF agent isn't the law.
View Quote
I never said it was. I offered a PERSONAL opinion based on the information I've received.

We designed our Other Weapon WITH Atf and SLFU. I took a different approach and stayed directly between the lines.

It was and is an informed decision for our product.

I have an account with SB - We sell the SBM4 direct. SB tactical are awesome people.

If I thought putting an SBA-3 on our product was the right way to go, it'd be there. I don't so, it's not.

You don't have to buy from me. You don't have to purchase what I say. I'm not God.

That being said, liability isn't on us anymore...As of Tuesday, I don't quite care what you do.

If the ATF randomly changes their mind next week - That sounds like a YOU problem.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top